Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Wow, that's terrible news for fans. Their range is absolutely awful. Material is cheap and uncomfortable, not soft or moisture wicking. The sizes are appalling, i'm suddenly a 3-4XL rather than a standard XL everywhere else. The designs don't look too bad, but they just don't provide anything nice for fans.
Yep bb. Folks should stay in their lane.
Steeden is a name brand of footballs.
Just coz you know your way around balls, don't mean you make a good shirt.
And your laments are the standard 3 against cheaply made Chinese/Indian apparel.
Maybe they buy their stuff through wish ?

In fairness to Lawrence a dislocated hip can be a career ender. Bo Jackson in America was prob the most naturally gifted athlete to play N.F.L. So much so that in the off season he would play in the M.L.B as well. He was amazing. He dislocated his hip and it was over.
It's a serious injury. Plus the facial injury in preseason he copped that changed his face. To come back from that and still play at N.R.L level is remarkable.
Just a shame Chris dislocated his hip, he lost his speed and step, who knows how good he really could have been in the backline if the injury never happened.
Bo Jackson was no Neon Deion Sanders

Not at Football. Bo was the better Baseballer
Reckon Bo was better at both. He was quicker and heavier than Neon but playing running back he got smashed whereas Deion as a receiver did not get hammered as much. Deion lasted a lot longer than Bo because of that.
Both outstanding athletes, though, and I’m not saying you’re wrong. It’s all a matter of opinion.

Reckon Bo was better at both. He was quicker and heavier than Neon but playing running back he got smashed whereas Deion as a receiver did not get hammered as much. Deion lasted a lot longer than Bo because of that.
Both outstanding athletes, though, and I’m not saying you’re wrong. It’s all a matter of opinion.

Agree. Both different positions, also
played a lot at cornerback. Both were
generational athletes that's for sure

Yep bb. Folks should stay in their lane.
Steeden is a name brand of footballs.
Just coz you know your way around balls, don't mean you make a good shirt.
And your laments are the standard 3 against cheaply made Chinese/Indian apparel.
Maybe they buy their stuff through wish ?
I asked Tigers about this. Apparently it's very hard to get deals with big-name manufacturers unless you can guarantee (i.e. take the financial risk to purchase) very big volumes.

NRL clubs just cannot do this. I would prefer they go back to ISC, even xblades were better.

Interesting that the Rorters are looking to get salary cap exemption to cover Angus Crichton illness. Whilst I do not want to make light of his alleged illness nor the possible reason, I do not think this should be an exemption as many sides have injuries that last longer than his proposed 10 weeks and that is why you have a 30 man squad. We had a 28 man squad last year to start (AD and Talau) and went downhill from there, so no exemptions.

Interesting that the Rorters are looking to get salary cap exemption to cover Angus Crichton illness. Whilst I do not want to make light of his alleged illness nor the possible reason, I do not think this should be an exemption as many sides have injuries that last longer than his proposed 10 weeks and that is why you have a 30 man squad. We had a 28 man squad last year to start (AD and Talau) and went downhill from there, so no exemptions.

I agree especially at the start of the year.
If it’s not season ending then it shouldn’t happen before a game has been played.
Panthers with May is a good example of where it should be granted.

I asked Tigers about this. Apparently it's very hard to get deals with big-name manufacturers unless you can guarantee (i.e. take the financial risk to purchase) very big volumes.

NRL clubs just cannot do this. I would prefer they go back to ISC, even xblades were better.
If jerseys weren't $160 each, then all of us would buy em.

It's a rort.

Latest posts

Members online

Back