Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No world beater for sure but a good solid player who can only get better playing alongside guys like Klemmer and Korisau.
Strange to write but he adds x factor to the team. He comes on from the interchange and our attack grows. He puts team mates into space and that desire to make a last ditch tackle or be in position to get the loose ball comes down to intent. Seyfarth is a clever player and we need all that and more in our team.

Good to see Noddy getting some good press after being thrown under the bus last season.
Love Noddy. Took on a poisoned chalice of a job last year and gave it his best shot even though he, and everyone else knew he had no chance of achieving any success. Deserves all the accolades he and his girls are now getting, and will, hopefully keep getting,

Strange to write but he adds x factor to the team. He comes on from the interchange and our attack grows. He puts team mates into space and that desire to make a last ditch tackle or be in position to get the loose ball comes down to intent. Seyfarth is a clever player and we need all that and more in our team.
I think you're right.

What do you think his best position is ?

Personally it's lock for me.

What do you think his best position is ?

Personally it's lock for me.

Definitely. I think he is the best lock we have but Pole and Twal are probably better middles. I don't rate Seyfarth on an edge although he can do it.

We have to sort out our middle forwards. We have a lot of them and we need to get the balance right. I'm glad we let Joe O go and I like him as a player. I think we'll have to lose some more middles as well.

I still say Sam Walker is the stand out 1/2 we should be after , x- factor , goal kicker , him and fainu could be our 1/2s for the next 10 years or so
Is think so too... Cogger out of the equation... Sezer and Sullivan not at his level.
Is walker a free agent?

Last edited:
mark my words... sullivan is going to be another shite signing... Flanno has shifted him onto us... because he knows how to rebuild a roster...

my father turned 80 this year... he loves saying "he who lives in hope, dies in hope"...

Sullivan is another "hope" signing... another guy who has a poor reputation at another club -- but that "we will get the best out of him... because he needs a change, needs a go, we have the best coaches who are similar to him etc etc"...

The guy has a bad attitude to training, a string of hamstring issues, and was unwanted, has played a handful of games and is unproven - yet we have taken him for 3 years? lol. to be our what 6, 7? start as 6 and then move to 7 when Sezer leaves so Fainu can play 6? Can be our #14 if he doesnt work at 6 or 7? So basically like another Douehi or Mbye -- they worked out well. lol.

My cousin is a major sponsor of the dragons -- speaks to the coaches -- goes into the dressing before and after games -- and said everyone is glad to see him leave... Flanno was just bluffing they wouldnt chip in... and now we are getting him lol

mark my words... sullivan is going to be another shite signing... Flanno has shifted him onto us... because he knows how to rebuild a roster...

my father turned 80 this year... he loves saying "he who lives in hope, dies in hope"...

Sullivan is another "hope" signing... another guy who has a poor reputation at another club -- but that "we will get the best out of him... because he needs a change, needs a go, we have the best coaches who are similar to him etc etc"...

The guy has a bad attitude to training, a string of hamstring issues, and was unwanted, has played a handful of games and is unproven - yet we have taken him for 3 years? lol. to be our what 6, 7? start as 6 and then move to 7 when Sezer leaves so Fainu can play 6? Can be our #14 if he doesnt work at 6 or 7? So basically like another Douehi or Mbye -- they worked out well. lol.

My cousin is a major sponsor of the dragons -- speaks to the coaches -- goes into the dressing before and after games -- and said everyone is glad to see him leave... Flanno was just bluffing they wouldnt chip in... and now we are getting him lol
He's a piece of the puzzle... for now.

In 3 years when his contract ends we will hopefully see the likes if Conti, Isdale, Large coming through and Fainu will be more experienced.

All that negativity aside... Sullivan isn't a franchise player but he'll do a job for us. When we played them earlier in the year, he carved us up. He's better than what we currently have & that's the goal - to improve the roster.

He could be 14 with Sezar and Fainu in the halves and he's just impact off the bench, we don't know yet

He's a piece of the puzzle... for now.

In 3 years when his contract ends we will hopefully see the likes if Conti, Isdale, Large coming through and Fainu will be more experienced.

