Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's as real a rumour as I have ever had given to me,
Seems unlikely anything can stop it so we'll all need to learn to love Luai
Wests Tigers and time spent in the huddle under the goal posts should humble him a touch so I'd say the arrogance will come down several notches
Maybe having Api there doesn’t hurt either. Fingers crossed. Need a big scalp.

Luai has deadset been carried in that team. Owes his career to the Cleary’s. Burton was/is a superior player.

What about Galvin and Large, I would not be chasing Luai

Galvin will probably go the other way and be part of the dynasty, thats how we roll.
Seems inevitable he'll move on at some point with Moses being his manager, Large is still only 15 or 16 so plenty of time for him to dislodge one of the other if he that good.

I think adding him and Suli would really sharpen our backline.

Suli will go well being around his friends and with Benji showing belief in him, he'll be a different player.
We'd probably have to pay 50%. If he is still ambitious & we say he is unlikely to play NRL, who knows!!! We can only hope.
Happy with 50%. Free up a top 30 spot!

Luai has deadset been carried in that team. Owes his career to the Cleary’s. Burton was/is a superior player.
Burton hasn’t done anything in 2 yrs meanwhile Luai has another 2 premiership rings… fairly sure Penrith win percentage without Cleary is higher then without Luai as well. Not saying he is a better player obviously but just shows the impact he can make by getting others fired up and simply he hates to lose

Burton hasn’t done anything in 2 yrs meanwhile Luai has another 2 premiership rings… fairly sure Penrith win percentage without Cleary is higher then without Luai as well. Not saying he is a better player obviously but just shows the impact he can make by getting others fired up and simply he hates to lose
He’ll love it here then.

Hopefully we can & create room to resign Staines. Then recruit a solid hooker on a T&T contract to depth behind Api & TDS. Maybe a Cade Cust or Nathaniel Roache type who Fulton knows all too well.

I think Benji would want to recruit a bench utility too who can relieve Api & cover other positions too while TDS builds reps in Cup. Karl Lawton perhaps??? But again we would need to create another spot.
Sullivan is our utility and backup hooker.

If TDS isn't playing first grade jhe needs to be playing at least 60 mins a week in NSW Cup, we won't get many train and trial type players who'd be happy to only take a handful of minutes but if Lawton was keen that'd be fine.

Sullivan is our utility and backup hooker.

If TDS isn't playing first grade jhe needs to be playing at least 60 mins a week in NSW Cup, we won't get many train and trial type players who'd be happy to only take a handful of minutes but if Lawton was keen that'd be fine.
Big minutes for TDS will be crucial for his development. Api should go 80 most weeks in 2024, so definitely prefer TDS playing NSW Cup instead of minimal bench minutes or 18th man.

How much would we need to chip in? Then how much would the SuperLeague club have to pay? I imagine it would take a significant pay rise for someone to uproot his life and move overseas when the option to remain here on 500K exists.
Considering all this, I dont see a move to Super League for 24 at all likely (but maybe for 25 if he can an extended deal over there).
We'd probably have to pay 200-250k for him to leave. He'd do well in the UK so hopefully he realises this and takes up that option.

What about Galvin and Large, I would not be chasing Luai
I think there is an opportunity to play Large at fullback in 27 would like to hear King Robbie's option on this .............. Bula could be out the door off to the Rooster's

Latest posts

Back