Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Another player released today in Gildart and a big congrats to the club..
IMO every player we have let go or not resigned has been the correct one and just amazed how we offloaded Peachey, Musgrove and Gildart all in a space of 2 weeks.. Its like Xmas as come early.

Something is clearly brewing and the club is 100% heading in the right direction IMO. We seem to be talking to the right players and we have to have some locked in already otherwise the club would not be just releasing players like this.
If we could snag Klemmer & Bateman we are a real chance of making the top 8 next year. I hope we extend Hastings and I have no problem with the club trying to bring Moses back as that would be the icing on the cake.

Looking forward to next week.

When does Sheen's return to Aus does anyone know?
In all the years I've followed this club, I've never seen such a swift clean out.

It's only half the story though - now they need the signings to stick.

IMO every player we have let go or not resigned has been the correct one and just amazed how we offloaded Peachey, Musgrove and Gildart all in a space of 2 weeks.. Its like Xmas as come early.

Something is clearly brewing and the club is 100% heading in the right direction IMO. We seem to be talking to the right players and we have to have some locked in already otherwise the club would not be just releasing players like this.
If we could snag Klemmer & Bateman we are a real chance of making the top 8 next year. I hope we extend Hastings and I have no problem with the club trying to bring Moses back as that would be the icing on the cake.

Stop making sense Jonesy 😉

And Tamou

If we managed to get moses back, he would be 30 years old when he arrived.
Why do we continually seem to go for players who are close to there use bye date.
And pay them huge money to retire on.
Lol Cameron Smith played til he was 37...

Reactions: 851

Said he’d be back in time for pre season training which would start early November, I think.

I don't think that's the plan 😂
Maybe not but I don’t think we actually really know what the final plan is ? TS and Co are keeping everyone guessing, with no real leaks.
Coz he understands the Tiger mentality and set up.
Pascoe also playing his role well in keeping low key and to an agreed timetable. And Lee is now basically the Invisible Man. I’m sure TS has given them his ideas on their involvement.
Much to anticipate in November and beyond.
Is it time for our first trial yet ? Could attract the biggest crowd for years.

If we managed to get moses back, he would be 30 years old when he arrived.
Why do we continually seem to go for players who are close to there use bye date.
And pay them huge money to retire on.

Rubbish

Moses would be 29 for majority of season 24 & has a good 5-6yrs left.
For halfbacks he would be in his prime years between 29-33yrs old.

Most of the best halfbacks all have years on Moses.
DCE 5yrs, Hughes 6mths, Hunt 4yrs, Keary 3yrs, Reynolds 4yrs, Townsend 3yrs etc

Cleary is 4yrs younger, Hynes is 18mths younger.

Rubbish

Moses would be 29 for majority of season 24 & has a good 5-6yrs left.
For halfbacks he would be in his prime years between 29-33yrs old.

Most of the best halfbacks all have years on Moses.
DCE 5yrs, Hughes 6mths, Hunt 4yrs, Keary 3yrs, Reynolds 4yrs, Townsend 3yrs etc

Cleary is 4yrs younger, Hynes is 18mths younger.

Looks 12

It could work... if they wear the right numbers on their back.

Financially though....
That's a lot of coin tied up.
If you believe their reported wages to be true.
I disagree with Demps about Brooks in general but i think he has hit the nail on the head with the right numbers.

Back