Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Jumping ahead to 2025, when Benji becomes Head Coach, I note that we already have:-

9 players signed on board:
John Bateman
Jush Feledy
David Klemmer
Justin Matamua
Brent Naden
David Nofoaluma
Joe Ofahengaue
Isaiah Papali'i
Fonua Pole

And 2 players with a Mutual Option:
Apisai Koroisau
Stefano Utoikamanu

And 1 player with a Player Option:
Brandon Tumeth

This is a great base to build upon; I can't wait to see the squad develop.
I've heard so much about Tumeth

Is he going to be that good ...isn't size going to be an issue ??

Not saying we should take him. I certainly do not want him.

Yet we have one 7 and while he isn't injury prone, he has a questionable performance record.

If Brooks is Injured OR if it comes round 5/6 with the same performance we have seen for 6ish years....

Were going to have to made a hard call, our options will be very limited.
Kyle F, Brock Lamb and a host of second tier halfbacks may be the best choices of a bad bunch.
Hopefully we don't need to consider this and can do a swap with Penrith. Do they need Nofo for anything?

I would be much more confident in Laurie or Smith doing a job over any of the 2nd tier halfbacks you mention.

We need to realise its a luxury for a team to have a Jock Madden or Sean O'Sullivan in reserves, and when you do they leave for other opportunities, just like Jock has with Brisbane and O'Sullivan has with the Dophins.

Souths with Hawkins, Roosters with Hutchison have the luxury at the moment, not many other teams do. For me, Laurie and Smith as back half options is very good.

Let's run this back......😂
View attachment 3936
Hey I was watching the games at that time.

NO

Just
NO.

The Brooks + Moses halves pairing was one of the worst this club has had. I only say "one of" because we did not come 16th then. It was bad.

Unless Moses has learned how to play second fiddle, and lets face it Moses is now more 7 then 5/8... This won't work.
Ofcourse Brooks could go 5/8 with moses at Half... Only way I see this working.

We have a great team at the moment. Lets not repeat past mistakes.

NO

Just
NO.

The Brooks + Moses halves pairing was one of the worst this club has had. I only say "one of" because we did not come 16th then. It was bad.

Unless Moses has learned how to play second fiddle, and lets face it Moses is now more 7 then 5/8... This won't work.

Brooks is a 5/8th. Never was a halfback. Embarrassing how coaches try to mould a player that shouldn't be moulded in the first place..eg Shaun Johnson was always a fullback/5/8th runner but was made to organise a team worse decision ever..

NO

Just
NO.

i'm pretty sure that's the plan if we snared him.

Sounds just like our new coach.
Sheens is a student of the game and an innovator. His 2005 style of footy imo is readily adaptable to the game today. In addition, with Marshall, Farah and Funer he has three capable Lieutenants to implement the style of footy he wants to play. What I am pretty sure of is we won't see five hit-ups and the bomb which is Maguire's legacy.

Sheens is a student of the game and an innovator. His 2005 style of footy imo is readily adaptable to the game today. In addition, with Marshall, Farah and Funer he has three capable Lieutenants to implement the style of footy he wants to play. What I am pretty sure of is we won't see five hit-ups and the bomb which is Maguire's legacy.
And 4 of those hit ups were from the back 3...🙂

A little revisionist, 5 hit ups and a bomb started with Taylor and we couldn't shake it from there. Happy to see the back of it.
Madge tried to play his power game (like NZ), but he had powderpuff forwards who were never going to be able to pull it off, and couldn't offload to save their lives - it ended up being Taylorball all over again.
With Api leading the team around we finally have someone who can get us into good field position for the end of sets. Something we were woeful at for the last couple of years.

how about we try the new players first then reassess where the next buy should be. we may not need to buy anymore players. just need to upgrade the performing players

What a stupid explanation.
Well you asked what I would declare a pathetic question.
People are focusing on 2012 for extremely obvious reasons. Reasons you would know if you followed the sport longer than a couple of years.
I explained it clearly to you, without attacking your fundamental lack of knowledge.
Considering your ridiculous response, I am now stating that if you are too dumb or thick to understand it, maybe ask a grownup around you to help. It’s not that complicated.

Last edited:
Back