@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517444) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517435) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517432) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517429) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517424) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517420) said:
@tigerlily said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517409) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517394) said:
Junior Paulo's management informed interested parties last night that he's staying at Parramatta.
No formal offer from the Tigers was presented.

So we still might be in with a chance if WTs did indeed make contact with Paulo and his management regarding coming.

No offence TP but your information of late is more miss then hit.

A discussion was had with his management, nothing more, no touring of the facility.
He's staying at the Eels.

Thanks Pom. I believe you 1 billion percent. Some info that an eels player with an islander surname did tour? Could it be Oregon? Ask your source

Can honestly say nothing about this has come across to me, Oregon was actually a target before he last signed with Eels.

If that’s all there was was just a discussion does that mean they are still hoping to land Thompson?

Club want's Thompson but Bulldogs are firm on the amount the are willing to chip in, would assume with there current cap situation they have this figure in mind for a reason but they will only cover at most 150k of his salary at the point in time.

Thanks @THE_POM for the update we do need another Prop to help Stefano upfront hopefully we land one soon

Think an semi-experienced hard runner is what the club needs to replace Tamou for 2023.

A mannequin on the sidelines wearing an oversized jacket could replace Tamou in 2022

Man I was watching 2015 gf Tamou just needs get those quick play the balls happening again hopefully sheens helps capture previous years form wouldn't write him of yet

2015 is nearly seven years ago. Natural slowdown occurs. Tamou is a typical Wests Tigers bad years signing.

Except he's not on massive wages like some of those bad years signings of the past, that's what people are forgetting a bit with Tamou, he's not breaking the bank

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517583) said:
@leichardt61 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517581) said:
The Parra official social media is posting under virtually every post about Paulo re-signing. They are in damage control and they very likely paid overs to Paulo to retain him, now they are doing their best to pump up their own signing. Don't know about you folks but 4 years on at least 700k for a forward is pretty diabolical.

I’d have been fine with that deal for him here. Most would consider it a steal.

I would have loved him here but honestly I can’t remember a player that signed a 5 year contract that did turn to ?.

@bones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517603) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517583) said:
@leichardt61 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517581) said:
The Parra official social media is posting under virtually every post about Paulo re-signing. They are in damage control and they very likely paid overs to Paulo to retain him, now they are doing their best to pump up their own signing. Don't know about you folks but 4 years on at least 700k for a forward is pretty diabolical.

I’d have been fine with that deal for him here. Most would consider it a steal.

I would have loved him here but honestly I can’t remember a player that signed a 5 year contract that did turn to ?.

Let’s hope Stef doesn’t sign that long then.

@blackwhitegold said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517537) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517425) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517401) said:
Junior Paulo's management informed interested parties last night that he's staying at Parramatta.

Any wests tigers Signing news upcoming?

Cowboys & Tigers continued discussions end of last week about Luciano's potential immediate move but Cowboys unwilling to budge on player swaps.
Sheens hopeful Nanai will sign for 2023 & then is would be a formality of those 2 trading places, but Cowboys would need to take all of Luciano's salary for 2022.
Gives the club more money to spend, don't expect this to be resolved till after Christmas.

@THE_POM do you know if Dudley Dotoi is still training with the squad? There was a comment a couple of weeks back that he may have returned or wants to return to NQ. I think having Dotoi here may help with getting Nanai over the line as they are friends from school.

Dudley is training with the North Queensland Cutteers.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517439) said:
This Thompson stuff is more trouble than it is worth.

Yep. I think he might be okay here but why bother with all the drama.

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517453) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517450) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517442) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517423) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517413) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517412) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517407) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517405) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517395) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517391) said:
@tiedye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517378) said:
Missing boys here @cochise @hobbo1 @happy_tiger

Come back dudes.

Don’t forget Willow

Their posting happily together on their own forum now.

Yeah. Just sooks

Dude, it was sook behaviour from posters that got them canned to begin with. Pot meet kettle.

Oh well mate. Don’t like it, go on there forum.

Who are you to tell me where to go? I’ve been here over 11 years, you’ve been here a couple months. Sit down and know your place.

Sit down and know your place? Hahahahahah

You're not better than anyone else because you've been on an Internet forum for a decade. Stop taking it so seriously ?

You can sit down too.

Jokes on you I was already sitting down. Now I'm standing back up!

I just copied your signature. #Demps4Mod.

@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517561) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517533) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517522) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517506) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517488) said:
Boy the quality of this forum has taken a dive since the the last lot of mods were moved on.
If it wasn’t for the occasional visit update from the Pom it would be down to backyard squabbles ….
Good grief even LU WT forum is giving better value commentary.

Off Season bro

Nope!
The standard has slipped considerably.
But if you recon it’s now better, you like it well that’s fine.

