Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Which tier would you have Dane Gagai?

If we can jag him from the Knights by adding an extra year onto his contract so we have him for 2 years, he will provide invaluable experience & leadership to a young outside back group.

By then the likes of T'oa, Tupou, Feledy, Solo Saukuru, Nav Willett, Roy Quiroz-Mapasua, maybe Triston Reilly, maybe Lachlan Galvin (if he becomes a centre) will be our core.

Maybe we can offer Knights AJ Kepaoa as a centre/backrow utility?!
I mean, my silly scale is all arbitrary BWG, but, if Gagai still has a couple of years left in the legs, he'd still sit in the solid tier. Proven high level performer who has dropped back from his best footy to be a strong, consistent performer.

It would all depend on how his legs feel for mine. Truth be told, I didn't watch a great deal of Newcastle this year, so I'm not completely around his 2023 form, but from what I've seen, that's where I'd put him.

He'd be an upgrade for sure, albeit a small and temporary one.

You would have to say that there really are very few 'Elite" tier centres in the whole league currently. Manu is on a bit of an island, you'd maybe put someone like Val Holmes in there but he really lacked consistency this year.
And you'd have to assume that the lack is centres is directly related to the salary scaling of spine positions and as a result the likes of Latrell Mitchell, Stephen Critchon and Hamiso Fidow taking more money to play FB even if they aren't nearly as effective in that role.
I’d argue ‘the gifted one’ is up there. But needs to be more consistent. Has all the tools of the trade to be the best centre in the game.

I’d argue ‘the gifted one’ is up there. But needs to be more consistent. Has all the tools of the trade to be the best centre in the game.
Zac Lomax? Yeah I agree, got a very deep bag of tricks. He doesn't have the top end speed of the other very good centres, but he easily makes up for it with silky hands, strength and great footwork. Agree consistency is key, but if he played for the chooks he'd have about 50 TA per year.

Reactions: 851
You would have to say that there really are very few 'Elite" tier centres in the whole league currently. Manu is on a bit of an island, you'd maybe put someone like Val Holmes in there but he really lacked consistency this year.
And you'd have to assume that the lack is centres is directly related to the salary scaling of spine positions and as a result the likes of Latrell Mitchell, Stephen Critchon and Hamiso Fidow taking more money to play FB even if they aren't nearly as effective in that role.
I’d argue that Kotoni Staggs is up there with the best. Better than Holmes, imo. Farnworth is getting better each year also.

I reckon Cobbo would make a great centre. Would cost $$$ to drag him away from Brisbane, but he is wasted on the wing there. Won't get a shot at FB there for a while either.
Selwyn apparently is set to move to centre next season. His preference. Not sure moving to the Tigers would entice him to play centre here.

Reactions: 851
Fotuaki resigned long term on the Gold Coast. One Gus had his sights on. Not sure what this means for both clubs, a quick look at Gold Coasts Top 30 for 23/24 they’ve got a fair bulk of their side locked up long term. Foran and Stimson the only options off contact 24.

Latest posts

Members online

Back