Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I see the Klemmer thing is not on at least for 2023 . I'm not surprised yet I still. read lots of fantasy recruitment Moses , Dylan Brown and even Burton let's face it recruitment is hard and yet few want to admit it and soul-search why ?
On Oct 18 I expressed some views on this but no one challenged and I would love someone to debate me
So I'm clear Wests Tigers have an NRL side and a Jersey Flegg side
Western Suburbs Magpies have a NSW cup side and a SG Ball and Harold Mathews side and Balmain has a SG Ball side .
We are just not where top nrl stars want to go and its not to do with the spoon
just look at the dogs . I feel ONE club One name gives our profile more power
If someone disagrees and feel that Cup ,Ball and Matt's sides should be called magpies tell me why and how it helps
The JV was taking the Wests from one club and the Tigers from the other and when mixed together a club called Wests Tigers is born and that is the club I support
Imagine the feeling of disengagement when Wests Tigers sign a promising junior and he is shipped off to play with Western Suburbs Magpies? Or Balmain?
I could be wrong, but I’m convinced a pathway, or any succession plan, would become more established if it were seamless.

Imagine the feeling of disengagement when Wests Tigers sign a promising junior and he is shipped off to play with Western Suburbs Magpies? Or Balmain?
I could be wrong, but I’m convinced a pathway, or any succession plan, would become more established if it were seamless.

That is an excellent point

My final word on Garry Jack, to me his most memorable moment was his tackle on a runaway Alan McIndoe (the Emerald Express) in a SOO game on the touchline. Tedesco couldn't have made the tackle and I believe even the great Billy Slater wouldn't have made it, both aren't quick enough over the distance.
My final word on Gary Jack..if only we had a FB of his caliber today? He had all the skills and a tough resilience. Loved watching his kick returns, at top speed.

If you read the post properly, you’d understand the difference between leaving and getting poached. For those unproven, they will stay and wait to get their opportunity when they have nowhere else to go, unless of course they think they’re “special”.
what a pedantic answer, clearly shows you have no clue about what I was asking. As I read it the first time you said the ones who think they are special (and probably are) will get poached because clubs see the talent and low cost of them, so we end up with the rest . So why not answer my question

you clearly missed what I am saying. wing is a spot kids debut for clubs, specifically outside backs, its a position clubs can save money by having kids debut. Penrith being the prime example - the development club we aim to be. We have novo on one wing, seemingly locked up, then we sign another winger on larger dollars. kids will leave (or get poached if you want to be pedantic) my question is simple - who do you think will leave as a result of locking up both wings. It is a simple question. either no one, or which ones.

My final word on Gary Jack..if only we had a FB of his caliber today? He had all the skills and a tough resilience. Loved watching his kick returns, at top speed.
Fullbacks have always had a fascination for me.
I'd say, even as the style of their roles has changed over decades, the fullback remained crucial to the teams they played for.
I just loved their strengths.
Too hard to really say one more than another, simply because each brought something special.

what a pedantic answer, clearly shows you have no clue about what I was asking. As I read it the first time you said the ones who think they are special (and probably are) will get poached because clubs see the talent and low cost of them, so we end up with the rest . So why not answer my question

you clearly missed what I am saying. wing is a spot kids debut for clubs, specifically outside backs, its a position clubs can save money by having kids debut. Penrith being the prime example - the development club we aim to be. We have novo on one wing, seemingly locked up, then we sign another winger on larger dollars. kids will leave (or get poached if you want to be pedantic) my question is simple - who do you think will leave as a result of locking up both wings. It is a simple question. either no one, or which ones.
Says it all really l.

Fullbacks have always had a fascination for me.
I'd say, even as the style of their roles has changed over decades, the fullback remained crucial to the teams they played for.
I just loved their strengths.
Too hard to really say one more than another, simply because each brought something special.

As a fullback that explains why I have always found you fascinating ;-)

Players such as Ngutlik and Bula can play more than one position, Ngutlik has played centre and Bula fullback, Tupou - centre, fullback and wing. If you are good enough imo, a place will be found for you especially with Sheens, Mashall, Farah and Furner at the club.

Perfectly said
- I argued years ago the juniors should be badged as wests tigers - inner / outer west or some such….

The benefits of having a one club, on name, one brand throughout the whole organisation is far too frightening for the old guard - here and at the club.

Players such as Ngutlik and Bula can play more than one position, Ngutlik has played centre and Bula fullback. If you are good enough imo, a place will be found for you especially with Sheens, Mashall, Farah and Furner at the club.
I get you’re trying to be positive which I understand why. But those 4 will not achieve what you are hoping for together. There’s so much toxicity between Benji and Farah alone and Furner and Sheens are long past it. Next two years will be a disaster don’t know how Benji will do alone from 25 but the next 2 years will be very bad.

Perfectly said
- I argued years ago the juniors should be badged as wests tigers - inner / outer west or some such….

The benefits of having a one club, on name, one brand throughout the whole organisation is far too frightening for the old guard - here and at the club.
Wasn't that one of the reasons for Sheens sacking?

I get you’re trying to be positive which I understand why. But those 4 will not achieve what you are hoping for together. There’s so much toxicity between Benji and Farah alone and Furner and Sheens are long past it. Next two years will be a disaster don’t know how Benji will do alone from 25 but the next 2 years will be very bad.
Everyone will have an opinion on our new coaching staff. It comes down to whether you believe. I believe because it would have been easier for Marshall and Farah to say no. To me it means they're here for the right reasons.

Latest posts

Back