Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We all have players we love to hate from other clubs, and with the time it’s taking to officially announce any new signings , I hope we don’t attract those kind of players . Make a statement , top quality only , not someone like Charlie Staines to take us forward.

Nof could do with a stint away from WT
Nof can play all right and it would be good to see how he went in the Storm system under Bellyache. I like the Storm-Tigers connection. Worked well for us with Harry Grant joining us on loan last year and may be good for us in future if we need to borrow a player or two.

Surely the Moses talk has to be media rubbish....

Pretty sure MM has both privately and publicly slated us and is known to despise us as a club? .... Can't really see him wanting to come back here

Agree Teddy is still quality but perhaps the concern from poster is that by 2024 he'll be a certain age (?). If that is when his contract is up.
That would be my concern. It doesn’t matter anyway, he’s a Rooster for life.

News Corp understands Storm officials have also held talks with the Tigers over whether they would consider lending Melbourne any outside back for the remainder of the season – Storm coach Craig Bellamy and Tigers head of football Tim Sheens have a relationship dating back more than 30 years to their time together in Canberra.

Winger Ken Maumalo is believed to be of interest to the Storm, although their priority remains the electrifying Walsh, with discussions around Campbell proving fruitless at this stage.
I also understand Craig Bellamy has reached out to his old friend Tim Sheens at the Wests Tigers.

“Craig asked him if there’s any Tigers players he might release, Ken Maumalo’s name has come up, Dane Laurie’s name has come up.

“So the Storm are certainly exploring every opportunity to try and fix this Papenhuyzen situation.”

if I was calling the shots at tigertown , I’d be telling Brooks thanks for your service ,you can finish the year in first grade but also look around for next year , sort yourself out for Nov 1.
Hastings I’d tell AD is your 5/8 you have 8 weeks to prove yourself , give it a couple weeks and the truth will come out whether he’s for us or not . Madden sadly I’d tell train and trial.

I also understand Craig Bellamy has reached out to his old friend Tim Sheens at the Wests Tigers.

“Craig asked him if there’s any Tigers players he might release, Ken Maumalo’s name has come up, Dane Laurie’s name has come up.

“So the Storm are certainly exploring every opportunity to try and fix this Papenhuyzen situation.”

I’m all for a loan from a good side to a poor side. Gives young blokes a crack if there’s players in front of them, also improves the comp. There’s no negative.

But loaning a player from a struggling club to a better club just heading into the pointy end of the season doesn’t sit right with me. Injuries are part of rugby league and that’s why you have a 30 player squad.

I can’t see a benefit to the tigers or the comp.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back