Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@willow said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507250) said:
@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507244) said:
@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507235) said:
Papalili, Blore and Luciano fighting for second row spots….. I like it

What a fantastic signing, definitely best signing of the last decade if you ask me.

Imo let’s continue to target Parra’s obvious cap issues, I think if we can sign Junior Paulo off them we’ve completed our pack…. he would know better than anyone else what were building here with both Stef and Papalili here now.

Stef and Paulo front row pairing would be exceptional

Just to touch on this:

8. Junior Paulo
9. Josh Hodgson (seems likely)
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Shawn Blore
12. Isaiah Papalili
13. Alex Twal

Bench
14. Jacob Liddle
15. Luciano Leilua
16. Tyrone Peachey
17. Joe Ofanguahi

Tuki, Seyfarth, Garner etc waiting as depth

Would be amazing

Almost half of that group are off contract at the end of 2022 and I would expect considerable changes between now and 2023 as we continue to free up funds to chase a big name signing, and promote some of the top juniors coming through.

Out of those boys who would you be happy to walk away from?? Maybe Liddle and we replace him with Simpkins but I’d be pretty upset if we lost anyone else maybe Luciano but I think surrounding him with quality will take him to an even higher level

Papali'i is a very good signing. Depth at one of our weakest positions and on his way up.

Also put Luch on notice.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507206) said:
This is one of the best signings we’ve made in years. Massive

Would just like to get him early avo but we all know it's not going to happen

@djg-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507215) said:
Great news on the signing, lets try get him here in 2022.

As for people assuming Luch is wanting 700K... he's already came out in the media advising that he wants to stay and most likely for a lot less.

Luch is now feeling very nervous. He will have to drastically improve his tackling in 2022 or he is out the door.

@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507259) said:
One major signing and the mood of the forum has changed completely.

Can feel the love in the air!!

What’s does the forum think of signing gutho, he was one of the best fullbacks last year , he would be a great signing I think , sets his backs up well . Would also rub it into those parra ratbags

@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507264) said:
What’s does the forum think of signing gutho, he was one of the best fullbacks last year , he would be a great signing I think , sets his backs up well . Would also rub it into those parra ratbags

Not for the money he wants

If we have signed Papali'i to play in 2023 where does the money for his signing come from, the 2022 Cap or the 2023 Cap?

He is aking for far too much if the reports are accurate.He is a decent player but not at the reported figure

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507267) said:
If we have signed Papali'i to play in 2023 where does the money for his signing come from, the 2022 Cap or the 2023 Cap?

Nope, I think we get good value out of Laurie and he has plenty of room to grow. Not worth dumping an extra half million of cap space into a fullback like Gutho who is good, but not at the level of Trbo, Tedesco etc. Also, he's a whinger and I don't want to have to cheer for him.

What a bloody signing! Very happy with this coming off a great season for the Eels (not to mention was very solid for the Warriors as well). Also, I'm seeing around social media that people are saying we paid overs for him. I wouldn't call 600k overs, seeing as he's most likely the best second rower in the world right now. Anything under 500k for him would be massive unders, so I'm not too fussed about paying him 600k seeing as we pay Brooks and Nofoaluma more than that lol

@al-the-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507275) said:
What a bloody signing! Very happy with this coming off a great season for the Eels (not to mention was very solid for the Warriors as well). Also, I'm seeing around social media that people are saying we paid overs for him. I wouldn't call 600k overs, seeing as he's most likely the best second rower in the world right now. Anything under 500k for him would be massive unders, so I'm not too fussed about paying him 600k seeing as we pay Brooks and Nofoaluma more than that lol

Some reports had us for 850, if that's the case, yeah too much

@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507274) said:
Best Signing we've had in a long time.
Tim Sheens

Agree. Brilliant signing. Well done, Sheens

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507278) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507274) said:
Best Signing we've had in a long time.
Tim Sheens

Agree. Brilliant signing. Well done, Sheens

Took out the trash and got us heading in the right direction. Madge must be loving it

Back