Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Lol

Let’s be the only club that has a mentor head coach for an assistant coach slash head coach in waiting

And a GM mentor for our GM assistant slash GM in waiting

This club is fckd

Why can’t we just have a great head coach and a great GM

And both of those roles go to the best candidate through a rigorous hiring process rather than Lee and Justin having garlic bread at Grappa and deciding Tim sheens and benji and Robbie would be a great team

Btw my cousin owns Grappa so I told him if Lee and Justin are there again to kick them out before they hire anyone else
Sorry, I’ve got no response to that?
It’s doing my head in, because to me it looks like Buzz has far too much sway at the club.

When we start winning again, hopefully next year, no-one will care if Justin and Lee are CEO and Chairman, or Deadpool and Wolverine are filling those roles.

I think we all (most?) acknowledged at the start of the year that we had better forwards / hoped the halves were good enough (due to the better forwards) / backline required work next off-season. Forwards have been better, but the halves didn't live up to the hopes, backline performed about as expected. Getting competent halves and one or two better backline players and we should finally climb the ladder. Hopefully then, the off-field team disappears into the background and the media concentrates their clickbait writing elsewhere.

When we start winning again, hopefully next year, no-one will care if Justin and Lee are CEO and Chairman, or Deadpool and Wolverine are filling those roles.

I think we all (most?) acknowledged at the start of the year that we had better forwards / hoped the halves were good enough (due to the better forwards) / backline required work next off-season. Forwards have been better, but the halves didn't live up to the hopes, backline performed about as expected. Getting competent halves and one or two better backline players and we should finally climb the ladder. Hopefully then, the off-field team disappears into the background and the media concentrates their clickbait writing elsewhere.
Unfortunately as noted the tigers have better forwards this year, but admin can’t stay in their lane and want to constantly change/tinker with direction, it is just continual disruption without warranted reasons

Adam Pompey resigned by Wahs. Villemi Valiea signed to Cowboys next year.
We keep missing out on these outside backs!

The Roosters signed Lenui and justified it in the media by declaring he was taking JWH's money/spot. Then once enough time passed and everyone forgot, they re-signed JWH.

When they signed Young (who was being offered 500k by the Knights) they justified the signing by declaring he was taking Sua'alii's money/spot. Now they're saying that Sua'ali'i was on 700k and that is what they are offering Best so it's a straight swap.

The Roosters are full of it and try to play the general public for fools. In recent years they're always desperately trying to justify their signings through the media due to the fact that everyone can clearly see what's going on with their clear advantage in spending. It always the 'we may have signed a 1 million dollar player, but we are letting 3 players on 200k go' or 'this player is replacing this player who is leaving' only for that player to be re-signed at a later date. Next, they'll probably use the excuse that they have let Matt Lodge go and have cap space despite bragging a year ago that they signed him for peanuts because he loved the Roosters culture so much!

The Roosters signed Lenui and justified it in the media by declaring he was taking JWH's money/spot. Then once enough time passed and everyone forgot, they re-signed JWH.

When they signed Young (who was being offered 500k by the Knights) they justified the signing by declaring he was taking Sua'alii's money/spot. Now they're saying that Sua'ali'i was on 700k and that is what they are offering Best so it's a straight swap.

The Roosters are full of it and try to play the general public for fools. In recent years they're always desperately trying to justify their signings through the media due to the fact that everyone can clearly see what's going on with their clear advantage in spending. It always the 'we may have signed a 1 million dollar player, but we are letting 3 players on 200k go' or 'this player is replacing this player who is leaving' only for that player to be re-signed at a later date. Next, they'll probably use the excuse that they have let Matt Lodge go and have cap space despite bragging a year ago that they signed him for peanuts because he loved the Roosters culture so much!
True in some cases. They signed him for peanuts because the Warriors were still paying his full wage this year. Next year he isn’t so lucky.
They also planned to keep Lodge on and on a moderate contract as assurance for a retiring JWH. With JWH signed they released Lodge.
They also have Joseph Paulo out the door after 1 season so prehaps that’s whose spot Dom Young is taking. Mind you they apparently promised him a centre spot so if that’s not happening with them chasing Best well good luck to them.
Meanwhile we are cap stacked with long term deals for Naden, Kepoa, To’a.

we are meeting with Jayden Sullivan tomorrow and Brodie Croft apparently off the table
Same article mentions we are still in talks with Sezer and have offered a 12 month deal, though there is a push (presumably from his camp) for a second 12 months.

… oh and the dragons are trying to move on from Z.Musgrove…

Latest posts

Staff online

Back