Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Blore’s injuries have definitely hampered his development. In saying that, he has always been an excellent defender but I think it was his timing with ball in hand (hole running etc) that seemed to be a little off. Once he had a sustained run in the field, I thought he started to look threatening and made a number of line breaks.

He is a keeper for mine. It often takes players the best part of a season to find confidence after a major injury like an ACL. Personally, I think we will really regret it if we lose him.
He hits good holes n runs good lines simply our half's have been rubbish watch him shine outside of established half's like Hughes n Munster

How much would we need to chip in? Then how much would the SuperLeague club have to pay? I imagine it would take a significant pay rise for someone to uproot his life and move overseas when the option to remain here on 500K exists.
Considering all this, I dont see a move to Super League for 24 at all likely (but maybe for 25 if he can an extended deal over there).
We'd probably have to pay 50%. If he is still ambitious & we say he is unlikely to play NRL, who knows!!! We can only hope.

Why is everyone so against AD?
I know he’s not brilliant but i like him.
At least see how he comes back from his injury
At his best, he is quality.

I think he will end up In The centres tbh. With our new halves signed, the club is heading in a different organising direction.

Our soon to be highest paid player in the NRL is Luai
.... unless Panthers can lift their offer considerably which seems very unlikely
Durable. Winner. Origin player. We simply have to be in the race when these guys are on the market. Fat chance though…

Maybe I'm over rating Blore but I think he will quicky overtake Utoikamanu and has the potential to become not just the best forward in our team but one of the better forwards in the game.
A Blore - Olam swap would be beneficial for next season, but it still wouldn't get us competing for finals. I don't see the swap possibly being beneficial beyond next season.
Still a chance??

1697430566849.jpeg

I reckon Fulton will be watching the Storm space intently. Too many top 13 quality outside backs, surely something has to give. Unless a club is prepared to take the Olam contract (ends after '26), I think we should go after Nick Meaney or Reimis Smith for a centre spot (as they go on open market on Nov 1). No world beaters but solid, experienced players with speed & good D plus Meaney can goal kick.

Why is everyone so against AD?
I know he’s not brilliant but i like him.
At least see how he comes back from his injury
My issue with Doueihi is that his actions don't match his talk. He talks about wanting to be a leader/captain and how much he loves the club and some the biggest flaws in his game are around defence and effort areas and playing selfish footy in attack.
Then he is hyped in the media/social media as our sides best player based on his highlights real with little consideration to all the shortcomings I his game.
I think he has a decent skill set and there is a quality player in Doueihi if he can learn to be a team first player.

This is good mail if true.

Wait…Have I just been trolled? 😆
It's as real a rumour as I have ever had given to me,
Seems unlikely anything can stop it so we'll all need to learn to love Luai
Wests Tigers and time spent in the huddle under the goal posts should humble him a touch so I'd say the arrogance will come down several notches

Wests Tigers and time spent in the huddle under the goal posts should humble him a touch so I'd say the arrogance will come down several notches
Let's see how long it takes The Mole v Chammas (SMH) x Read/Caryannis (DT) to report this. Winner gets a free lunch with Lee & Justin ;)

Maybe having Api there doesn’t hurt either. Fingers crossed. Need a big scalp.

Back