Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Another failed target. I don’t have much confidence signing Angus, he will use us as a pawn to getter a big contract elsewhere. Happy with Dykes I think he will become our fullback for years to come!!

Another failed target. I don’t have much confidence signing Angus, he will use us as a pawn to getter a big contract elsewhere. Happy with Dykes I think he will become our fullback for years to come!!
Is Dykes even confirmed yet ? Until an announcement is done we seem to be there for players to up there price. By the sounds of it he would be a great pickup if true

Hahaha.... man.

Esan came from East's?

I watched Jack LJ come through and he was a gun, at east's and Manly.

Was a cup player with us.
Yeah - Esan got punted after Ball and we picked him up for 20's from memory....
JLJ was a big body... Dunno if he was Hungry enough - He had it in the early days.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I don’t see any rush to go and spend on wingers. When we have Nofo and Maumalo fit they are good enough. Until we have some decent centres, anther good 2nd rower and a consistent threat at fullback, wingers aren’t going to change diddly. Look at the Dogs if you need proof.

I sort of agree but I'm getting getting less concerned about our centres as well. To'a and Kepaoa are starting to look good.

We need an edge back rower. Crichton would be great but we don't want to get our cap smashed. I can imagine Crichton and Papalli on either edge though.

The big upgrade position to me is fullback. If we could somehow get a quality fullback we'd be a lot better.

I like Staines as a signing though. Like To'a he could play fullback. He is quick and may force his way into our team. It does depend on dollars.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I don’t see any rush to go and spend on wingers. When we have Nofo and Maumalo fit they are good enough. Until we have some decent centres, anther good 2nd rower and a consistent threat at fullback, wingers aren’t going to change diddly. Look at the Dogs if you need proof.
Oh yeah, JAC the nick meaney at the Bulldogs, nick meaney the JAC at the storm, bwahahaaa hahahaaa

Yep but no good to Tigers if not playing well.
I remember a game when he played with SBW, it was a highly anticipated return to the NRL game, SBW went out and threw himself at everything and got all the accolades whilst it was Crichton who was in everything, a non stop machine.
At one point SBW was absolutely gassed and Crichton as he was running passed, stopped and picked him up and ushered for him to go with him. As SBW gingerly got back into line Crichton pulled off two consecutive big hits. Leader with energy and steel. He and Papa next year, wow!
Dreamer, silly little dreamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a game when he played with SBW, it was a highly anticipated game, SBW went out and threw himself at everything and got all the accolades whilst it was Crichton who was in everything, a non stop machine.
At one point SBW was absolutely gassed and Crichton as he was running passed, stopped and picked him up and ushered for him to go with him. As SBW gingerly got back into line Crichton pulled off two consecutive big hits. Leader with energy and steel. He and Papa next year, wow!
Dreamer, silly little dreamer.

Now i will have Supertramp echoing in my head all night.I saw them 3 times in concert

Back