Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Welcome mate, you are on the money with your assessment. There is a lot of passion here mixed in with a heap of disdain for the failings of the club as a whole. This can sometimes taint the posts but there are always a few nuggets that you can pick up along the way.

There are some wise footy heads on here - you will work out how to sift the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
Thanks Jolls..appreciate your post and insights

Hi All

I'm new to this Forum and a huge WT fan, just reading through the posts I love the passion shown by the fans on here. I hope we sign Latu Fainu and his brother, apparently the Dolphins are after them too. We urgently need a decent halfback for next year. Hoping we get some positive signing news soon
Appreciate the welcome, hopefully I can contribute to the banter and news with the same passion as most of you...Let's get some positive signings now! PS Hope the story about Benji and Fulton are just hyped up lies from the media

I agree but the current bullshit that the media are going on about him been pissed off and wants to leave, it would be a great shut down if the man himself shuts it down as this shit surely does not help with recruitment weather its true or not.
“I love my job as an assistant coach and I’m looking forward to learning more off Tim this year and in 2024 and excited to become the head coach in 2025 and I’m not walking out anywhere,” Marshall said. 
“That’s the end of it!”

- Benji in the Telegraph today

They look pretty 'stoked' to be there with Tartak… Thrilled even…. 🤣

(CrownSportsManagement)

FzsmmgwakAAoHj0
FzsmmgZagAA4JXO
These photos are like when you're at a family dinner and mum has her phone out and takes a semi candid photo of you

Well I disagree. Plenty of young guns stuck behind established players elsewhere. He’s got a legitimate shot at playing NRL this season. Of course that’s a selling point. Mentor? Like someone who’s played at a high level in that same position? If only we had someone like that on our coaching staff…

Fulton can only work with what’s available. This club has come a cropper too often by rushing into stupid decisions in a panic. We’re still in June, plenty of time. Uncle Wayne probably had 4 players this time last year.
He has Api as a mentor for one, Benji as a coach.
His signing would also fast track signing another half, attracted by the thought of playing alongside such a talented young player.
Whether its Trindall, Townsend, Volkmann, Pearce or and English guy, there will be another decent half coming...

He wasn't speaking about us only giving a reason why Manly might sign Brooks over Fainu.
I always forget to include a laughing face when I try to make a joke. ☹️
Brooks is with Tigers= no instant success.
Brooks goes to Manly because they want instant success.
We hand over Brooks therefore we miss out on instant success.
What else does Carryannis know? 🤣

“I love my job as an assistant coach and I’m looking forward to learning more off Tim this year and in 2024 and excited to become the head coach in 2025 and I’m not walking out anywhere,” Marshall said. 
“That’s the end of it!”

- Benji in the Telegraph today

Benji can be an entitled brat at times but I've always loved him and this is why.

Manly have a very different team to us. They have an elite half in DCE, they have a forward pack which can do the job and they have some elite backline talent including Tom who if he is on is close to the best player in the game.

I can see them doing really well over the next couple of seasons if they get lucky with injury especially to Tom.

We also wanted Brooks but wanted him to stay on under market value. This would enable us go get some other players and fill out the squad.

We weren't going to get instant success with Brooks but he could be really good for Manly.

Except the Betoota is meant to be satire, this is supposed to be news.

It may read as satire to some, but ultimately it's not intended to be that way by the writer

Ridiculous. It is intended that way by the writer, he picks a different team every week. Here's one that Raiders fans were blowing up about from a week or so ago: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/c...e/news-story/41b83318d89ce05b264e145d7a1c987a

It literally says at the bottom of all of his articles "Dane Eldridge is a warped cynic yearning for the glory days of rugby league, a time when the sponges were magic and the Mondays were mad. He’s never strapped on a boot in his life, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt."

He doesn't have an "anti Tigers agenda" like you tin foil hat people want to believe, he just tries to be funny about whatever team or NRL issue is flavour of that week. It'll be about some other team next week, and their simpleton fans will blow up about it no doubt.

My bad I'm known to be a bit thick at times

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
As was mentioned by Chad, it is obvious that FOX NRL has an agenda against the Tigers. Hooper is a divisive dirtbag who claims to support the club, which is a joke and the others are parasite journalists.
I assume that most of us on here support Wests Tigers and most of us are less than complimentary about the team and the way the club is run at various times at least.

Not saying Pooper is as nice a guy as I am.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Members online

Back