Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This is meaningless. Do they want the player which I assume is Doueihi. Are they willing to pay Doueihi 900k ?

It could happen but why bother even thinking like this. Get him to sign for 24 if possible and then start those negotiations.
Probably not 900 but maybe we contribute some cash to get the deal done

It’s already been quoted about maroney that para offered him 450 for 4 years, Gould offered 650 4 years sign now. He told para who wanted to up there offer, but it was to late, he’d already signed. Quoted several places.
It's Mahoney.

Anyway those things are only true if you already want to leave your employer. Nobody goes to the market with two potential suitors without getting the top offer from both. At least nobody who has any idea what they are doing (esp with NRL managers involved).

You reckon you get a footballer down, tell him 650K x 4 years sign now or it's off the table, he signs out of fear or anxiety, then you think there's no hard feelings the next 4 seasons if he finds out there was a possible better deal at his incumbent or he didn't hear everyone out? Or when he asks for more money after 1-2 seasons because there are better offers.

No, what is entirely more likely is that Parra gave him their best offer, it was too low, he signed with Dogs, then at some other point Parra either found more money, regretted their decision, or the player's value increased, and only then did they try to up their offer. This is what was reported to have happened with IP.

Dogs management would here this then go back and add 50k to thier contract. Fair dinkum keep it in house!
What difference does it make if Lee says he's confident or not? Either Dogs beat the Tigers deal, or are a better proposition, or they are not.

You really reckon word gets back to Bulldogs that Lee H is confident, via some rando at the Fan Day, so then they up their offer?

I can imagine playing cricket and having no idea that im on 99* and Lee yells out 'mate your on 99*, easy single'. Next ball I get bowled. 🤔😂
Why would you have no idea you were on 99? Doesn't say much about you as a cricketer.

I reckon playing next to Burton, and already having a playing relationship with Mahoney would be tempting for Moses. They are short a couple of players but I think we would be very happy to have all of their recent upgrades - and if they get Crichton as well they will there abouts.

Probably not 900 but maybe we contribute some cash to get the deal done

Why would we pay one cent for Doueihi's contract ? Moses would be on more than Doueihi and he is at Parra. If it's for 24 then both their contracts are going to be new contracts.

The point is that Parra would have to agree to swap Moses for Doueihi next season and probably Parra would have to offer him a new and upgraded contract. We wouldn't chuck in for that. Doueihi could decide to leave for the same money he is on now and Parra would gain some space in their cap.

There would be so much to happen for this to occur though.

If we do sign Moses then maybe they can get him a year earlier but Parra didn't give up Stef or IP after we signed them.

Does Parra even want Doueihi ?

Last edited:
I reckon playing next to Burton, and already having a playing relationship with Mahoney would be tempting for Moses. They are short a couple of players but I think we would be very happy to have all of their recent upgrades - and if they get Crichton as well they will there abouts.
Why would that be any different playing next to his childhood friend Brooks, service from Api and his playing relationship with IP?

Why would that be any different playing next to his childhood friend Brooks, service from Api and his playing relationship with IP?
Agree and IMO I think Api is a better hooker than Mahoney..
Hopefully Robbie was in Moses ear everyday at the WC too

He chose to leave his childhood mate once you would have to ask him that question - not everything revolves around Luke Brooks.
Based on what Burton has shown to date I would say any 7 would be tempted to play beside him. Together they would have one the strongest kicking games in the competition aside from their other skills.

Latest posts

Members online

Back