Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Apparently he was pretty close with Sheens.

That went well.

He openly admitted on the dt pod how well he gets a long with the parra ceo. So we know where the bias is coming from.

Pretty desperate move from Eels regardless

Reactions: 851
Do you really think this is true?
On quite a few occasions this year, he was a liability right from the kickoff due to his injuries. The poor fella couldn't run. He had to succumb in a few instances, leaving the team a man short. They'd give him a week or two to recuperate and shove him back out there....still injured.
I thought it was quite negligent to be honest.
Did you see the alternatives play? A liability who topped our try scoring and was second in average run meters for the club. The sad reality is even on 1 leg Ken was still far better than any of the other options.

As long as there is no risk of long term damage and the player is happy to battle on then I have no problem. I don’t think any of us are in a position to call it negligent unless you have all the details, which we don’t.

Gotta disagree with you on that one...

I have seen him have a couple of good games though but he is Aaron Woods like - arse runner.

Turns back in the tackles and is mostly ineffective.
RCG is on the decline. He’s still got some good in him compared to Woods but he is slowly declining. As you said earlier Parra are on the decline too with no good juniors coming through. This season and last season was Eels last chance of winning the premiership they won’t be in contention for at least 5 years onwards.

Fair fall we did come last tho. But get what you mean he still had a pretty good season for himself.
I get what you mean there wasn’t much to gain by playing on, and if he missed the whole preseason recovering I’d agree. He was still a lot better than the guys that played when he was out.

Did you see the alternatives play? A liability who topped our try scoring and was second in average run meters for the club. The sad reality is even on 1 leg Ken was still far better than any of the other options.

As long as there is no risk of long term damage and the player is happy to battle on then I have no problem. I don’t think any of us are in a position to call it negligent unless you have all the details, which we don’t.
Irrespective of how he played, I am on record stating he was our second best player this year, there were games he should not have taken to the field for his own welfare and the the fortunes of the team. My opinion remains it was negligent to keep sending him out there towards the end. We'll see how it affects his remaining career.

Irrespective of how he played, I am on record stating he was our second best player this year, there were games he should not have taken to the field for his own welfare and the the fortunes of the team. My opinion remains it was negligent to keep sending him out there towards the end. We'll see how it affects his remaining career.
I remember the game against the roosters he played for a total of 20 minutes & you could clearly see from the kickoff something wasn't right.

Should of just got the surgery earlier.
Maybe the coaches were insisting he play. That really irks me. We constantly hear how blokes inparticular need to open up and talk if they need help, yet how many times do we see blokes who are clearly struggling with injury being told to put the team first and she'll be right.

Maybe the coaches were insisting he play. That really irks me. We constantly hear how blokes inparticular need to open up and talk if they need help, yet how many times do we see blokes who are clearly struggling with injury being told to put the team first and she'll be right.

Yeh odd one considering a few players got told to have the year off.

Our coach at that time was an amateur. In fact he was an amateur for nearly half a season.

$900,000 centre 😥

If MM is getting snared for that AD is zero chance of getting close to that from any club to play in the halves.

A strike centre would be pushing 700k with cap changes, AD doesn't have runs on the board as a strike centre so he would be in for a reality check if the reported 900k is on the mark (which I doubt is the case).

If MM is getting snared for that AD is zero chance of getting close to that from any club to play in the halves.

A strike centre would be pushing 700k with cap changes, AD doesn't have runs on the board as a strike centre so he would be in for a reality check if the reported 900k is on the mark (which I doubt is the case).
Reported 900k : surely that's a joke hey.
I also have my doubts but we will see how this plays out.

Not sure what he thinks his value is though.

Personally, would love to see him stay and make a long career at the Tigers - however he fits, with what's best for the team.

Just on Douehi - friend told me he made a speech at end of year school assembly at his old school last week and also where his little sister now attends. Apparently was beyond impressive - and a very honest account of how he wasnt that good at sport and only got some self belief after encouragement from his then sports teacher. Regardless of what happens with the club in the future and on the footy field, very decent young fella off it.

Reported 900k : surely that's a joke hey.
I also have my doubts but we will see how this plays out.

Not sure what he thinks his value is though.

Personally, would love to see him stay and make a long career at the Tigers - however he fits, with what's best for the team.
Yep I like his general temperament and makes our squad stronger. But he’s not 900k 5/8th either…has he played a good 80 minutes 2 games straight yet?

Yep I like his general temperament and makes our squad stronger. But he’s not 900k 5/8th either…has he played a good 80 minutes 2 games straight yet?
Patchy year this year for him.

Think he's still a prospect that needs time to sharpen his skills and become complete.

Not sure that'll be with this club, based around what we've heard Sheens and recent interest in other players who play in his position such as Moses, Munster and Brown.

I saw some one call him the Lebanese Mbye and although I think he has the potential to be better than Mbye, it seems to becoming true.

I think 6 is his best position but if he's coached and left to develope / settle in ONE position I could see him going far... at centre, 5/8 or as a forward.

I'm a big fan but the team comes first and we'll see what the future holds for him as it unfolds.

Members online

Back