Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We get hammered. YES.
The game however. I think it's good, I think it is entertaining and I think Players are going to burn out or break down.

I love the WT, but were not the NRL. Except for our munchkins in Laurie and Oliver G (ok and Liddle) we are not made for the current game. Our forward pack is very big, but it's not very mobile. We cannot defend and have not adapted to the change in pace and tactics (unlike Melbourne who have geared their team around the change).

Our current team isn't really suited to the fast restarts and quick movements. Tigers 05 and 2011 would be, Put Richards, Benji, Farah and particularly Liam Fulton and Chris H you would have a team that would be better suited to the current game. Were just Big, lethargic and not adapted to the rule change.

I love the rule change, can totally hear players saying it is too fast and they are physically breaking. I would keep changing and go for 5m back instead of 10m because of this and because of the brain damage.

Interesting take, it's evident they are a poorly coached side.

With Api here next year I take it you don't want Brooks? Or are you just thinking about this year. I'm a bit confused because I said the same things as you until I though about someone's post about Api.
Who knows. I don't see Brooks staying in the halves. He may a decent hooker/utility. Use his left foot straight from the ruck like Robbie did. If he does well it could help make him now attractive for other clubs too.

Who knows. I don't see Brooks staying in the halves. He may a decent hooker/utility. Use his left foot straight from the ruck like Robbie did. If he does well it could help make him now attractive for other clubs too.
That's what I said in that post of mine I was telling you about.
However, if Brooks doesn't move on which is the feeling I'm getting, then having him as utility on his sort of money would make the members burn down the grandstands.
I did say earlier that having an unchanged team for a few weeks may be stabilising. Interesting to see another trial of Hastings lock, Brooks ½, AD ⅝ would save Brooks, other combos involving madden as well

Sorry I didn’t understand the 3 games part of your comment. We lost last 3 games of last season first 4 this season haven’t made finals in 10 going on 11 years no stomach for what exactly. Are you saying we are doing ok and should not change anything
I'm not saying that, but I also don't think Daine Laurie should be the whipping boy for the record above either and that's what it has become round here the past few days.

If we're going to be a development club and want to benefit from that, we're going to need to suck it up for a few more years unfortunately.

I'm not saying that, but I also don't think Daine Laurie should be the whipping boy for the record above either and that's what it has become round here the past few days.

If we're going to be a development club and want to benefit from that, we're going to need to suck it up for a few more years unfortunately.
As you know over the years there have been any number of whipping boys for our continued poor form. Right or wrong supporters will tend to vent on one particular player.As for being a developmental club let’s just hope we can hold onto them and not lose them as we have in the past otherwise not much point in being a development club

However, if Brooks doesn't move on which is the feeling I'm getting, then having him as utility on his sort of money would make the members burn down the grandstands.
I did say earlier that having an unchanged team for a few weeks may be stabilising. Interesting to see another trial of Hastings lock, Brooks ½, AD ⅝ would save Brooks, other combos involving madden as well
I've supported Brookes for years but he's the only thing left that hasn't been changed. No 9 or the highway for me now - rightly or wrongly we need change.

Personally i would like to see Douehi and Madden as the halves, Hastings to lock, Simpkins or Liddle to DH ( but one of them really needs to step up) Brooks to 14. Peachey to reggies ( he has too many errors and too many penalties to be playing FG)

I've supported Brookes for years but he's the only thing left that hasn't been changed. No 9 or the highway for me now - rightly or wrongly we need cha

I see today a Nursing Home at Kogarah had to be evacuated over night due to the floods

I hope the St George training facility will be back to normal soon
I heard our recruitment guys made a special trip out to that nursing home this morning, I would expect a signing announcement soon.

Staines looked very good on the end of that backline v Souths. He has just taken a little longer to settle in but with that pace he is a very dangerous winger. He has the ingredient we lack so much of.
Agreed. He is a lot more aggressive in attack and defence than he was last year and is looking for involvement. Lets see how long it lasts.

Agreed. He is a lot more aggressive in attack and defence than he was last year and is looking for involvement. Lets see how long it lasts.
How can you consider someone like Stains when we have To'a, we don't even know yet if he's a gun or not because he can't get a gig atm.

I am sure that To'a will find a first grade spot very soon.
Injuries will hit sooner or later. He was a depth player at Newcastle and it felt like a depth signing when we signed him. And nothing has changed my mind considering he came in for Ken the other week and dropped out of the side once Ken came back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fall further down the pecking order once AD, Tommy and AJ are fit.

Back