Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What's the latest news on Luai curly?
All I know is we have an offer which makes him the highest paid player in the NRL
I sense it’s a 4 or 5 year deal
Penrith won’t be able to match it so unless there is another club willing to get to the $1.4m+ territory you’d have to think we are in the box seat
He’s a family man for all his bluster so I like our chances bigly

All I know is we have an offer which makes him the highest paid player in the NRL
Penrith won’t be able to match it so unless there is another club willing to get to the $1.4m+ territory you’d have to think we are in the box seat
That's a lot of money. I think he would be mad to turn it down (think we are a little mad to offer it). All the while being able to keep the Western Sydney community connection not having to relocate. Lots of pro's and con's to that kind of deal.

That's a lot of money. I think he would be mad to turn it down (think we are a little mad to offer it). All the while being able to keep the Western Sydney community connection not having to relocate. Lots of pro's and con's to that kind of deal.
Yep. Will unbalance our cap a lot for a long time. He’s not the best player in the comp.

Crazy money...he is not worth more than Moses, Cleary or Brooks

Would WT be any chance of getting Luai for 2024 or they don't have cap space or the money.

I would prefer to spend that money of Joseph Manu as he can play many position and is a amazing player.

We need a big signing like Luai or Manu to attract decent players going forward.

I hope we hold onto Blore as I think his best is yet to come.

Luai just doesn't make sense after the latu and Sullivan signing.

Luai goes over the top of them and they are signed long term
It's not that difficult to make it work.

Long term -

Latu plays 6.
Luai plays 7.

Api (then TDS) plays 9.

Sullivan plays 14.

Or, Sullivan kills it and pushes Latu for the other halves spot.

But that's just with our current chess pieces, the landscape in 3/4 years is never what it looks like it could be now.

Sullivan/Fainu become surplus if Luai signs. One is proven the others are potential. It would be so opposite to anything this club has been able to do if he was to sign, but given our rubbish results not sure the money would be enough of temptation.

Back