Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Read this today online:

"Strategic salary cap management and prioritising their junior pathways have set up both the Panthers and Broncos to have great value in their rosters."

Well, with our club's intentions, we're on the way, starting with our Pathways.

This helps as well - this needs to be fixed but the NRL won't do a thing about it

Reactions: 851
Not sure where centre money falls in teams caps (backline players), but I would expect: halves > fullback > centres > wingers.

We would be one of the few with very little cap allocated to the centre position. We could/should be able to at least make a competitive offer for him (Cobbo) or at least one established GOOD centre, surely?

How can how be close. Only 15. But it's a great start Demps. We will see i guess when when puberty kicks in and all the girls.
If you'd never seen him play, Knew nothing of him....
And I told you there's a 15yr old Kid with a bit of talent who moved from the UK to Australia
to be the best he could possibly be at the sport he wanted to play....
9/10 Coaches would be interested in looking at him on that alone.

His attitude, thirst for the game and to be better are not something I've seen often.
Massive ceiling - And I don't know that he's close yet.
How can how be close. Only 15. But it's a great start Demps. The kid has it. We will see i guess when puberty kicks in and all the girls.

If you'd never seen him play, Knew nothing of him....
And I told you there's a 15yr old Kid with a bit of talent who moved from the UK to Australia
to be the best he could possibly be at the sport he wanted to play....
9/10 Coaches would be interested in looking at him on that alone.

His attitude, thirst for the game and to be better are not something I've seen often.
Massive ceiling - And I don't know that he's close yet.
100% man.

Cracker player and will only get better.
Broncos fans are cut he's leaving.

The replacement names are alright but no where near as good as Herbie.

Broncos have been my favourite team to watch this year and the backline is so strong.

Read this today online:

"Strategic salary cap management and prioritising their junior pathways have set up both the Panthers and Broncos to have great value in their rosters."

Well, with our club's intentions, we're on the way, starting with our Pathways.
This is true. The year the Broncos won the wooden spoon they started the season on fire. A deep dive through their preseason, as a lot of their trial games were streamed online and you saw how much depth and catchment they had to choose from. From memory they recruited an ESL star play from Catalans and he couldn’t get a look in. That year, they ‘lost’ Fifta, retired Boyd and all of a sudden had some of their depth come into the game. I remember a game in 2021 vs Melbourne where they didn’t have their main forward pack available, Carigan was just injured badly two game back, Glen, Lodge and Kennedy were out, Asiata played front row, and young Palasia started in the back town, Hetherington played in his second game and they debuted Robati and it didn’t look like their forward pack missed a beat. Albeit they got soundly beaten but there was something there. And something brewing long term.

So we are starting to catch up, at least in terms of our pathways potential and retention. And seeing that it is following the two best teams in the game at the moment gives me confidence that there will be something brewing and maintainable long term for us, eventually.

The Daily Telegraph reporting that former South Sydney, Parramatta and Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor is set to make a move to the Bulldogs, with Cameron Ciraldo adding to his coaching staff.
The Scarecrow would have been looking for a gig.

North Sydney are one of Melbourne Storm's feeder clubs next year along with Sunshine Coast Falcons and Brisbane Easts/Tigers, so he probably would not have been offered a contract extension at the Bears.

We were always there. Its when it comes to business that things start to get hazy.

This helps as well - this needs to be fixed but the NRL won't do a thing about it
No player in his right mind is going to accept $200.000 less to stay with the club he loves, he only has a career of poss 13 or 14 years maximum, there is nothing definate might only get 8 years or less,
So why would any man with a brain take $200.000 less, but if u look at about 4 or 5
Clubs, it would appear they have teams full of

BRAIN
DEAD PLAYERS.

I still remember him running on SCG in a one day match. Still became Wests Tigers Coach.
The Scarecrow would have been looking for a gig.

North Sydney are one of Melbourne Storm's feeder clubs next year along with Sunshine Coast Falcons and Brisbane Easts/Tigers, so he probably would not have been offered a contract extension at the Bears.
I still remember him running on SCG in a one day match. He didn't play cricket. Just was happy that day. Still became Wests Tigers Coach.

No player in his right mind is going to accept $200.000 less to stay with the club he loves, he only has a career of poss 13 or 14 years maximum, there is nothing definate might only get 8 years or less,
So why would any man with a brain take $200.000 less, but if u look at about 4 or 5
Clubs, it would appear they have teams full of braindead players.
Players or people that run the club and choose them or the other kids?

Latest posts

Members online

Back