Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516508) said:
@tigerwould said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516462) said:
@aj1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516456) said:
@tigerwould said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516455) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516429) said:
@tigerwould said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516413) said:
I have a feeling we will sign another Parra player. unsubstantiated Of cause , just feel we might jag another after Papali’i

Oregon Kaufusi thanks

I wrote that last night after many beers.
My info is very dodgy and for all i know it could be just old Papali’ news, as it comes from someone who know FA about NRL at a BBQ.

At my family Xmas party BBQ chat yesterday. My brother is a Parra supporter and a cousin (who is an AFL supporter but does know someone connected to the WTs) He was telling us the Tigers had signed a Parra player.
We (my brother -Parra supporter and I said) “yeah Papali’i.
Unfortunately this guy know FA about NRL. “ said, hmm not sure it that was the name. It was polynesian though. Me and my brother started drilling him. I said “was it Paulo” ect. he wasn’t sure. Said it sounded more Islander than that.
Anyway DT journalist have run articles on less than this., I’m holding out some hope at it was someone other than Papali’i.

Rumour coming from a cousin who doesn't watch league or know the name of the person we've reportedly signed is the reason this thread has cracked 7562 pages. Hope he's right though, suck it Parra

Yeah, dodgy i know. I probably shouldn’t have posted that. The beers and the prospect of jagging another Parra player got me excited. He was talking like it was someone new.

a barman said last week Gallen will play 4 Terrigal next year.he was exited after 2 years of spruiking it up
The barman’s mail is very good!

@vince-farrar said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516509) said:
I have a feeling we will sign another Parra player. unsubstantiated Of cause , just feel we might jag another after Papali’i

Oregon Kaufusi thanks

My info is very dodgy and for all i know it could be just old Papali’ news, as it comes from someone who know FA about NRL at a BBQ.

At my family Xmas party BBQ chat yesterday. My brother is a Parra supporter and a cousin (who is an AFL supporter but does know someone connected to the WTs) He was telling us the Tigers had signed a Parra player.
Unfortunately this guy know FA about NRL. “ said, hmm not sure it that was the name. It was polynesian though. Me and my brother started drilling him. I said “was it Paulo” ect. he wasn’t sure. Said it sounded more Islander than that.
Anyway DT journalist have run articles on less than this., I’m holding out some hope at it was someone other than Papali’i.

Rumour coming from a cousin who doesn't watch league or know the name of the person we've reportedly signed is the reason this thread has cracked 7562 pages. Hope he's right though, suck it Parra

Yeah, dodgy i know. I probably shouldn’t have posted that. The beers and the prospect of jagging another Parra player got me excited. He was talking like it was someone new.

a barman said last week Gallen will play 4 Terrigal next year.he was exited after 2 years of spruiking it up

the barmaid said just ignore him,makes sense in a way,Gallen has bn saying his only 1 or 2 fights away from giving it up.time will tell,you heard it here on WTF

@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516512) said:

Oregon Kaufusi thanks

the barmaid said just ignore him,makes sense in a way,Gallen has bn saying his only 1 or 2 fights away from giving it up.time will tell,you heard it here on WTF

Gallen is best mates with Terrigals 2022 coach.

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516507) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516489) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516488) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516483) said:
@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516482) said:
Think can forget about Thompson coming to the tigers just got some info that the storm have tabled a 3 year deal

Hope he goes there

I don't, he would be scarily good for them.

I would rather he goes anywhere than come here.His lack of self control on the field is going to give him lengthy suspensions in the future and at his overinflated wage would be terrible value for us.The dogs (Gould) can see that he was paid far too much money and are trying to offload him to anybody they can

He's currently on too much money but if you get dogs to chip in enough to make it reasonable he's a good signing.

Dogs would need to pay 400k pa for the length of his contract imo and i doubt if they would be prepared to do that.He is probably the most overpaid player in the game at the moment (worse than M'Bye).I see zero value in him for us

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516494) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516491) said:
Think can forget about Thompson coming to the tigers just got some info that the storm have tabled a 3 year deal

I wonder if this is a sign that they are cutting Nelson loose.

If they are trying for Thompson 100% they are

Can't see Thompson wanting to live in Melbourne but who knows

@vince-farrar said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516513) said:
@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516512) said:

Oregon Kaufusi thanks

Gallen is best mates with Terrigals 2022 coach.

yes .thats what Bman said

@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516515) said:

Hope he goes there

I would rather he goes anywhere than come here.His lack of self control on the field is going to give him lengthy suspensions in the future and at his overinflated wage would be terrible value for us.The dogs (Gould) can see that he was paid far too much money and are trying to offload him to anybody they can

He's currently on too much money but if you get dogs to chip in enough to make it reasonable he's a good signing.

Dogs would need to pay 400k pa for the length of his contract imo and i doubt if they would be prepared to do that.He is probably the most overpaid player in the game at the moment (worse than M'Bye).I see zero value in him for us

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but he's actually a pretty good player. Overpaid but he would be our best or second best front rower quite easily.

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516516) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516494) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516491) said:

I wonder if this is a sign that they are cutting Nelson loose.

If they are trying for Thompson 100% they are

Can't see Thompson wanting to live in Melbourne but who knows

True he might not want to go but if he does he’ll thrive down there

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516519) said:

Hope he goes there

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but he's actually a pretty good player. Overpaid but he would be our best or second best front rower quite easily.

Good player just on WAY!! too much money

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516519) said:

Hope he goes there

The cost factor is far too high,i am not saying he can't play just that he is not worth anywhere near the outlay.The dogs paid far too much for him because they were desperate

Hope he goes there

Thompson is the most overpaid and over rated forward in the comp

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516526) said:

Hope he goes there

Definitely the most overrated on this forum.

I reckon Jordie would go well in league
![Screenshot_20211212-162458_Twitter.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639286915785-screenshot_20211212-162458_twitter.jpg)

@pablox said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516529) said:
![Screenshot_20211212-162458_Twitter.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639286915785-screenshot_20211212-162458_twitter.jpg)

What position would he play?

@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516534) said:

6 or 1

@pablox said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516535) said:
@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516534) said:

6 or 1

Beauden would be better. You instantly become a Top 8 team. I don't think anyone could afford him though....

@tigertownsfs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516548) said:
We play 19 games in NSW next year. Surely we should pick up NAS.

Let NAS get released first. At this stage, nothing has happened

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516526) said:

Hope he goes there

Thompson looked impressive back in ESL but in the NRL he looks soft ... hope nobody picks him up so he clogs up the salary cap at the Dogs .... I’m not a fan of clubs that sign all the best players available then have to shelve players that have already committed to the club

@tigertownsfs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516548) said:
We play 19 games in NSW next year. Surely we should pick up NAS.

If Storm do sign Thompson that’s who I’d be targeting next but Storm will have to release him first

Back