Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We got some options eh, as mentioned.
Feledy might make his way in.

Not sure how it'll all shape up next year let alone 2024... just fun to speculate ☺️
I think Feledy will be in the team from round 13 onwards I think he will be a first grade player for a long time will press for origin in years to come

Hastings article today was an interesting read. Personally think it really shows the professionalism of Jacko and Sheens. Many have questioned the decision, but for a player who received a major pay upgrade and a long term deal in the position they prefer, to turn around and vent to the media about their former club rather than focus on their new club that has made a major investment speaks volumes. Sheens reaction in contrast shows the level of professionalism to the club, player and opposing club that it deserves.

On Moses, very very positive signs. Personally, i think this will get done minus a last minute change of heart from Parra in terms of pay. The figures getting thrown around are definitely overstated. Deal from the Tigers is around 950k-1.1m under the cap across the years (about 100-200k in TPAs) with Parra under that and the Dogs offering similar/slightly more over the last 2 years. However, its between Parra and the Tigers. Moses has no hard feelings towards the Tigers and is eager to play with Brooks and work with Sheens, Benji and Robbie. Currently in the US, however will inform the club this week on his return.

Bishops news this week was fairly spot on, hence the reluctancy to commit to a timeline for annoucement. With Isaac Moses managing both Bateman and MM the annoucement will be delayed until the club is certain with what is happening with MM and the possibility of MM arriving in 2023. If he was able to be granted an immediate release, the Bateman deal would be slightly restructured to accomodate MM in 2023. This is extremely unlikely, as i personally can't see Parramatta letting him go early and have stated as much to strong arm him into staying.

In other news, To'o will be staying at Penrith and it is also very likely that Crichton will reject a big money offer from the Bulldogs to stay barring further offers/upgraded offers. Burton will be staying at the dogs after rejecting the first two extension offers and will be on 900k+ rising to 1m in the 3rd and 4th years. Personally think this is a good deal for both parties given the rise in the cap and Burtons age/potential. Farnworths manager has been speaking to a few clubs but think he will be at the Dolphins with the money they are offering. Dom Young getting a ton of offers and will be out of Newcastle if they cannot get close to matching.
What did he say?
Only article.i saw was Boozes nothing piece

Says eels have offered him more than $1m a season but has received bigger offers from bulldogs and WT . Then goes on a spill about loyalty
Parra finding out the hard way that if you live by the sword you die by the sword. Who could have predicted that players like Moses and Matterson would turn out to be more into making bank than loyalty to the jersey?

• Haha
Reactions: 851
Should of just got the surgery earlier.
Possibly, but we were short on troops and the medical team would be better placed to know the risks. Players carry on through injury all the time.

Given he is already back training and doesn’t appear to have any strapping suggests to me they made the right call.

Possibly, but we were short on troops and the medical team would be better placed to know the risks. Players carry on through injury all the time.

Given he is already back training and doesn’t appear to have any strapping suggests to me they made the right call.

Fair fall we did come last tho. But get what you mean he still had a pretty good season for himself.

Do you really think this is true?
On quite a few occasions this year, he was a liability right from the kickoff due to his injuries. The poor fella couldn't run. He had to succumb in a few instances, leaving the team a man short. They'd give him a week or two to recuperate and shove him back out there....still injured.
I thought it was quite negligent to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.
Back