Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Whys that? He's got a huge deal coming from someone, why would he be in a hurry?
It will be a huge disruption if this circus drags on into the season. The media will be asking him what he's doing at every press conference, would be worse than the papali'i situation. He'll want to give his team the best shot of winning a premiership, and that won't be with a media circus distracting him and his team

If he does his knee in a trial and misses the year then those offers will still be on the table. Plus I think he has an option with parra for 24. He's got a tonne of time
He might have an option for 24, but a long term injury will diminish whats on offer for 25, 26 and 27 I would guess, and at the moment he has offers of reportedly $1.4 million a year for those years, it's a big gamble to wait around

The Tigers put up a video on their story a few days ago of the team training....

The lads were warning up.
They were doing leg kicks / raises, whatever you want to call them (arm on another players shoulder, swinging their leg )

Everyone visible in the clip, Matamua, Stefano, etc... they were all swinging their legs to hip level.

The camera panned across the team... all players doing an acceptable job.

Then the camera comes to David Nofoaluma.
He was barely raising his feet off the ground.
An obvious lack of effort in this footage.
I would rather see one our young players instead of Noffa on the with.

Likewise man.
I'm a big fan of Jnr Tupou
I wanna see the best two wingers at the club on the wings come game day, but yeah I am a fan of Jr’s and it would be great to see him out play the more experienced Noffa or whoever to get there, coz that would mean he really deserved his spot.

I wanna see the best two wingers at the club on the wings come game day, but yeah I am a fan of Jr’s and it would be great to see him out play the more experienced Noffa or whoever to get there, coz that would mean he really deserved his spot.
Hope Junior does well but I don’t see him playing much unless we got no choice. Unless Nofa does something stupid or injuries and suspension come in, I can’t see him making our 17. Staines may even get first crack at wing over him given his speed, unless Staines is playing Fullback.

The Tigers put up a video on their story a few days ago of the team training....

The lads were warning up.
They were doing leg kicks / raises, whatever you want to call them (arm on another players shoulder, swinging their leg )

Everyone visible in the clip, Matamua, Stefano, etc... they were all swinging their legs to hip level.

The camera panned across the team... all players doing an acceptable job.

Then the camera comes to David Nofoaluma.
He was barely raising his feet off the ground.
An obvious lack of effort in this footage.
Why didn't you mention it then so we could all judge it instead of waiting for the pile on

Hope Junior does well but I don’t see him playing much unless we got no choice. Unless Nofa does something stupid or injuries and suspension come in, I can’t see him making our 17. Staines may even get first crack at wing over him given his speed, unless Staines is playing Fullback.
Yeah I think Noffa and big Ken will be given first crack game one. But as I said I would love to see Jr outplay them to eventually take the spot. And not just Jr but any one of our younger brigade.

Yeah I think Noffa and big Ken will be given first crack game one. But as I said I would love to see Jr outplay them to eventually take the spot. And not just Jr but any one of our younger brigade.
I think he will get some games this year. Injuries and suspensions are bound to happen unfortunately. But I hope that he does well the games he gets to play.

It will be a huge disruption if this circus drags on into the season. The media will be asking him what he's doing at every press conference, would be worse than the papali'i situation. He'll want to give his team the best shot of winning a premiership, and that won't be with a media circus distracting him and his team
No distraction for him though. He doesn't give two roots about his team IMO.

Mamaulo tries hard but lacks the essential ingredient which is pace. I don't view him as a Sheens style winger. We know with Fifita how Sheens deals with loose units so if Nofoaluma is not on his game I'm sure there will be consequences.

Members online

Back