Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

in o

In our side AD is a centre not a 6 and hopefully he can sign on and is happy to play centre in 2024 and beyond

Is he ? I think in our side he is definitely a half since we only have him and Brooks. He could perform next season and prove himself to be a top shelf 6.

I'm not sure what his best position is.

A slow center

I'm not sure that is his best position. I think his best position may be edge backrower because he wouldn't be slow in that role.

He needs to sort out his defense wherever he plays. He is probably the worse defender in our team.

He is also a runner and needs to have players running off him because he can get his arms free and off load. He can throw a great long ball. He has a great bomb. His decision making is pretty bad though for a half.

It's a rough situation because at times he is our best player and he does look like being a marquee player at times but he only has moments.

I suppose we have to see how he goes next season but one thing that sticks out is that in every position he has been played he hasn't been able to provide consistent top level performances.

Seriously why waste time on Brooks and AD ? They are both under contract for 2023.

Key players in key positions. That is why Brooks cops it so much. He hasn't delivered in one of the most critical roles in the team.

AD and Hastings have given some supporters hope that we can somehow improve in key positions within the team.

It's great that we appear to have a good pack for next season but will it work with a dud spine ?

Is he ? I think in our side he is definitely a half since we only have him and Brooks. He could perform next season and prove himself to be a top shelf 6.

I'm not sure what his best position is.
Is he a centre, 5/8, lock or second rower? While we remain undecided, I'm sure Sheens and Marshall have determined what he is not.

Gus showing the NRL how you rort the cap in plain sight. The audacity is real, and kind of hilarious. Pascoe, take notes.
Sure it's a rort to get Jackson off his current contract.

Yet it is an investment in current culture. Here is someone who screams "bulldogs" who will up physical training and intensity. Phil Gould gets how to build a strong club, see what he did at Penrith and I think something of what he did had rubbed off at Easts. (going back).

It means we were really doing the right thing putting Farah into intensity training. Farah is the right person yet we still need more.

That's the issue. He imo is a lock but unless you are as good as Brad Clyde or Cameron Murray you're unlikely to receive huge $.
Adam D a Lock?

This is what I don't get, the guy has talent and potential. Yet he doesn't seem to have a solid place in our team. All last year we were after people to put their hands up, own your spot.

Adam does not have that Grit that you see in a Jake Friend or Cam Mc. He is no where near Cam Murray and would suck trying to play football like Cam Murray.

Maybe Adam D can play lock like Queensland used to use DCE at lock. Yet we clearly don't have Cronk and Thurston in our halves nor a dominant forward pack that can afford to be a man short.

Where does Adam D fit?
He hates Center,
Doesn't seem to want to be fullback. (Laurie suits better there).
Probably won't want to be wing.
Not a halfback.

We don't want him at 5/8. Adam could have claimed his spot, he did not. I have no idea where he fits.

Adam D a Lock?

This is what I don't get, the guy has talent and potential. Yet he doesn't seem to have a solid place in our team. All last year we were after people to put their hands up, own your spot.

Adam does not have that Grit that you see in a Jake Friend or Cam Mc. He is no where near Cam Murray and would suck trying to play football like Cam Murray.

Maybe Adam D can play lock like Queensland used to use DCE at lock. Yet we clearly don't have Cronk and Thurston in our halves nor a dominant forward pack that can afford to be a man short.

Where does Adam D fit?
He hates Center,
Doesn't seem to want to be fullback. (Laurie suits better there).
Probably won't want to be wing.
Not a halfback.

We don't want him at 5/8. Adam could have claimed his spot, he did not. I have no idea where he fits.
Good summary, I enjoyed reading it.😂

I'm not sure that is his best position. I think his best position may be edge backrower because he wouldn't be slow in that role.

He needs to sort out his defense wherever he plays. He is probably the worse defender in our team.

He is also a runner and needs to have players running off him because he can get his arms free and off load. He can throw a great long ball. He has a great bomb. His decision making is pretty bad though for a half.

It's a rough situation because at times he is our best player and he does look like being a marquee player at times but he only has moments.

I suppose we have to see how he goes next season but one thing that sticks out is that in every position he has been played he hasn't been able to provide consistent top level performances.
In my books center and wingers need speed.... He doesn't have =thus he's no center

I like many don't know where AD best position is.

Sheens should give him 8 weeks in 2023 to prove he is a 5/8 and can tackle in the front line.

If he failed than Laurie to 5/8 and Staines to full back. AD then can play in State Cup or get an early release, $900,000 if correct is way overpriced.

gotta keep that Brooksy hate rolling somehow :)
It's not hate of Brooks, it is hate of Tigers failure, and Luke has been a main driver of that failure due to him being a) the bloke who's been here the longest b) highest paid player c) halfback, which much like the QB in NFL is the most important player on the field.

People have the dirts with Brooks and wanted him gone because he's been underperforming for an NRL halfback.

Latest posts

Members online

Back