Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515226) said:
I don’t mind the forgotten mans mail tbh, we were pretty close with latrell and JAC besides that he seems pretty accurate.

I really hope he’s right and we’ve signed Cotric, he’s a real talent and only 23 - he played origin at 21

Thompson would be great, but 700k is a little too much…. I’d go max around 600-625k if not target someone else maybe even Big Nelson from Melbourne?

Agreed on Thompson. Depending on what our cap space looks like I think $610K take it or leave it and put a deadline on it for added pressure on them. They won't want to chip in any amount that starts with a 2 purely for the purposes of saving face. If they can get better then good luck to them...

@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515261) said:
Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.

Discussions are being had about a potential swap/release for Koroisau to join the club immediately in 2022, Liddle is the obvious choice but also depends if Panthers want him. Liddle keen to stay & fight for his spot be sees the writing on the wall.

Cotric is mulling over a last ditch offer from the Raiders as of Sunday night, they've upped how much they will pitch in but the deal only remains a 2 year deal at this stage.
Our offer is over 3 years covering 450k for 2022 & closer to 500k in 2023.
Luke Thompson deal a long way off with his salary just too much at this point in time, Sheens feels he'd be a massive addition but doesn't want to unbalance the salary cap & have too much invested in the front row.

The club is extremely confident of giving fans a Christmas present of a upgraded extension for Stephano taking him till the end of 2025.

Thanks Pom. How does the club view the loss of Luciano? I think you reported they were upgrading him and confident of keeping him. Is there optimisim of doing a swap for Luki/Nanai and coming out on top in the long run?

Api swap, had to be on the cards when they first signed him. Why would we drop off Hodgson for 22 then accept an upgrade in Api but only for 23? Hopefully Liddle takes the hint.

Is there confidence in Musgrove or Christian M (Newcastle kid) in being able to deliver in firsts if Thompson can't be prised?

Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.

Discussions are being had about a potential swap/release for Koroisau to join the club immediately in 2022, Liddle is the obvious choice but also depends if Panthers want him. Liddle keen to stay & fight for his spot be sees the writing on the wall.

Cotric is mulling over a last ditch offer from the Raiders as of Sunday night, they've upped how much they will pitch in but the deal only remains a 2 year deal at this stage.
Luke Thompson deal a long way off with his salary just too much at this point in time, Sheens feels he'd be a massive addition but doesn't want to unbalance the salary cap & have too much invested in the front row.

The club is extremely confident of giving fans a Christmas present of a upgraded extension for Stephano taking him till the end of 2025.

Tell them to shop Joffa to the Dolphins for 2023, that will free up the money for Thompson...

The Bulldogs are kidding themselves if they think they will trade Thompson with only 100k added. They signed him for 800k. Not even Haas is that much at the moment.

I'd offer 550k and see if they night. If they don't we will look elsewhere. They won't afford Mahoney if they don't get rid of him though I'd imagine.

Ray Stone to the Dolphins in 2023.

Mail from Bulldogs training is that over the last week, Cotric has been at the Eels, Raiders and Tigers twice for negotiations. He will only be let go by the Dogs to who pays the most freight.

Hopefully we get him.

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515268) said:
@red88_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515265) said:

If we get Jackson Ferris does that mean we are not interested in luki or nannai from cowboys

I wouldn’t think so I think if we do sign Ferris we would still try for Luki or Nanai

Ferris is tiny - how on earth is he rated as a forward? https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/08/01/post-match-jackson-ferris/

@leichhardttiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515281) said:

If we get Jackson Ferris does that mean we are not interested in luki or nannai from cowboys

I wouldn’t think so I think if we do sign Ferris we would still try for Luki or Nanai

Ferris is tiny - how on earth is he rated as a forward? https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/08/01/post-match-jackson-ferris/

looks pretty big here to me, but he does look tiny in that interview to be fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFqoKrNbwD0

@toptiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515285) said:
Ray Stone signs with the Dolphins.

Two players now. A junior and Ray Stone. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to lure a big name player yet.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515286) said:

Two players now. A junior and Ray Stone. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to lure a big name player yet.

Felise Kaufusi

@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515287) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515286) said:

Felise Kaufusi

Felise is in decline

@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515287) said:

Felise Kaufusi

Ah forgot about him. Thanks

Same mail I had. Nikola has agreed to join us. Just working out the $$$ with the Dogs. Didn’t know about this last ditch attempt by the Raiders though, so that must be the delay

@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515284) said:
@leichhardttiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515281) said:

looks pretty big here to me, but he does look tiny in that interview to be fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFqoKrNbwD0

Looks quick for a back rower and can cover centre at pinch.

given the amount of money Parramatta threw at RCG, I wouldn't be surprised if Junior Paulo ends up there. having two front rowers on $600k+ is enough to throw your cap out of whack for a couple of years.

@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515293) said:

given the amount of money Parramatta threw at RCG, I wouldn't be surprised if Junior Paulo ends up there. having two front rowers on $600k+ is enough to throw your cap out of whack for a couple of years.

I wouldn’t be surprised either but he’s not signed yet and may want to stay in Sydney. Having so many options in QLD now is impacting on them building quickly

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515290) said:

Same mail I had. Nikola has agreed to join us. Just working out the $$$ with the Dogs. Didn’t know about this last ditch attempt by the Raiders though, so that must be the delay

So you’re saying Briton Nikora is coming to the Tigers?

Latest posts

Back