Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Agree bro.. Samuela didn't take a backward
step but got dumped everytime by a rugged QLD
pack. Sanders & Fainu would be a dream come
true with all our juniors coming up. Faagutu
is an absolute dawg. The kid has got it 100
Samuela looks like another of those that dominated kids with his size. He will get found out playing against the men

Samuela looks like another of those that dominated kids with his size. He will get found out playing against the men
I didn’t see that at all.. I saw a captain trying to lead his Junior rep team by example .. by running hard and not taking a backward step . A guy that played in the halves for a lot of his life and that put some of the skill he has away in order to play the role his team requires .. SMDH 😳

I agree that's fundamentally what it is. I would love to see the latest Left vs Centre vs Right tries conceded stats, because I don't think we've let in many tries up the guts (1 ordinary one last night).

Competing in the middle and making metres down the middle are not our major concern, in fact I think we are on a very good trajectory to compete with most forward packs in the comp with a rotation of Stefano-Api-Klemmer-IP-Bateman-Pole-Blore-Twal... Seyfarth does a job, but I'd want one more decent prop to sub in (that being said, two weeks in a row the injection of Blore and Twal turned our energy around into half-time).

But as soon as the opposition shifts and we get caught out - we won't win another match until that gets fixed. You can't just have the Knights halves running sideways to get the ball out to Ponga, then we panic and the winger scores in the corner. The Knights are not a great side, but they obviously practised their shift play and knew to use it at every possible opportunity, including going back to that play more than once per set, if it didn't work out the first time.

And after leaking several tries down our RHS, Knights shift to our left and I have this thought "oh maybe the LHS will cover this" and nope, they are as brittle as the other edge. The halves cannot defend, the centres and wing both make bad decisions and turn like ocean liners. Watching Dom Young sprint down a sideline and Talau and Tupou look like sloths in comparision - embarrassing.

Also our halves absolutely unable to put anything together in attack, to mount pressure on the opposition. Knights didn't even bother for short kick-offs, they "backed their defence" as the commentators said. Well not really, they simply bet against our impotent attack.

Knights were just waiting for the opportunity to defuse our rubbish kicks and then shift wide as soon as possible. Never in any real doubt.
Take a look at our attack. There's absolutely no structure at all. We never construct those wide sweeping plays from a short blind and we never even attempt a set play from a scrum or tap situation. If we're not practicing structured attack then we're not practicing defending against it in opposed sessions. I was all for giving this coaching setup a decent go but we're not progressing, either offensively or defensively.

Seriously is Sezer any better than Adam Clune? I reckon Clune would move across the ground faster than Sezer and has just as good passing, kicking & defensive game. Be interesting if he tore the Magpies a new one in Cup tonight.
Sezer was garbage in his previous NRL stints. He hasn't improved, just got older

Sheens in his post match comments said Api finished at pivot so that tells you how we were going. Reckon we might find Api at half next week.
Well let’s not forget that API and Wakeham were the Fiji halves in the WC so maybe a reunion.
Think I would have preferred Douehi and Moses - the Cedars connection, but not to be !

Latest posts

Staff online

Back