Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

hypothetical . Would anyone swap Galvin for Burton ? Galvin for JAC ? If he does want out , what is the level of value we could get . As with large , Fainu and Sullivan he would be really unlikely to play 6 for us I think , even being the best in his age group .
Try 3 or 4.

So real reason Furner is gone…
What's wrong with the f'ing dudes' eyesight that does the captions for the photo for News.com that he can't f'ing see Furner is f'ing wearing a black, gold AND 'white' jacket.
When is Pascoe or Hagipantellis gonna get fair square up these publications for giving our team the wrong f'ing colours?

Reactions: 851
News of GM candidate at WestsTigers……..

“Wests Tigers management are set to recommend Mark O’Neill as the club’s general manager at a board meeting on Monday night.

The Herald can reveal the Tigers have held informal discussions with O’Neill about his interest in returning to the club he once played at.

One of the driving forces behind the push for O’Neill is his former teammate, Benji Marshall. The new head coach has given the Tigers his blessing to lure O’Neill back to the club.”

How the hell do leaks still come out of the joint? Surely at the level it is at, it has to be one of the board.
100% it’s board or a player leaving , Benji needs to set a trap and weed out the Board member leaking stuff , is not hard just set a story up and see who passes shit on , one story per board member , short but nasty one would do the job

“Wests Tigers management are set to recommend Mark O’Neill as the club’s general manager at a board meeting on Monday night.

The Herald can reveal the Tigers have held informal discussions with O’Neill about his interest in returning to the club he once played at.

One of the driving forces behind the push for O’Neill is his former teammate, Benji Marshall. The new head coach has given the Tigers his blessing to lure O’Neill back to the club.”
I’m surprised he is in the running , I thought he was let go for unsavoury reasons , I could be wrong , but memory says we got rid of him

I’m surprised he is in the running , I thought he was let go for unsavoury reasons , I could be wrong , but memory says we got rid of him
Yeah back in 2016 for inappropriate behaviour. It will be interesting what the Board recommend tonight as they reportedly recommended his exit back then (and a few of those Board members remain).

The board recommend him after informal meetings.

What?

Where I am from, there is multiple stakeholder meetings, fit and proper persons checks, competency based testing and references completed before someone is given a GM title.

This board makes a recommendation without an official process?

Christ.

The board recommend him after informal meetings.

What?

Where I am from, there is multiple stakeholder meetings, fit and proper persons checks, competency based testing and references completed before someone is given a GM title.

This board makes a recommendation without an official process?

Christ.

As i have said many times,just about every mistake in our club comes from our BOARD.We can change coaches
players facilities football managers and even CEO's but until the deadwood on the board are gone we will continue to be unsuccesful.

100% it’s board or a player leaving , Benji needs to set a trap and weed out the Board member leaking stuff , is not hard just set a story up and see who passes shit on , one story per board member , short but nasty one would do the job
Marshall is surrounding himself with people he trusts. I think this is a great start as all of them are former WTs.

Farah I believe would be a hard taskmaster, a man you don't take short cuts with on the training paddock or on the field. A great man and team mate to have in a tough situation. Like Marshall a former international whose motivation is to assist the club. Change happens when a new coach is appointed. That is what is happening now. That is the reality of the situation.

Tigers need to be fairly strategic filling the last few roster spots. Definitely require a centre & winger, but need cover at fullback as well.

Staines offers wing/fullback, so he makes sense. Savage from Canberra the same. Ideally the Tigers can snare 2 wing spots & move somebody on because Staines & Savage combined would be an interesting wing combination.

At centre- Momerovski fits on a lot of levels. This could be where Jake Simpkin comes into play. Off contract centres like Hiroti & Hymel Hunt are solid depth options- if we can move on a player or two, I think they add value. Hayze Parhem from the Bulldogs plays a little 5/8 & Fullback, but ended up in the centres for the Dogs. Having a skillful player like that would not hurt- plus he covers a few other options in case of injury.

Back