Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A coincidence but interesting timing that WT move on a prop and Newcastle move on a half in the same week, following rumours the clubs will swap Klemmer and Brooks with an official announcement in the coming days surely.
The Knights have signed the former WTs 5/8 from the Broncs.

A coincidence but interesting timing that WT move on a prop and Newcastle move on a half in the same week, following rumours the clubs will swap Klemmer and Brooks with an official announcement in the coming days surely.

You could draw a line to that conclusion....
OR you could remember that the Knights announced Tyson Gamble a few weeks ago
and Clifford might be just looking to move on....
OR the Knights could be looking to let Clifford go early in the hope of getting Kai Pearce-Paul a year earlier??

Who really knows....

Surely no coincedence, Clifford off to Super League. Brooks to Knights firming now surely.

Much has been said about Brooks, bashing and supporting. For me, he is a decent player who I have supported for many years, hoping he would reach the top level. Time is up. While we don't have a far superior half on the books (each have different strengths and weaknesses), the best place for Brooks to play for the Wests Tigers is with the Knights. We simply can't expect to be a top line side with him pulling the strings on last tackle in the opposition 20 considering the size of his pay packet. His performance is akin to a $450k player.

Reactions: 851
All of this about Klemmer is purely speculation. I would not be one bit surprised if any of the following was the plan:

- Sign Klemmer ... Blore & Pole focused on the backrow in 2023
- Sign Klemmer & Bateman ... Blore & Pole used as in both middle & backrow capacities
- Sign Andrew Fifita for 1 season in 2023, Leniu signed for 2024 onwards & a good backrower signed for 2023 (Bateman or Frizell).
- Sign Nathan Brown & a good backrower signed for 2023 (Bateman or Frizell).

My 1st conspiracy theory is if we sign Nathan Brown, it means he will play Lock, Hastings to half and Brooks to Newcastle with possibly Tyson Frizell coming our way.

My 2nd conspiracy theory is Brooks to Newcastle with Clifford (and Klemmer or Frizell) to Tigers. I think Clifford to Hull could be a smokescreen and Sheens/Benji think they can reform Clifford like Sheens did with Scott Prince.

It's like Christmas Eve waiting to open my Xmas presents. They are either awesome or handkerchiefs lol

In footy you can either sign talent or develop talent.

For mine, the chances of a wooden spoon team signing enough quality first graders to make the top eight is about the same as Scott Morrison winning Miss Universe.

Since the Moses/Woods/Tedesco/Brooks/Nofoaluma era, we've really dropped the ball on developing talent and have been stuck signing has-beens from other clubs or gambling on fringe talent or unproven juniors.

While it sounds like a cop out to say that success is still a few years away, it's an realistic summary of the situation that we're in.
I understand what your saying and I agree Scott has more chance but I don't think its mainly to do with the spoon . Dogs got 2021 spoon and have huge recruitment. Its partly that but long before we got the spoon Quality players were shunning us . We are an undesirable location and I guess Pascoe knew that and the COE was to change that but when the top players are mapping out their future its a minor issue .
I've stated many times on this forum why I think its undesirable ,divided club etc so won't go into it again except to say this
Wests Tigers is a JV taking the Wests from one club and the Tigers from the other . To me Wests Magpies and Balmain Tigers are not Joint Venture football clubs . Some feel it doesn't matter but I do !

Bottom 4 with Klemmer. I think we need Klemmer but I don't want to pay way overs for him especially on a longer term deal. I think we need a left edge backrower more than a big prop but we desperately need a big prop like Klemmer. I hope we get him.
Why wouldn't we have spoon written over the team? Still the same reserve grade players running around. If we get the spoon so be it. Rather that then paying some reserve grade players overs.

My eyes must be deceiving me, swear I read a comment saying no to Klemmer, regularly takes 2-3 tacklers to get him down which creates space for the next play, isn’t scared to make enemies and regularly makes good metres, all the while having a solid offload for second phase play which we so desperately lack, he would be a great addition to our lacklustre pack and anyone who says otherwise must just watch tigers games.

I think the Sheens then Benji 2025 thing along with Sheens frequent references to junior development is setting them up to be able to explain away 2023 and 2024 failures and say its all part of a 5 year plan
The fans expect a lot more and a lot sooner
To put it bluntly we have a lousy roster and nothing can be done about it for next year

Situation with Brooks has taken a turn in the last couple days, with his management informing the club he intends to sign with Knights from 2024 after November 1. Clearly a move to make things happen earlier in 2023. Some at the club believe this could be a move to get an official extension presented. Fast moving situation, expected to come to a head in the week.

Should be noted Sheens want's to keep Brooks & is keen to coach him, but obviously if he signs for 2024 best off releasing him now.

Situation with Brooks has taken a turn in the last couple days, with his management informing the club he intends to sign with Knights from 2024 after November 1. Clearly a move to make things happen earlier in 2023. Some at the club believe this could be a move to get an official extension presented. Fast moving situation, expected to come to a head in the week.
Thanks pom

Any other news?

Should be noted Sheens want's to keep Brooks & is keen to coach him, but obviously if he signs for 2024 best off releasing him now.
Little slime bag.

I hate when people sign the following year with another club, but tanks it for a year before they go.

Thanks for the news. It's going to be party time on here for a while.

With this in mind, you mentioned the other day that it's unlikely a deal won't be done with Hastings prior to Nov 1. Was this a deliberate double negative meaning it's likely he'll extend?

Much to report from the England expedition?

Cheers, mate.

Little slime bag.

I hate when people sign the following year with another club, but tanks it for a year before they go.

He isn't tanking. He just wants a release. I reckon this is good for us because we have a dud spine and we need to release at least one of them.

It's going to lower the post count significantly on here though.

Should be noted Sheens want's to keep Brooks & is keen to coach him, but obviously if he signs for 2024 best of releasing him now.
Best business for the club would be to walk away from the table, if Brooks or his management want to create a bidding war for his services then it shows his is not willing to take less money to play for this club. I can't blame him for that, but the club should recognise the sunk cost and move on.

Members online

Back