Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Way I see it. If we pay say $500k to another club. For Brooks.we would then lose the long player discount. Which in effect would would cost the club about $600-$700k in salary cap. To then purchase a half that would truly make a difference behind our rubbish pack we would need to fork out another $1.2 - $1.5m. Then we truly be the great ever bunch of morons ever. Me on the other hand would rather invest all that in a pack of mongrels up front. Dominate and bash our opponents. The backs no matter how mediocre they are, will benefit. The wins would come. Until this happens, all I can see if a bottom 3 club! Stop buying rubbish for the sake of it! Been happening for a long time. We have 2 players coming next year who will make a difference. Just need a another couple or 4 to help these guys upfront. Rest is a waste of $. It’s not that hard. Another problem is the front office. Almost as good as our pack!

Is it possible that the news of Brooksy’s planned dropping was purposely leaked to give his manager and other clubs a bit of heads up in advance of time to arrange a possible mid year switch or at least an early release signing start of next year?
They have a months notice before teams need to be at 30 man. Even if it wasn’t a mid year switch, teams interested can reshape their roster to prepare to recruit him for next year.
The only problem with this theory is Sheens wanted him to stay?.? Correct?
What people say and what people do are to entirely separate issues.
We've said this before that I would love to be a fly on the wall at every meeting regarding recruitment talks.
Wow, I'd be a manager for sure if I knew what the other party's intentions were 🤔

Way I see it. If we pay say $500k to another club. For Brooks.we would then lose the long player discount. Which in effect would would cost the club about $600-$700k in salary cap. To then purchase a half that would truly make a difference behind our rubbish pack we would need to fork out another $1.2 - $1.5m. Then we truly be the great ever bunch of morons ever. Me on the other hand would rather invest all that in a pack of mongrels up front. Dominate and bash our opponents. The backs no matter how mediocre they are, will benefit. The wins would come. Until this happens, all I can see if a bottom 3 club! Stop buying rubbish for the sake of it! Been happening for a long time. We have 2 players coming next year who will make a difference. Just need a another couple or 4 to help these guys upfront. Rest is a waste of $. It’s not that hard. Another problem is the front office. Almost as good as our pack!
It's interesting how people throw around figures like it's petty cash.
500k here and 700k there, all I'm saying is I'm glad our expenditure doesn't come out of my piggy bank 😁

Except they’re saying we’ll be paying 6-800, and only saving 500…

Adding the minimum wage at 120 to replace him in the squad… we’d be stupid to let him go… we’re only saving 350-400k and giving another club an extra half a mill in their cap…

Guessing you fellas didn’t watch 360 tonight…. 1.1 is yesterdays news

It’s 1.3 now…
Claimed by the same people that have been saying 1.1 for the last couple months - they’ve got no fkn idea!!
You guessed correct I did not watch that garbage as I have enough Tigers rumours already for the week. They make up a narrative and run with it.Truth not required

Thanks for taking one for the team and watching it

You guessed correct I did not watch that garbage as I have enough Tigers rumours already for the week. They make up a narrative and run with it.Truth not required

Thanks for taking one for the team and watching it
Yeah If I wanna watch garbage rot I will open the bin lid.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Bennett saw something in him. If he finds a deal somewhere else, it’s best for both parties.
As much as I dislike Bennett, he can get players using their strengths.

Reactions: 851
How do they not see they look like absolute idiots?? They openly talk about 1.1 mil for ages then all of a sudden it’s 1.3 and not one of the panel say “how is it 1.3 now?” Morons
Guessing you fellas didn’t watch 360 tonight…. 1.1 is yesterdays news

It’s 1.3 now…
Claimed by the same people that have been saying 1.1 for the last couple months - they’ve got no fkn idea!!

What I'm asking is what really happened - Did Trump lose & Did Ciraldo declin
Laurie has about another 7 years of underperforming before we can compare him to brooks.
Laurie is only a baby in terms of NRL experience, can't believe people forget that, plus he has missed a fair chunk of this season coming back from a serious injury. Brooks has been a dog turd for the majority of his extensive career, has never improved and won't.

Now that Josh Reynolds has failed in ESL and been sacked by his club i wonder if we as a club are stupid enough to try and get him back especially as it looks like Brooks is on his last legs here?
It would be so typical of the crazy decisions emanating from the powerbrokers in the club to do it

Now that Josh Reynolds has failed in ESL and been sacked by his club i wonder if we as a club are stupid enough to try and get him back especially as it looks like Brooks is on his last legs here?
It would be so typical of the crazy decisions emanating from the powerbrokers in the club to do it
No way. Grub is cooked.

I don't think CC has made a decision either way yet. Insideman is taking a punt on guessing the logical outcome, to make themselves look good if/when it is announced. If he signs with us, they will probably delete the post or say that things change all the time etc. When a decision is made, there will be some sort of a press conference, even if it is just CC reaffirming his commitment to the Panthers.

I don't think CC has made a decision either way yet. Insideman is taking a punt on guessing the logical outcome, to make themselves look good if/when it is announced. If he signs with us, they will probably delete the post or say that things change all the time etc. When a decision is made, there will be some sort of a press conference, even if it is just CC reaffirming his commitment to the Panthers.
Insideman wants to remain relevant. 50% punt each way.

Latest posts

Back