All that negativity aside... Sullivan isn't a franchise player but he'll do a job for us. When we played them earlier in the year, he carved us up. He's better than what we currently have & that's the goal - to improve the roster.

He could be 14 with Sezar and Fainu in the halves and he's just impact off the bench, we don't know yet
i hope you're right...

but again thats hope...

he takes up $500K worth of space and a potential "half" signing we could go for next year ... not an insignificant... plus its a 3 Year deal -- not 2.

if it was 2 - then id say ok - worse case you carry him for a year... but we always take players for that extra year too long IMO

I’m not too concerned. We need depth in the halves. He’s better than what we have. He can take wakeham and Laurie’s spot. There’s a small chance he excels. Fainu may well leapfrog him in firsts anyway and that’s a good problem to have.

I’m not too concerned. We need depth in the halves. He’s better than what we have. He can take wakeham and Laurie’s spot. There’s a small chance he excels. Fainu may well leapfrog him in firsts anyway and that’s a good problem to have.
at least we might score some points lol...

i actually prefer losing when we actually are fun to watch.... right now losing is the worst bc we cant even score...

yeah - youre probably right

I think WT need to look at the success in 2005.

Centres were Shane Elford - who joined WT in 2004 after 69 games at Penrith and Paul Whatuira - who joined WT in 2005 after 73 games at various clubs. Both bought a lot of experience.

WT also rescued the careers of both injury plagued Scott Prince and Pat Richards.

WT only have Toa as a serviceable Centre with plenty of upsides. The rest like Naden can leave. Feledy might be some years off NRL.

Players like Mono (played with WT and in Grand Finals) and Brad Parker (26 years old and 112 NRL games) are experienced and NRL hardened players that we need to play the Elford, Whatuira roles especially with inexperienced full back, wingers and halves.

I am not trying to relive the 2005 season but we really need some more experienced and NRL hardened players who have played at least 50 NRL games and can tackle and pass the ball. I feel our wingers need more serviceable balls.

Last edited:
i hope you're right...

but again thats hope...

he takes up $500K worth of space and a potential "half" signing we could go for next year ... not an insignificant... plus its a 3 Year deal -- not 2.

if it was 2 - then id say ok - worse case you carry him for a year... but we always take players for that extra year too long IMO
This will be a big test for Tim, Benji, coaching staff & player leaders next season because he obviously has the talent & skills. Just needs to build his maturity, concentration, defensive efforts & game management.

I doubt we're taking him at full freight, surely not.

As we already assumed, TDS into the top 30 squad for next season. The next confirmation into top 30 I reckon will be Chris Faagutu.

As we already assumed, TDS into the top 30 squad for next season. The next confirmation into top 30 I reckon will be Chris Faagutu.
I thought Fa'agutu would be a certainty for Top 30 but I'm really not certain with the lack of spots we have in the squad for next year. time will tell I spose.

I think WT need to look at the success in 2005.

Centres were Shane Elford - who joined WT in 2004 after 69 games at Penrith and Paul Whatuira - who joined WT in 2005 after 73 games at various clubs. Both bought a lot of experience.

WT also rescued the careers of both injury plagued Scott Prince and Pat Richards.

WT only have Toa as a serviceable Centre with plenty of upsides. The rest like Naden can leave. Feledy might be some years off NRL.

Players like Mono (played with WT and in Grand Finals) and Brad Parker are experienced and NRL hardened players that we need to play the Elford, Whatuira roles especially with inexperienced full back, wingers and halves.

That is my take.
Us not moving on from 2005 is the reason why the club finds itself in the mess it's in currently.

I tend to agree.

He's a bit of a Daine Laurie. I also don't think he has a position - and we have/had so many players like that.

I just don't see it working out, players like him at clubs like ours is a recipe for disaster.

But we're very, very short for options.

So who's our goal kicker if wakeham isn't in the team next year, if nothing else this year I have loved having a goal kicker with high percentages. Go up by 6s rather than 4s is huge.

I don't think API is the permanent goal kicker is he?

Latest posts

Back