Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

SPOTTED

Melbourne Storm scouts have gone into Wests Tigers’ backyard to pinch highly regarded pathway prop, the 16-year-old Cooper Clarke, to a three-year deal. This is a bad look for the Tigers to be losing elite juniors from the thriving Macarthur junior league.
Its funny how it’s reported. I know 2 players from Penrith who Panthers where desperate to keep but both left. A 20 year old halfback to the Storm and a 19 year old fullback to the Sharks and yet nobody reported it. Both are extremely talented and Panthers not happy about losing them. If that as us Buzz would have it as a full back page spread

Buzz gave the club 4 sprays in his column today:
1.Furner and Farah.
2. The loss of the young bloke to Melbourne.
3. Covering up our betting sponsorship on our jersey when we played in NZ unlike the Knights who replaced theirs with a children’s hospital.
4. A subtle dig at Sheens about not loving Hastings as opposed to McGuire and O’Brien.

Duck the old codger. I am going to give him a spray next time I see him.

Buzz gave the club 4 sprays in his column today:
1.Furner and Farah.
2. The loss of the young bloke to Melbourne.
3. Covering up our betting sponsorship on our jersey when we played in NZ unlike the Knights who replaced theirs with a children’s hospital.
4. A subtle dig at Sheens about not loving Hastings as opposed to McGuire and O’Brien.

Duck the old codger. I am going to give him a spray next time I see him.

I would give Buzz 1 out of 4 which is much higher than his normal rate,he was right about hastings and we can only thank our ex coach Tim for that one.

SPOTTED

Melbourne Storm scouts have gone into Wests Tigers’ backyard to pinch highly regarded pathway prop, the 16-year-old Cooper Clarke, to a three-year deal. This is a bad look for the Tigers to be losing elite juniors from the thriving Macarthur junior league.
Elite? Highly regarded? Bad look? I’m not convinced any of that is true. Elite props are hard to pick at 16. Halves and speed guys on the other hand…

Furner is a thrashing machine and was well regarded as a player in this regard.

Especially if he has the electrical tape
around his head lol. He's got that old man
strength too, I wouldn't want to box him

Elite? Highly regarded? Bad look? I’m not convinced any of that is true. Elite props are hard to pick at 16. Halves and speed guys on the other hand…
Agreed Yoss

So the storm signed a junior in a massive Rugby League nursery against signing from their non existent junior nursery in Victoria.

As Tiger Claws said earlier Penrith lost a few but that happens with strong nursery numbers.

Let’s hope we keep the ones we need.

Omg we lost a 16 year old. Clubs lose juniors all the time, but in our case the world is crumbling in. Who cares. Good old Buzz snorting metho and orange juice again.

Last edited:
Back