Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not sure how or why Joffa’s name is even being discussed. Sure, he’s not flashy, but he’s the type of forward that every team needs. We have just built a solid pack, there’s no way he is going.
On the other hand, the entire backline is tradeable (IMO bar Douehi), it is just a shame they don’t offer much trade value.
That's usually the case with players we don't want. If we thought our backline was valuable, we wouldn't want to trade them.

I wouldn’t trade Joffa & Parra wouldn’t ask for him anyway. Parra wouldn’t need if they have RCG/Jnr and Marty.

Joffa is a 60min NRL quality forward he can play multiple forward positions at a pinch. Pole and few others all view him as a leader & he showed he was a true leader in 22 unlike any other forward we had.

Considering the rabble forward pack we had where he had zero help he hit quality form. His best years are coming. Put quality around him and I expect 23/24 are going to be very good years for him.

They need backs and halves. It MM
Goes maybe AD, Nofo, Ken or someone else might be an option.
we now have leaders in the forwards like
papali
Bateman
Klemmer

So the need for a Joffa is not as important as it was in 2022 vs value on salary cap if a club wanted to trade joffa might have some value.

Parra have not once come to the table for us when we signed a player early. Matto/MM they helped get across early via various methods. It’s all been 1 way.

Have no idea why we would help them out to get MM a year early.

Jake & Joffa best years are coming well infront of them.

If Api goes down we are shot at hooker at least Jake despite being youngest hooker in the NRL by 3yrs has games under his belt.

Joe was hands down our best player and forward leader, potential captain material as well who was the first benji carry over signing. He is rated highly at the club and if we want a quality forward pack he stays.

Why shift players out to gain 1 a year early makes little sense given the history of Parra & us.
if we get Moses 2023 we can make the 8 that is why it would be worth a discussion IF parramatta were interested in Joffa

Why is there so much confidence MM is going to sign with us instead of the Eels?

My eels mates feel like he’s def staying there.

Has anyone got anything solid?
I'm with you..
People are starting to sound confident but I have not seen anything solid.
Fingers crossed but I would not be focusing on 23 when 24 is the main part and then work on 23.

Again I will point out unless you are actually in that situation you do not know his state of mind and those attacking his mental health status at the time really do not know what was going on and as far as I am concerned it’s a low blow that has no place online whether you like him or not .

Im stating the obvious how is it a low blow it happened, I like him as a player. I also dont get your statement "again" as far as im aware i have never mentioned his mental health status previous to this.

if we get Moses 2023 we can make the 8 that is why it would be worth a discussion IF parramatta were interested in Joffa

Yesterday you thought $6 to make the 8 was a good investment with the squad without Mitch…..

Lets play it out. If Mitch joined for 23 (let alone at all). He wouldn’t start training for a few weeks at best before season started. It would take at least half a season for the team to gel combinations wise. We would have a totally new spine 9/7/1 let alone new forward pack.

If we make the 8 in 23 it would be a miracle (history is against us already as spooners).
Buying players is very rare that you get instant success it often takes 12-18mths for teams to gel together especially spine players.

Sheens has made it clear he is building for Benji not immediate success. We shouldn’t be doing whatever Parra want to allow Mitch to come early if Benji wants those players to stay here.

Its got Latrell and JAC written all over it .....
Agree Happy. I think it's hard to not get excited given the signing run we've had. But I can't see him leaving Parra.

I hope I'm wrong, but we need to stop getting ahead of ourselves. Hopefully Tim & Co aren't, as over optimism breeds complacency.

Goodish, definitely not Great.
I saw Melbourne concede some tries on his wing that just wouldn't happen there normally.

I am not going to hate on Nofo, he can cross the line and he can score. I haven't seen him botch too many tries either. It's just as a defender he isn't totally onboard.
Though it was definitely an improvement having Olam playing inside him.

Still managed to look a bit stupid once or twice getting caught out of position in defence.

Where has all this; release Offa, trade Doueihi, Nofa stuff come from ?
Douiehi thinks he's a star, as do some on here, but the fact he has not been extended,tells us that the Tigers are not convinced. Noffa has got a politicians retirement handshake, that no club could afford. Offa has been our only constant performer, the rock of the side , and only recently extended, he's going nowhere. Sheens openly said , the backs are next.
Have i missed something ? This all sounds like more BATSHIT.

Yesterday you thought $6 to make the 8 was a good investment with the squad without Mitch…..

Lets play it out. If Mitch joined for 23 (let alone at all). He wouldn’t start training for a few weeks at best before season started. It would take at least half a season for the team to gel combinations wise. We would have a totally new spine 9/7/1 let alone new forward pack.

If we make the 8 in 23 it would be a miracle (history is against us already as spooners).
Buying players is very rare that you get instant success it often takes 12-18mths for teams to gel together especially spine players.

Sheens has made it clear he is building for Benji not immediate success. We shouldn’t be doing whatever Parra want to allow Mitch to come early if Benji wants those players to stay here.
I would normally agree ....but Moses and Brooks have played together ..yeah been a while .. they would have some connections still

so we can gain a good half and release a forward who we have THREE quality forwards coming in Klemmer, Papali and Bateman.
Yes we can do without Joffa if it meant Moses in 2023 as an example

Members online

Back