Is it new posters that are lowering standards?

Long time posters and effective mods are nowhere to be seen … and the newcomers are well …. Newcomers.
Nothing wrong with that.

Place has improved imo

@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517606) said:

Cowboys & Tigers continued discussions end of last week about Luciano's potential immediate move but Cowboys unwilling to budge on player swaps.
Sheens hopeful Nanai will sign for 2023 & then is would be a formality of those 2 trading places, but Cowboys would need to take all of Luciano's salary for 2022.
Gives the club more money to spend, don't expect this to be resolved till after Christmas.

@THE_POM do you know if Dudley Dotoi is still training with the squad? There was a comment a couple of weeks back that he may have returned or wants to return to NQ. I think having Dotoi here may help with getting Nanai over the line as they are friends from school.

Didn't know he left. Was he that tall indigenous kid who had big wraps on him?
Why did we release him?

@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517614) said:

Why did we release him?

Home sick

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517602) said:
@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517543) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517510) said:
@aj1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517507) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517449) said:

So we still might be in with a chance if WTs did indeed make contact with Paulo and his management regarding coming.

A discussion was had with his management, nothing more, no touring of the facility.

Thanks Pom. I believe you 1 billion percent. Some info that an eels player with an islander surname did tour? Could it be Oregon? Ask your source

Can honestly say nothing about this has come across to me, Oregon was actually a target before he last signed with Eels.

If that’s all there was was just a discussion does that mean they are still hoping to land Thompson?

Club want's Thompson but Bulldogs are firm on the amount the are willing to chip in, would assume with there current cap situation they have this figure in mind for a reason but they will only cover at most 150k of his salary at the point in time.

Thanks @THE_POM for the update we do need another Prop to help Stefano upfront hopefully we land one soon

Think an semi-experienced hard runner is what the club needs to replace Tamou for 2023.

A mannequin on the sidelines wearing an oversized jacket could replace Tamou in 2022

Man I was watching 2015 gf Tamou just needs get those quick play the balls happening again hopefully sheens helps capture previous years form wouldn't write him of yet

2015 is nearly seven years ago. Natural slowdown occurs. Tamou is a typical Wests Tigers bad years signing.

Except he's not on massive wages like some of those bad years signings of the past, that's what people are forgetting a bit with Tamou, he's not breaking the bank

He is currently captain but usually doesn't play for any more than half the match time.

He's not breaking a sweat either

@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517621) said:

Or the opposition defensive line

Zane Musgrove signed till 2024 is he going to come good this year and bend the line or what?
Will Peachey be in the starting line up at lock?

@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517622) said:

He isn't a problem though in relation to the salary cap. So long as he trains hard and does his job whatever grade that is in. The problem is making him captain and therefore a sure pick in the top team. I view him coming into the team when we get injuries/suspensions and doing a great job in that context.

@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517624) said:

He isn't a problem though in relation to the salary cap. So long as he trains hard and does his job whatever grade that is in. The problem is making him captain and therefore a sure pick in the top team. I view him coming into the team when we get injuries/suspensions and doing a great job in that context.

I am not concerned about what he earns but about his lack of impact.He needs to improve to be part of the 17 because what he is contibuting atm he could do just as effectively in reggies

@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517625) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517624) said:

I am not concerned about what he earns but about his lack of impact.He needs to improve to be part of the 17 because what he is contibuting atm he could do just as effectively in reggies

I wouldn't pick him in my top team. Maybe he will have a huge season but I just think we have better options.

@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517615) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517614) said:

Why did we release him?

Home sick

Shame.

Really, that's pretty poor form from the kid. He gets signed on a deal with a pathway to NRL and he gives up after a couple of weeks? That's exceptionally weak unless there was extenuating circumstances with the health of a close family member etc.

Why were we looking to sign someone so fragile? Kid should be embarrassed with his behaviour if he's left already.

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517636) said:

Really, that's pretty poor form from the kid. He gets signed on a deal with a pathway to NRL and he gives up after a couple of weeks? That's exceptionally weak unless there was extenuating circumstances with the health of a close family member etc.

Why were we looking to sign someone so fragile? Kid should be embarrassed with his behaviour if he's left already.

I agree but you know people are just so different, some can and some can't but like you said he was given a chance that other kids would be jealous of... oh well, hopefully he has a change of mind/heart (hope it's not too late if he ever changes) and don't waste this opportunity given to him.. sad really

Huge difference in the game over those six years and similarly between the then approaching 27yo in a male's prime and the now 33yo going around again.

If the game had not changed so much he could probably compete a lot better like the older props could for so many years, but it is lighting fast compared to then with most play the balls being quick.

Would much rather Tamou's dollars were spent on another stuck in a good stable of middles and hopefully the one from Newcastle or another can be our next Tapau.

Latest posts

Back