Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hey guys,
I have another update.

This morning Moses and Parra had a meeting and although I dont know what went down, I have been told Moses was insulted and told them in a nice way to get f*cked.

It is now 100% between us and the Dogs. No question.
If this is true, here you're potentially seeing your catalyst for an early release.

History shows he doesn't mind a bit of agitation to get out of a contract.

Hey guys,
I have another update.

This morning Moses and Parra had a meeting and although I dont know what went down, I have been told Moses was insulted and told them in a nice way to get f*cked.

It is now 100% between us and the Dogs. No question.
I hope that MM doesn't speak like that to us.

Just ran into a whole lot of the players at the Majors Bay Rd shops getting their lunch after training. Seemed to be a whole lot of different groups of mostly the young guys. Laurie and Naden together.Joe O and Kenny at another eatery. Stains with some of new young guys Justin Matumua. Stefano ,Tuki. Certainly the place to be around lunch time pre season
Does New Star kebabs have an outlet there, by any chance ?
Asking for a friend.

Ok guys if the toss of the coin doesn't go our way, who should the club invest time into recruiting for the halves for '24 with our bag of cash?

George Williams, Jack Wighton or Dylan Brown OR the best of Laurie/Doeuihi and go all out for RTS or Jack Welsby as fullback.

#ContingencyPlanning

Yep. I'm not expert but that is my understanding.
I think only the 2nd party payments are restricted? Similar to the 1st party's.
I think also it is a blatant breach for the club to offer 3rd party agreements? I could be wrong?

Just ran into a whole lot of the players at the Majors Bay Rd shops getting their lunch after training. Seemed to be a whole lot of different groups of mostly the young guys. Laurie and Naden together.Joe O and Kenny at another eatery. Stains with some of new young guys Justin Matumua. Stefano ,Tuki. Certainly the place to be around lunch time pre season
A cousin also sees a lot of the players grabbing coffees every morning at Majors Bay Road

Mahoney, Kikau, Sutton, Pele, Burton, JAC, TPJ and Moses would struggle to hit $6m max for them.
800k, 850k, 550k, 250k, 1mil, 700k, 900k, 1.2 mil puts them over 6 million for that bunch alone. Half the cap at least on a handful of players.

Reactions: 851
See how GUS does it, 1 by 1 Bulldogs are now releasing players to fit the new players and there will be more
We've been doing the same thing. Released a heap of trash this off season.
Allan being on over 500k though, and they'd still be paying a fair chunk of his salary next season.

Reactions: 851
800k, 850k, 550k, 250k, 1mil, 700k, 900k, 1.2 mil puts them over 6 million for that bunch alone. Half the cap at least on a handful of players.

Sure they might be on those figures with 3rd Party deals but it's not the cap holds.
Bulldogs do have plenty of cash to spend.

That’s our only hope. Although Parra are highly unlikely to do us or anyone else any favours.
Wouldn't be a favour, would be making the best of a bad situation. Keep a player who's fed up with you and risk agitation amongst the playing group or release him early for compensation. A position we've unfortunately found ourselves in too often.

Back