Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Our wingers and centres both sides of the park are bloody terrible, our wingers are all over the place, but not where they should be.

All the knights had to do was get it to the wing on either side and pretty much it would be a try.
Not defending our wingers and centres as none of them played well tonight, but the first two tries conceded they could not have done much about as they were left stranded by their team mates inside them.

It pretty much is heading for spoon number 2,

On our own in last on 12.

Dragons, this weekends bye takes them to outright 16th us 17th and not much happening towards changing that in 2024, we might be heading for 3 in a row, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Not defending our wingers and centres as none of them played well tonight, but the first two tries conceded they could not have done much about as they were left stranded by their team mates inside them.
Yep, our backs are woeful but the consistent 2 and 3 men overlaps arent simply the result of our backs having no idea, it shows that the middles arent working from the inside.

It pretty much is heading for spoon number 2,

On our own in last on 12.

Dragons, this weekends bye takes them to outright 16th us 17th and not much happening towards changing that in 2024, we might be heading for 3 in a row, but I will keep my fingers crossed.
It’s certain we get our second straight wooden spoon as the Dragons have a bit of speed and class in their halves and in their backline, they will destroy us out wide like nearly every other team has.
Why we didn’t shop for more halves and backs depth weeks ago, I will never know.
Our forwards are decent besides lacking a fast and strong strike back rower and we could do with a more creative attacking back up hooker until Da Silva is ready for constant NRL game time.

Reactions: 851
A couple of outside backs that make good defensive reads are probably more important than strike power out wide at the moment.

Staines isn't terrible, I'd have him on a wing.

Parker, Alamoti, Momerovski (How is Skelton's defence?)- these guys would help stop the flow of points against us. To'a needs to be pushed into winning his position. Too many dumb plays. Tupou survives based solely off talent. Put him outside a good defensive reader & he's probably ok.

Whoever the halves are cannot be liabilities in defence. Will Smith cannot tackle. Kepoua just doesn't get it, and he's better than Nofa. Naden isn't it. Talau is leaving (& probably our best defensive centre)

If Brodie Croft & Fainu, Laurie, Wakeham, Sezar, Clune or whoever are our halves- we need to contain the opposition scores to give them a chance to win.

And we need better field position. We start deep in our half way too often.

Toa has a lot to work with. He just keeps coming up with dumb plays.

Keapoa has physical attributes to be a first grader, but I truly believe he is the dumbest player I have ever seen.
None of Kepaoa, Toa and Talau are first grade standard. All should be released ASAP, but also actually REPLACED!! Wht we have so many rejects in NSW cup is beyond me

Last edited:
Yep, our backs are woeful but the consistent 2 and 3 men overlaps arent simply the result of our backs having no idea, it shows that the middles arent working from the inside.
Yes and know.
Hard to know if it is a defensive style trained into them. But our Wingers are always very compressed. If they stood wider and called for numbers out to them we would have the defence to match the attack.

Back