Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516526) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516515) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516507) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516489) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516488) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516483) said:
@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516482) said:
Think can forget about Thompson coming to the tigers just got some info that the storm have tabled a 3 year deal

Hope he goes there

I don't, he would be scarily good for them.

I would rather he goes anywhere than come here.His lack of self control on the field is going to give him lengthy suspensions in the future and at his overinflated wage would be terrible value for us.The dogs (Gould) can see that he was paid far too much money and are trying to offload him to anybody they can

He's currently on too much money but if you get dogs to chip in enough to make it reasonable he's a good signing.

Dogs would need to pay 400k pa for the length of his contract imo and i doubt if they would be prepared to do that.He is probably the most overpaid player in the game at the moment (worse than M'Bye).I see zero value in him for us

Thompson is the most overpaid and over rated forward in the comp

Definitely the most overrated on this forum.

I reckon Jordie would go well in league
![Screenshot_20211212-162458_Twitter.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639286915785-screenshot_20211212-162458_twitter.jpg)

@pablox said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516529) said:
![Screenshot_20211212-162458_Twitter.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639286915785-screenshot_20211212-162458_twitter.jpg)

What position would he play?

@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516534) said:

6 or 1

@pablox said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516535) said:
@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516534) said:

6 or 1

Beauden would be better. You instantly become a Top 8 team. I don't think anyone could afford him though....

@tigertownsfs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516548) said:
We play 19 games in NSW next year. Surely we should pick up NAS.

Let NAS get released first. At this stage, nothing has happened

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516526) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516515) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516507) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516489) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516488) said:
@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516483) said:
@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516482) said:
Think can forget about Thompson coming to the tigers just got some info that the storm have tabled a 3 year deal

Hope he goes there

I don't, he would be scarily good for them.

I would rather he goes anywhere than come here.His lack of self control on the field is going to give him lengthy suspensions in the future and at his overinflated wage would be terrible value for us.The dogs (Gould) can see that he was paid far too much money and are trying to offload him to anybody they can

He's currently on too much money but if you get dogs to chip in enough to make it reasonable he's a good signing.

Dogs would need to pay 400k pa for the length of his contract imo and i doubt if they would be prepared to do that.He is probably the most overpaid player in the game at the moment (worse than M'Bye).I see zero value in him for us

Thompson is the most overpaid and over rated forward in the comp

Thompson looked impressive back in ESL but in the NRL he looks soft ... hope nobody picks him up so he clogs up the salary cap at the Dogs .... I’m not a fan of clubs that sign all the best players available then have to shelve players that have already committed to the club

@tigertownsfs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516548) said:
We play 19 games in NSW next year. Surely we should pick up NAS.

If Storm do sign Thompson that’s who I’d be targeting next but Storm will have to release him first

Don’t think many clubs will be in a rush to sign an anti-vaxxer. Can’t believe it hasn’t been mandated by the NRL.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516557) said:
Don’t think many clubs will be in a rush to sign an anti-vaxxer. Can’t believe it hasn’t been mandated by the NRL.

Most of the NRL players have been vaccinated it was announced the other day that the number of unvaccinated players is now a single digit but whatever the reason it is for them to choose to remain unvaccinated cannot judge them for it but as we know there are consequences of doing so and in this case for NAS he’s most likely out of Melbourne since they have made it mandatory and given that Stef needs a partner for a Prop I won’t be surprised if we do make him an offer

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516558) said:

Most of the NRL players have been vaccinated it was announced the other day that the number of unvaccinated players is now a single digit but whatever the reason it is for them to choose to remain unvaccinated cannot judge them for it but as we know there are consequences of doing so and in this case for NAS he’s most likely out of Melbourne since they have made it mandatory and given that Stef needs a partner for a Prop **I won’t be surprised if we do make him an offer**

I will be.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516559) said:

Most of the NRL players have been vaccinated it was announced the other day that the number of unvaccinated players is now a single digit but whatever the reason it is for them to choose to remain unvaccinated cannot judge them for it but as we know there are consequences of doing so and in this case for NAS he’s most likely out of Melbourne since they have made it mandatory and given that Stef needs a partner for a Prop **I won’t be surprised if we do make him an offer**

I will be.

Most clubs will be crazy to turn down a 6’7 hard running Prop if they choose not to pursue because of his vaccination status that’s their choice and can respect that but doesn’t change the fact he can play and I think we might have a look after all we did sign Api who people are still pissed with because of what happened in Origin camp

I will be.

why? if he plays 19 games for us its worth the money. minimal risk as he's pretty good

@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516561) said:

I will be.

why? if he plays 19 games for us its worth the money. minimal risk as he's pretty good

I agree....we pay for Api, and he makes origin we lose him for 3 games....

They don't have the nuts to mandate it because they know there are 100s of players who could easily go to Union. AFL don't have that issue with a similar code.

I’m all for making a play for NAS if it’s an option. He’d be a great pick up and the landscape will change as the year progresses. As has been pointed out 19 out of 24 games are in Sydney/NSW well worth it.

I will be.

And don't forget that if there are no disruptions to where games are scheduled to be played this season, we also get the benefit of him playing for us in the Finals games right through to the Grand Final.

@ozluke said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516562) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

@barnzee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516567) said:
@ozluke said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516562) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

If Cook is available and in good form than yeah probably not but if he’s not available and neither Api who plays then?

Back