Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What is going on on here with all the questioning/attacking of a woman who is simply carrying out a role at a football club. Especially the sexual innuendo.
Yes, you are correct TS. I for one , apologise for my earlier comment and hope that at some stage we may find out actually who she is and her actual role.
I guess everyone is questioning everything at present in light of our performances, but doesn’t mean we have to go about it the wrong way.

Yes, you are correct TS. I for one , apologise for my earlier comment and hope that at some stage we may find out actually who she is and her actual role.
I guess everyone is questioning everything at present in light of our performances, but doesn’t mean we have to go about it the wrong way.
True but a joke won't kill anyone either.

We need to build. We aren’t going to get superstars. Kennedy is a NRL quality fullback something that isn’t readily available he would solve a position for us & make an instant difference to us as well.

He actually calls alot of the attacking shifts at the Sharks within the 20-30mtr zones also.

Just to be clear I'm not knocking him. He'd be great for us.

We shouldn’t bother for Kennedy no chance he will leave the Sharks. We won’t land any decent players for 24. The club will be signing their players from Cup to fill in the remaining spots.

If we try for every player like Kennedy we'll get one or two. We are building and we should be able to pick up at least 5 backline players. Maybe one or two will improve us.

I also don't like it when women objective me. I was smoking a ciggie whilst eating a double big mac and I didn't realize my gut was falling out of my pants and a group of young women started whistling at me. I felt dirty.

I also don't like it when women objective me. I was smoking a ciggie whilst eating a double big mac and I didn't realize my gut was falling out of my pants and a group of young women started whistling at me. I felt dirty.
You bad, bad, boy Earl

The critics will live, If I find a woman attractive I'll say it, if the p.c police don't like it let them scroll past my comment. You had nothing to apologise for, you didn't say anything over the top.
Yes, but in retrospect I knew what I was writing.
I referred to her as “Token” which is totally different to calling her “Gorgeous”.
And I know the difference but sent it anyway.
And I shouldn’t have so I have retracted it.
The end.

What is going on on here with all the questioning/attacking of a woman who is simply carrying out a role at a football club. Especially the sexual innuendo.

I agree. Especially cause it’s taking the focus off Dwyer who is the real smoke show in that box.

Yes, but in retrospect I knew what I was writing.
I referred to her as “Token” which is totally different to calling her “Gorgeous”.
And I know the difference but sent it anyway.
And I shouldn’t have so I have retracted it.
The end.
It was a fair question, referring to her as a token is wrong, but asking if she was a token hire because we have 10 analysts at a serial losing club is fair game. No one cops more criticism on here like the blokes do, in a world of equality she's open for criticism aswell.

One thing I will say is Hastings isn't starring at the Knights either - 1 try assist and 1 break assist in 5 games and they have beaten only the bottom 2 sides us and Raiders

Who do we go for, there's no point going for any established half in the NRL they wont come Moses is the example to that. Hynes wont come you can bet your life on it, so we only have a back up half/up and comer or ESL Dodd Williams ect
I wouldnt mind Trindall from the sharks but he's waiting his turn when Moylan gets let go, then you have youngsters like Prezet who seems like he's happy to wait too. Who ever we go to has to be better than what we have on the table right now, thats presuming we get anyone knowing us we probably lock in Brooks again.
Would be interesting to see how Madden went if he stuck around, we've made some shocking recruitment choices for several years.

One thing I will say is Hastings isn't starring at the Knights either - 1 try assist and 1 break assist in 5 games and they have beaten only the bottom 2 sides us and Raiders
Draw with manly showed heaps of improvement. What’s your point?

Reactions: 851
Who do we go for, there's no point going for any established half in the NRL they wont come Moses is the example to that. Hynes wont come you can bet your life on it, so we only have a back up half/up and comer or ESL Dodd Williams ect
I wouldnt mind Trindall from the sharks but he's waiting his turn when Moylan gets let go, then you have youngsters like Prezet who seems like he's happy to wait too. Who ever we go to has to be better than what we have on the table right now, thats presuming we get anyone knowing us we probably lock in Brooks again.
Would be interesting to see how Madden went if he stuck around, we've made some shocking recruitment choices for several years.
Even when Moylan leaves, sharks also have that young star from Penrith’s Jersey Flegg team last year (Paru or something). So they will still have 3 good players into two spots (Hynes, Trindall, Paru). Trindall will be the odd man out imo. Wouldn’t hurt to start sewing the seed.

I watched the Manly game. Hastings was OUTSTANDING. Tore them to pieces. At one point in the second half (just before Manly scored their two late tries) he looked like he was really enjoying himself. Crazy decision to get rid of the guy. Is he a pain in the ass? Sure. But I aint paying him to be Mr. Nice Guy. If Hastings sees players or coaches making consistent bad calls he's going to say something. A professional team facilitates such frank and honest debate. An unprofessional team does not. Which is why he was shown the door.

I’m not a massive fan of Hastings but he did his job against Manly with Gamble off for a chunk at the end. He did botch the field goal setups but that aside he controlled the game well.

He isn’t the creative halfback setup man he has always mainly played the middle traffic cop / distribution role & comes with a reasonable kicking game. Because of that a competent outside play maker can take advantage of it which is a good reason why Gamble is looking like a superstar at times.

Members online

Back