Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well I remember when I was a coach the reserve grade had the same plays and defensive structure as the 1st grade team so if u got called up it was easy to fit in , if that team last night is a reflection of what the 1st grade have been doing god help us

I’m overseas atm so can only see the highlights. Can anyone tell me how our attack minded team that does 200 passes a day scored only 12 points?
It was a bunch of headless chooks running around. No one had any idea what anyone else was doing, a team of individuals. A lot of passes that hit the deck, were behind players or even forwards passes. Our passing was atrocious, Warriors were far more sharp and clinical.

its early doors, but I’d be reluctant to keep Staines on beyond this year given what we saw last night. I hope he improves and develops his game in Cup, but at this stage I give him a month before Bula succeeds him in Cup and potentially the top 30 in 2024.

its early doors, but I’d be reluctant to keep Staines on beyond this year given what we saw last night. I hope he improves and develops his game in Cup, but at this stage I give him a month before Bula succeeds him in Cup and potentially the top 30 in 2024.
Depending on how Bula goes it might not be a bad idea to keep Staines till 2024. Bula some reckon might be best on the Wing and I’m not making that call yet as to whether he’s a Winger or Fullback but have to keep an open mind. Talent is there that’s for sure but unless we can know for sure he’ll be a great Fullback I would at least consider a one year extension.

Last edited:
Agree. I don’t mind getting him in for one year and taking an up close look and then letting him leave if you don’t like what you are seeing or you don’t like the value you get for the price. You limit your downside and are not encumbered by a contract into the future. Could put his money towards RTS, upgrade Bula, etc. But hopefully he goes well and adds a lot to the club this season, and potentially beyond if he earns it.

Depending on how Bula goes it might not be a bad idea to keep Staines till 2024. Bula some reckon might be best on the Wing and I’m not making that call yet as to whether he’s a Winger or Fullback but have to keep an open mind. Talent is there that’s for sure but unless we can know for sure he’ll be a great Fullback I would at least consider a one year extension.
if Sheens believes he's a fullback, I believe him. the kid has come on in leaps and bounds since taking on league full time. imagine what he's going to be like with another preseason under his belt. ultimately hinges on his development this year, but I think there's far more upside there compared to Staines.

Can everyone relax and have a siesta? It was a trial without any of our big name recruits. You think our new forwards aren’t going to perform better than that? Brooksy is safe I’ll tell you. Wakeham is terrible.

So it's a trial, so don't worry about it but also, the trial showed Wakeham is shit and will never play FG.

You guys have to get your story straight. Should we care about the trial or not?

So it's a trial, so don't worry about it but also, the trial showed Wakeham is shit and will never play FG.

You guys have to get your story straight. Should we care about the trial or not?
I think it is fair to say if they played well there would be alot of cudos given to the new coaching team - trial or not - given they have been talking up playing a different style of footy. The reality is, that whatever that is, if your opposition out muscles you and is more effective in all areas of the game you are going to get beat and by plenty.

Can everyone relax and have a siesta? It was a trial without any of our big name recruits. You think our new forwards aren’t going to perform better than that? Brooksy is safe I’ll tell you. Wakeham is terrible.
It's 11:00 in the morning, I'm wide awake.

Back