Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I sometimes think these prima donnas called footballers love the drama of dragging out a signing. Sets the social media scene alight, has media hacks second guessing each other and going for one upmanship, has fans arguing amongst themselves and with dropkicks from other forums. Who doesn't love the off season.

1.4 mil a year is way too much and all the spotlight will be on him and not Brooks anymore if he comes. Remember latrell didn't come cause he doesn't want to feel the pressure of being a one mil a year player yet.

Stirrer...
1.4 mil a year is way too much and all the spotlight will be on him and not Brooks anymore if he comes. Remember latrell didn't come cause he doesn't want to feel the pressure of being a one mil a year player yet.
I don't think any player wants that pressure - especially if a TPA can make up the difference in salary and you get to play in stronger squads.

Demographics and supporter base.

The area will yield fewer quality juniors or dedicated fans imo.
Good point never thought of that, though I can't stand Gus Gould but he is the same as Sheens they know how to build pathways and get kids through be interesting to see how they manage it if your right

Just read that dogs are offering Stephen Crichton 1 mill a year to play fullback. If this is true then I cannot see how Moses can be there too on big coin. Maybe they know that they have missed out on him. Also said 1 Sydney based club has offered Nanai 4.2 mill for 5 years, I hope it is us.

I texted my uncle (family friend Italian thing) who used to be chairman of the eels (Balmain boy may get triggered by that mention) …

Asked him where was Mitch was going.

He replied “tigers… who knows… I’m well by the way”.

Fair response seeing though i haven’t messaged him in a year or so.

You might be right, nothing on either the Dogs or the Eels forum. You would expect something would have leaked out if he had put pen to paper
It just doesn’t make sense to me at his age, signing a 3 year deal potentially leaves a lot of money on the table and the risk of coming off contract at 30 if he gets injured he’s worth a lot less.

I hope we have a plan B , mine would be two pommies , Williams and Welby, now if we have offered Moses $1.2 million , I would offer Williams $800,000 and welby $650,000 that’s $1.45 million so for $250,000 we get two players , just my plan B
Be nice, but you would have to pay more plus a ton in transfer fees

Reactions: 851
Just read that dogs are offering Stephen Crichton 1 mill a year to play fullback. If this is true then I cannot see how Moses can be there too on big coin. Maybe they know that they have missed out on him. Also said 1 Sydney based club has offered Nanai 4.2 mill for 5 years, I hope it is us.
The club has done well lately with good solid 1st graders. However, with our strike rate on marquee players we should do a Gus and go after Crichton and anyone else the Dogs are interested in ..just to make the Dogs pay more than what they’d like to.
I don’t care if the media has a crack at the WTs because they have missed out on player X.. at least we are having a crack and putting the pressure on other clubs.

Last edited:
There is a difference between pure speculation by the media and speculation based on what we are giving them.
And you will never know the difference. So my point is - why bother to worry? You will never know for sure if it's a club leak or just media BS. It's probably media BS even if it involves a club leak.

Latest posts

Members online

Back