Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@rihannafan1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515246) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515227) said:
@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515226) said:
I don’t mind the forgotten mans mail tbh, we were pretty close with latrell and JAC besides that he seems pretty accurate.

I really hope he’s right and we’ve signed Cotric, he’s a real talent and only 23 - he played origin at 21

Thompson would be great, but 700k is a little too much…. I’d go max around 600-625k if not target someone else maybe even Big Nelson from Melbourne?

We also need to remember we didn't get those signings due to the guys trying to close the deals (clowns) ... I am very confident if Sheen was here at the table like he is now we would of got 1 if not 2 of them.
Anyway he is here now and seems to be making all the right calls so fingers crossed we get Cotric

And he would have gotten Finucane and TPJ too.

Lucky he wasn't eh!

@supercoach said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515018) said:
Rome was not built in a day but under Peter V football you need a game breaker if you are going to compete with the better teams. You only have to look at Manly, without Turbo they come back to the field in a flash. Anyway we don’t have a game breaker, maybe Laurie might get close in a couple of seasons, but at present the cupboard is bare.

I think defensively we have to be stronger than last season, especially if we could land Cotric and Thompson. Still don’t think we are a chance of the eight but of 2023 could be the year things start to happen

I agree with you, but:
Defensively last season even Stevie Wonder could see we were soft.

As for Gamebreakers. That seething quote from Mitchell Latrell "they havent even got their spine sorted out". It still burns. If we want to get the best talent we need our squad sorted out.

I know Sheens will have a plan. It will be weird, different but a long term strategy.
I also know it will be fun.

2sen Michelle Bishop still saying raiders are front runner to get cotric back.

https://sen.lu/3GjQ8tp

@bigsiro said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515228) said:
With all the exciting signing news, does anyone know if we are going to be adding any speed to the backline?

Junior Tupou and Oliver Gildart will both add speed that we didn't have last season.

@annandaletiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515258) said:

Longer it goes tend to agree.

Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.

Discussions are being had about a potential swap/release for Koroisau to join the club immediately in 2022, Liddle is the obvious choice but also depends if Panthers want him. Liddle keen to stay & fight for his spot be sees the writing on the wall.

Cotric is mulling over a last ditch offer from the Raiders as of Sunday night, they've upped how much they will pitch in but the deal only remains a 2 year deal at this stage.
Our offer is over 3 years covering 450k for 2022 & closer to 500k in 2023.
Luke Thompson deal a long way off with his salary just too much at this point in time, Sheens feels he'd be a massive addition but doesn't want to unbalance the salary cap & have too much invested in the front row.

The club is extremely confident of giving fans a Christmas present of a upgraded extension for Stephano taking him till the end of 2025.

If we get Stef I’d be more than happy with our end of year recruitment. He really could become the cornerstone of the club for years to come

@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515261) said:
Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.

Discussions are being had about a potential swap/release for Koroisau to join the club immediately in 2022, Liddle is the obvious choice but also depends if Panthers want him. Liddle keen to stay & fight for his spot be sees the writing on the wall.

Cotric is mulling over a last ditch offer from the Raiders as of Sunday night, they've upped how much they will pitch in but the deal only remains a 2 year deal at this stage.
Luke Thompson deal a long way off with his salary just too much at this point in time, Sheens feels he'd be a massive addition but doesn't want to unbalance the salary cap & have too much invested in the front row.

The club is extremely confident of giving fans a Christmas present of a upgraded extension for Stephano taking him till the end of 2025.

If we get Jackson Ferris does that mean we are not interested in luki or nannai from cowboys

@bigsiro said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515228) said:
With all the exciting signing news, does anyone know if we are going to be adding any speed to the backline?
Cotric would be great but we still lack speed big time I reckon.
Is the potential deal for Simonsson a thing?

We wil get a lot of speed from Gildart, Hopefully if Nofo decides to run straight and away from the sideline we will get speed from him too. Currently our centre defence is quite weak but that is where Cotric will come in, to strengthen our centre defence.

@annandaletiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515258) said:

She doesn’t have a good track record as of late so hard to take anything she says at legitimate

@red88_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515265) said:

If we get Jackson Ferris does that mean we are not interested in luki or nannai from cowboys

I wouldn’t think so I think if we do sign Ferris we would still try for Luki or Nanai

@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515226) said:
I don’t mind the forgotten mans mail tbh, we were pretty close with latrell and JAC besides that he seems pretty accurate.

I really hope he’s right and we’ve signed Cotric, he’s a real talent and only 23 - he played origin at 21

Thompson would be great, but 700k is a little too much…. I’d go max around 600-625k if not target someone else maybe even Big Nelson from Melbourne?

Agreed on Thompson. Depending on what our cap space looks like I think $610K take it or leave it and put a deadline on it for added pressure on them. They won't want to chip in any amount that starts with a 2 purely for the purposes of saving face. If they can get better then good luck to them...

Thanks Pom. How does the club view the loss of Luciano? I think you reported they were upgrading him and confident of keeping him. Is there optimisim of doing a swap for Luki/Nanai and coming out on top in the long run?

Api swap, had to be on the cards when they first signed him. Why would we drop off Hodgson for 22 then accept an upgrade in Api but only for 23? Hopefully Liddle takes the hint.

Is there confidence in Musgrove or Christian M (Newcastle kid) in being able to deliver in firsts if Thompson can't be prised?

Tell them to shop Joffa to the Dolphins for 2023, that will free up the money for Thompson...

The Bulldogs are kidding themselves if they think they will trade Thompson with only 100k added. They signed him for 800k. Not even Haas is that much at the moment.

I'd offer 550k and see if they night. If they don't we will look elsewhere. They won't afford Mahoney if they don't get rid of him though I'd imagine.

Ray Stone to the Dolphins in 2023.

Mail from Bulldogs training is that over the last week, Cotric has been at the Eels, Raiders and Tigers twice for negotiations. He will only be let go by the Dogs to who pays the most freight.

Hopefully we get him.

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515268) said:

I wouldn’t think so I think if we do sign Ferris we would still try for Luki or Nanai

Ferris is tiny - how on earth is he rated as a forward? https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/08/01/post-match-jackson-ferris/

@leichhardttiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515281) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515268) said:

Ferris is tiny - how on earth is he rated as a forward? https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/08/01/post-match-jackson-ferris/

looks pretty big here to me, but he does look tiny in that interview to be fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFqoKrNbwD0

Members online

Back