Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

As much as we’d all like an answer on Fainu there’s probably a few complications that need to be ironed out including the convo with Marshall (reasonable on both sides), the finances and the potential for the other brother to come over. I’d like to think we’re still in the box seat compared to say Redcliffe given we don’t involve an interstate move, one of his brothers is here and there’s a clearer path to first grade. I’m also yet to see anything solid to support the Dolphins angle and am starting to assume it’s mostly agent talk to get some bargaining power.

Anyway, time will tell I suppose.
The Dolphin signed a young half from Panthers last year, why would they want another young half.

Having zero competition for a halves spot is a terrible selling point for an 18yo!

He’s still learning the game and hasn’t even debuted. The bloke needs a playing mentor more than anything in my opinion.

Locking up a #7 should be Fultons number one priority and it needs to happen yesterday.

Us fans may think that but given the kid’s history & with Benji as coach may view it differently.

Perspective view from the players side is this kid has been a gun playing well above his years & handling each step comfortably - his career & style of play is built on confidence / backing himself.

At Manly he has DCE, Arthur and Brooks infront of him for a while.

At Dolphins he would have Sullivan & Katoa

Here he has zero to compete with and can own it for years to come with ease.

Sometimes us fans get over protective of players look at Bula as an example most said the kid wasn’t up to it yet because of his reggies form and he has been a game changer for us - still raw as anything and he has zero stability or quality experience in the backs around him & is still improving his game.

There’s plenty of evidence that it takes halves up to 100+ NRL games to learn their craft. Usually they peak around 27-28. Andrew Johns says in his book he didn’t understand the game early in his career. If you’re signing an 18yo five-eighth you need to partner him with a guy who has miles on the clock imo. E.g. Prince/Marshall.

Hard to explain the Roosters woes, the Cheese really hasn’t fit.

100% agree. Issue is their isn’t a player available with miles on the clock. The salary cap increase ensured those players got paid and are kept tucked away for a few years.

To be fair the club has gone after a few it’s just the existing clubs can match whatever we offer so why move from stability to instability.

Unless we offer something to a club they want (cash or a player) then we have no chance outside of a reggie or young halfback for the next 1-2yrs. Post this a few of experienced halves come off contract in 18-24mths time.

If we get Fainu it does show an experienced half a clear partner something right now we can’t even offer.

Reactions: 851
There has also been significant change at the club. Manly keep cycling through CEO’s and coaches and now Fulton has left, the vision Manly sold his family is probably different to the club he’s now at.

If this is the reason he’s looking for a change then is Wests Tigers really a great landing spot?

The lure of Wayne Bennett is a concern.
I think the lure of Wayne is decreasing. He is only coaching next year like Sheens

Hi All

I'm new to this Forum and a huge WT fan, just reading through the posts I love the passion shown by the fans on here. I hope we sign Latu Fainu and his brother, apparently the Dolphins are after them too. We urgently need a decent halfback for next year. Hoping we get some positive signing news soon

Hi All

I'm new to this Forum and a huge WT fan, just reading through the posts I love the passion shown by the fans on here. I hope we sign Latu Fainu and his brother, apparently the Dolphins are after them too. We urgently need a decent halfback for next year. Hoping we get some positive signing news soon
Welcome mate, you are on the money with your assessment. There is a lot of passion here mixed in with a heap of disdain for the failings of the club as a whole. This can sometimes taint the posts but there are always a few nuggets that you can pick up along the way.

There are some wise footy heads on here - you will work out how to sift the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Hi All

Welcome to the forum @Tiger_Yoshi, it is good to have you joining.

Enjoy the warm banter, and the great passion we all have here for the Mighty WT !

Enjoy your stay.

First the media bang on the Tigers are stupid for paying Brooks so much because he has never performed and we are paying only on potential.
Now he has left its this.
There is a deadset media agenda against us ever since Marina Go became our chair. Don't get me wrong our board, ceo and inspector gadget don't make it hard for them. But none the less the agenda is plain as day imo.

You... you do realise it’s satire right? It’s like getting mad at a Betoota Advocate article

C'mon Mikey, we know its been a constant issue getting the decision makers in one room to approve, disapprove, or start a fight.
Did I say it wasn't? :)
I don't think taking a week to get a face to face appointment is unreasonable. At least it was my experience in working with other organisations to put something together.

They look pretty 'stoked' to be there with Tartak… Thrilled even…. 🤣

(CrownSportsManagement)

FzsmmgwakAAoHj0
FzsmmgZagAA4JXO

I really don’t understand the hate for NRL360 and Hooper on here. Anything they say about the Tigers gets said by the fans on this forum every day. It’s like it doesn’t matter if it’s true, they’re just not allowed to say it, only we are. It’s bizarre

Latest posts

Back