Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We played Canberra in a trial at Campbelltown in 05, I got home and told my Wife we'd come dead last.......28 weeks later!!!
Last night was irrelevant, next week's trial is irrelevant.
With years of performing badly, rediculous expectations flattened , the fans have developed a pessimistic attitude. Remember 2025 is the target, it was never going to be smooth sailing.
Cheer up, we will get there !

What did anyone expect with a throw together team of flegg, SG ball and cup players, lead around the field by a NSW cup half that has been here two weeks and an ex-Rugby, reserve grade centre playing 5/8th...

It was a chance to see a few individuals on the cusp. If you were looking for combinations, you probably need to adjust your expectations.

What did anyone expect with a throw together team of flegg, SG ball and cup players, lead around the field by a NSW cup half that has been here two weeks and an ex-Rugby, reserve grade centre playing 5/8th...

It was a chance to see a few individuals on the cusp. If you were looking for combinations, you probably need to adjust your expectations.

Better defence?

We played Canberra in a trial at Campbelltown in 05, I got home and told my Wife we'd come dead last.......28 weeks later!!!
I remember that trial too,but i came home happy with the style we played.Just didn't
stick,think we lost by nearly 50. Then started the season ordinary,the Broncos game
for me was the turning point.

Anyway,last night... Defensively meh it's a trail.... Attack wise though,service from DH was
terrible but there is some good sign with offloads and ball promotion.Get some better
lines and some decoys with the top squad. Execution might take a while to gel but i didn't
mind what i saw.Lots of young blokes in a first hit out. We'll go better this year.

I think next week is relevant, to a point.
Just need to see how they stack up,
It will be interesting watching to see if there is any interaction between Madge and coaches/players( before/after the game).
Sticky and Tim are pretty tight, now so they may all catch up for a group hug.

I remember watching us thrash Manly in a trial not long ago and thinking this is the year. We came bottom four and Manly made finals.
I remember a trial where we beat Parra by 40 with Anasta scoring twice.

Latest posts

Back