Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Does anyone think it's funny that the Tigers are 3 wins out from 3 place with about 2 Thirds of the season to go anything is possible

Big fans of all of those players. However that spine is probably too inexperienced as a unit.

I suppose Bula will likely have 70 games by the time Large is 19.
Hypothetically if that was the spine
Having them playing together in the lower grades for the couple of years to help build combinations. Hence the interest in an experienced half for a year or 2 till they are ready ?

Reactions: 851
1. Bula
2 nofo
3. Naden / toa
4. Koula
5. tupou
6. Brooks
7. Townsend
9. Api
14. Da Silva

I’m not Brooks biggest fan but I can see the merit in keeping him as a 6 if we can get an experienced 7 like Townsend or Hunt. I think Brooks is a victim of his own circumstances, most teams have a dominant or marquee half at 6 or 7 whereas we have an average half and 5/8. Brooks is on marquee money has been for a while and never delivered marquee performances, if we re sign him as a 6 for a greatly reduced sum I think it works for both parties. Brooks can play the average half capable of decent things sometimes without the pressure of his price tag or being the main man. He never was and never will be a guy who carry’s a team and never should have been on the coin he’s on, that’s hardly his fault though.

I note that Ben Ikin has officially left the Broncos. Do any of our QLD members know if he got the senior QRL position he was after ? I’m assuming he did, or is about to ?
I think he’s had a good impact at the Broncos, maybe trod on a few toes, but sometimes to improve an organisation you have to do that.

I note that Ben Ikin has officially left the Broncos. Do any of our QLD members know if he got the senior QRL position he was after ? I’m assuming he did, or is about to ?
I think he’s had a good impact at the Broncos, maybe trod on a few toes, but sometimes to improve an organisation you have to do that.
Quick google says he has taken up the job with the QRL.

Very ambitious lad, Ikin.

Does anyone think it's funny that the Tigers are 3 wins out from 3 place with about 2 Thirds of the season to go anything is possible
2 or 3 upsets most weeks is keeping us in touch. Even Penrith have lost 4 times…they only lost 8 games in the past 3 years combined.

Although it is a team game, shows you how 1 change in a team can make a difference. Swap Bula for Laurie last couple of weeks and we are likely 0-9. 2-3 more key signings or promotions as well as keeping our current game day attitude, and I think we start to deliver some consistent results.

2-3 more key signings

The problem is now it's onto the stage of diminishing returns unless we pull something out of the hat like Bula.

The pack is pretty good, the outside backs now have some talent and the halves aren't that bad. Ideally we'd get a gun ball playing lock, a gun halfback and a gun outside back. I can't see us getting any of those players.

It'll be interesting how the team develops over the next couple of seasons because we aren't far off being a decent team.

The problem is now it's onto the stage of diminishing returns unless we pull something out of the hat like Bula.

The pack is pretty good, the outside backs now have some talent and the halves aren't that bad. Ideally we'd get a gun ball playing lock, a gun halfback and a gun outside back. I can't see us getting any of those players.

It'll be interesting how the team develops over the next couple of seasons because we aren't far off being a decent team.
We only need a centre and a half back . The rest we have covered and will have kids coming through. Don’t want to use cap we need to keep them . Good times ahead .

I think Saints have a disgruntled gun halfback who may be worth a Benji text.

I think Saints have a disgruntled gun halfback who may be worth a Benji text.

Hunt would be the pick of the available players. It'd be great to get him for a couple of seasons. I'll see what they come up with. I reckon it's going to be tough.

I also think we need more than a halfback like Hunt although that would be good. Pole is great and makes the team even if we get another middle forward but I'd love a lock who can give us a bit of creativity around the ruck as well.

I'm fine with To'a at centre. Very few dumb plays. Plenty of good plays. I don't reckon he would be that expensive plus he covers multiple positions.

We have a gun 13 already but Like Bula he never gets a start

Did someone post yesterday that Sullivan is off contract? If so id be approaching him i think the dragons are in more of a mess than us. He wont be content with coming off the bench and the biproduct of that is Hunt wont like moving to hooker to accommodate him. Id be sounding out Sullivan at the same time putting my feelers out to Hunt, one of them is likely to want to move on if not both depending on what goes on with Hook.
I know Sullivan comes off as a bit of a prat but its evident he has talent and he can kick goals as can Hunt.
Edit just saw Sullivan is still on contract till 25 but that doesnt mean a lot these days one of them i feel will end up leaving more likely Hunt.

Back