Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515266) said:
@bigsiro said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515228) said:
With all the exciting signing news, does anyone know if we are going to be adding any speed to the backline?
Cotric would be great but we still lack speed big time I reckon.
Is the potential deal for Simonsson a thing?

We wil get a lot of speed from Gildart, Hopefully if Nofo decides to run straight and away from the sideline we will get speed from him too. Currently our centre defence is quite weak but that is where Cotric will come in, to strengthen our centre defence.

From what I’ve heard Gildart is as slow as a wet week .. !!

@tigerskins said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515304) said:
With all the exciting signing news, does anyone know if we are going to be adding any speed to the backline?

We wil get a lot of speed from Gildart, Hopefully if Nofo decides to run straight and away from the sideline we will get speed from him too. Currently our centre defence is quite weak but that is where Cotric will come in, to strengthen our centre defence.

Heard? - You meet a bloke at the pub that's mates with him?
Watch something - He's got a bit of toe.
Size will be his issue, Certainly not speed.

@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515274) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515261) said:
Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.

Discussions are being had about a potential swap/release for Koroisau to join the club immediately in 2022, Liddle is the obvious choice but also depends if Panthers want him. Liddle keen to stay & fight for his spot be sees the writing on the wall.

Cotric is mulling over a last ditch offer from the Raiders as of Sunday night, they've upped how much they will pitch in but the deal only remains a 2 year deal at this stage.
Our offer is over 3 years covering 450k for 2022 & closer to 500k in 2023.
Luke Thompson deal a long way off with his salary just too much at this point in time, Sheens feels he'd be a massive addition but doesn't want to unbalance the salary cap & have too much invested in the front row.

The club is extremely confident of giving fans a Christmas present of a upgraded extension for Stephano taking him till the end of 2025.

Tell them to shop Joffa to the Dolphins for 2023, that will free up the money for Thompson...

Not impressed with Joffre at all.

@wt46 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515303) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515299) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515290) said:
Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.

Discussions are being had about a potential swap/release for Koroisau to join the club immediately in 2022, Liddle is the obvious choice but also depends if Panthers want him. Liddle keen to stay & fight for his spot be sees the writing on the wall.

Cotric is mulling over a last ditch offer from the Raiders as of Sunday night, they've upped how much they will pitch in but the deal only remains a 2 year deal at this stage.
Luke Thompson deal a long way off with his salary just too much at this point in time, Sheens feels he'd be a massive addition but doesn't want to unbalance the salary cap & have too much invested in the front row.

The club is extremely confident of giving fans a Christmas present of a upgraded extension for Stephano taking him till the end of 2025.

Same mail I had. Nikola has agreed to join us. Just working out the $$$ with the Dogs. Didn’t know about this last ditch attempt by the Raiders though, so that must be the delay

So you’re saying Briton Nikora is coming to the Tigers?

Jee was excited for a minute, thought it was nikora aswell..

@THE_POM mentioned him in his last post so that’s who I thought it was too but based off what @Eyeofthetiger-0 said it sounds like we have Cotric

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515263) said:
If we get Stef I’d be more than happy with our end of year recruitment. He really could become the cornerstone of the club for years to come

Yep, Stefano extension is key

From what I've seen when he played for England. He's rapid. He'll be our fastest player. He's not a huge guy though so defensively could be tested

@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515305) said:

Heard? - You meet a bloke at the pub that's mates with him?
Watch something - He's got a bit of toe.
Size will be his issue, Certainly not speed.

Heard from the commentators .while watching the English Superleague .. he hasn’t size or speed .. has bucket loads of injuries though .. !! He’s a tough nut though and tries his guts out. I wish him well in his adventures in the NRL.

Looks quick enough to me, also a very nice pair of hands and some footwork too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUZ_obyLK0&ab_channel=SuperLeague

We need to go for Paulo over Thompson if we are in the market for a front rower.
if we aren’t though I still like Mikaele, I’m hoping this is the year he puts it all together and if reports from some people on the forum are correct he’s worked a lot on his fitness and agility, still have Musgrove around the place too let’s see if he can put a season together.

@tiger913 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515312) said:
We need to go for Paulo over Thompson if we are in the market for a front rower.
if we aren’t though I still like Mikaele, I’m hoping this is the year he puts it all together and if reports from some people on the forum are correct he’s worked a lot on his fitness and agility, still have Musgrove around the place too let’s see if he can put a season together.

I would like to see Mikaele kept for a few more years, a lot of frontrowers don't mature until their mid 20's.

@simonthetigerrrr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515311) said:
Looks quick enough to me, also a very nice pair of hands and some footwork too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUZ_obyLK0&ab_channel=SuperLeague

Good pace, passes the footy really well on the run seems to have good vision for that and decent footwork the bloke has some skill.

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515301) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515300) said:

Same mail I had. Nikola has agreed to join us. Just working out the $$$ with the Dogs. Didn’t know about this last ditch attempt by the Raiders though, so that must be the delay

No, Nikola “nick” Cotric. It’s the wog version of the name Nick. He is of Serbian decent

Ohh my bad so we have got Cotric then?

This guy is going to be our next Curtis Rona!
#onthebus

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515307) said:

@THE_POM mentioned him in his last post so that’s who I thought it was too but based off what @Eyeofthetiger-0 said it sounds like we have Cotric

Would have loved Briton Nikora. But if we are chasing
This Ferris bloke sounds like Nikora is resigning with the sharkies

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515317) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515307) said:

Would have loved Briton Nikora. But if we are chasing
This Ferris bloke sounds like Nikora is resigning with the sharkies

As long as we have Cotric I’ll be happy hopefully your mail is correct about that

@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515314) said:

I would like to see Mikaele kept for a few more years, a lot of frontrowers don't mature until their mid 20's.

Agreed on Paulo. We need that Punch and raiding Parra seems like a great idea with Moses and Gutho getting all their cap.

Forwards do seem to need more time too mature and really get into it. We have recruited often at the end of player careers and it hasnt gone well (Packer, McQueen, matalino etc) and recruited new forwards which has gone better sometimes.

Glad were getting pappaii earlier in his development.

@crazycat said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515316) said:

No, Nikola “nick” Cotric. It’s the wog version of the name Nick. He is of Serbian decent

#onthebus

Rona is still ongoing. Cotric will be sorted this week. Need to do some digging on this Raiders last ditch offer, must be pretty substantial of its delayed it all. Don’t forget the dogs are in control because he is contracted to them

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515320) said:

#onthebus

Rona is still ongoing. Cotric will be sorted this week. Need to do some digging on this Raiders last ditch offer, must be pretty substantial of its delayed it all. Don’t forget the dogs are in control because he is contracted to them

Well hopefully it works in our favour

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515321) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515320) said:

#onthebus

Well hopefully it works in our favour

This won’t linger on. Will be done any day now one way or another

Junior Paulo set to sign with the Bulldogs if they release 2 players. Still thinking that we may get both Cotric and Thompson.

@bradexl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1515324) said:

Junior Paulo set to sign with the Bulldogs if they release 2 players. Still thinking that we may get both Cotric and Thompson.

that would be huge.....depending on what we pay for them obviously....

Back