Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yesterday you thought $6 to make the 8 was a good investment with the squad without Mitch…..

Lets play it out. If Mitch joined for 23 (let alone at all). He wouldn’t start training for a few weeks at best before season started. It would take at least half a season for the team to gel combinations wise. We would have a totally new spine 9/7/1 let alone new forward pack.

If we make the 8 in 23 it would be a miracle (history is against us already as spooners).
Buying players is very rare that you get instant success it often takes 12-18mths for teams to gel together especially spine players.

Sheens has made it clear he is building for Benji not immediate success. We shouldn’t be doing whatever Parra want to allow Mitch to come early if Benji wants those players to stay here.
so we can gain a good half and release a forward who we have THREE quality forwards coming in Klemmer, Papali and Bateman.
Yes we can do without Joffa if it meant Moses in 2023 as an example

I like Joffa he is a good player and all but we have
Props
Klemmer
Stef
Pole

Second rowers
Papali
Bateman

You would get more for Joffa than you would
Blore
Twal
etc

we have young second rowers coming through

If a club would be interested in Joffa it would be a good move price wise that's all.
Joffa will have his best season yet many hands make light lifting he will have help in John Klem Ice and Stefano back Joffa will be on fire 🔥

Why are people bashing Seyfarth he does his best that's all you can ask for some players in the team with more talent don't even do that at least with Seyfarth you know he gives his all and I think he will improve under Sheenius to be an option for a 20 minute stint if we have injuries but I don't think he will play many games in 23 unless there is injuries

Leave the pack alone, it's very good. The backs? Well not so good !
Ad, Brooks, Laurie, Stains, are not signed for next year, for a reason ! The club is not convinced they are good enough, they are basically on trial ! Stains is obviously bought to trial at fullback, and has the speed to play wing and centre, so is the most secure , i imagine. The other 3 are fighting for halves positions, and going by the effort to get Moses, they at least want another half from outside. That would mean ,two of the three , will not be here next year . That's about 1 to 1.5 mil freed up. These decisions may be taken out of Sheens hands, as i have no doubt the managers of all players will be shopping them around at the moment, and anything could happen , just like Hastings.

Last edited:
Wasn't he recently extended, and has a contract till 2025. This does not make sense.
that he was, he wouldnt be the first person to leave a club after being extended
Again purely speculation on Parramatta wanting Joffa but again be realistic they probably don't want Nofo or any of our backs really and they probably do need a forward

Where has this desire to release Joffa come from? He was one of our best last year and definitely (if not our only) player with a bit of grit. He's an origin rep, still relatively young and people want him gone? Plus the calls to resign the most useless player in our squad in Seyfarth? He makes Oliver Clark and Kyle Lovett look like class. Joffa just adds to our quality pack that is on paper, one of the best in the comp.

so we can gain a good half and release a forward who we have THREE quality forwards coming in Klemmer, Papali and Bateman.
Yes we can do without Joffa if it meant Moses in 2023 as an example
This would be a terrible decision, even taking my dislike for Moses out of the equation. You don't trade the guy who just won Player of the Year, has just re-signed, Is known to be both very popular and a leader amongst the playing group, particularly amongst the next generation of young forwards coming through. You could argue that a trade might be a net gain on talent alone bringing a half to the club. But the destabilising effect of trading away a Ofahengaue type player would cripple the season before it begins.
It was a short sighted suggestion to begin with, then somehow got 5 more pages of discussion.

This would be a terrible decision, even taking my dislike for Moses out of the equation. You don't trade the guy who just won Player of the Year, has just re-signed, Is known to be both very popular and a leader amongst the playing group, particularly amongst the next generation of young forwards coming through. You could argue that a trade might be a net gain on talent alone bringing a half to the club. But the destabilising effect of trading away a Ofahengaue type player would cripple the season before it begins.
It was a short sighted suggestion to begin with, then somehow got 5 more pages of discussion.
100% agree.

Where has this desire to release Joffa come from? He was one of our best last year and definitely (if not our only) player with a bit of grit. He's an origin rep, still relatively young and people want him gone? Plus the calls to resign the most useless player in our squad in Seyfarth? He makes Oliver Clark and Kyle Lovett look like class. Joffa just adds to our quality pack that is on paper, one of the best in the comp.
Would have to agree, why would we even consider moving on Joe?,does not make any sense at all.
We need all the experience we can get at the moment, a solid player week in week out, on and off the field by all accounts.
We need to build a competitive team not make it weaker.
It just blows my mind that people would be considering this at all.

Some Muppet wrote in their first post that we should try offload Joffa. Stupidity at it's finest.
Joffa is a limited player. He's probably a bench player for us these days. But he's solid and reliable, and was our player of the year last season. How much the likes of Twal and Joffa play depends on how quickly our youngsters adapt

Last edited:
Some Muppet wrote in their first post that we should try offload Joffa. Stupidity at it's finest.
Joffa is a limited player. He's probably a better player for us these days. But he's solid and reliable, and room our player of the year last season. How much the likes of Twal and Joffa play depends on how quickly our youngsters adapt

They compaired joffa achievements with Seyfarth. Not a bad comparison given both players have done nothing despite joffa internet popularity.

Beats talking about Kyle Flanagan

Would have to agree, why would we even consider moving on Joe?,does not make any sense at all.
We need all the experience we can get at the moment, a solid player week in week out, on and off the field by all accounts.
We need to build a competitive team not make it weaker.
It just blows my mind that people would be considering this at all.
I don't think it is being considered by anyone who actually makes decisions.
Started on here and should finish on here.

Back