Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Recruitment is essential but very difficult because :
- every wanted nrl player is already signed with another club to end 2023
There are a handful of guys not signed next year usually because of age
Cant build a future on 30 to 35 year olds
- we've had zero success in last few months attracting anybody because we are seen as a toxic fractured environment
So all we do is fantasy recruitment without addressing the issues which are
How to change our image dramatically . The 3 wise men taking over today must start there . Admit what our problems are, explain major Initiatives to turn things around and sell the club to the Nrl community
Young budding superstars might find their path to Nrl stardom slow at the top clubs waiting in line behind existing superstars whereas at the Tigers a more direct route awaits .I'm talking here about the absolute best in Nsw cup or Qld cup whatever club they normally feed

LONGEST FINALS DROUGHTS IN NRL​

PlayerLast finalGames
Luke BrooksNever played189
David NofoalumaNever played180
Ava SeumanufagaiNever played141
Euan Aitken2015, Finals Week 1133
Josh Jackson2016, Finals Week 1130
Adam ElliottNever played124
Moses Mbye2016, Finals Week 1122
Aiden Tolman2016, Finals Week 1121
Paul Vaughan2016, Preliminary Final120
Kevin Naiqama2013, Preliminary Final104
Coen Hess2017, Grand Final103
It will be difficult to catch the record Brooks sets.
Nofa will finish on 180.
Ava is done isnt he? Unlikely to get past 160 if he is still running about.
Elliot is heading to Newcastle, so he is a chance, but Brooks will keep the margin similar until at least 2024. He may be gone by then as well. Possible for him to overtake.
No one else is within a bulls roar currently.

Reactions: 851
Either that - Or he has the worlds worst calf "strain"....
As soon as they mentioned it, He was never mentioned again...
No update, No he's close - No nothing...

And to be honest, If he was there these last few weeks - He'd have been the whipping boy for all of them.
Sheens might be thinking there's something in letting him off for a couple months?

I think it's a noble thing saving Brooks from the last few weeks. No doubt he could of played

That's the difference of the approach from a coach trying to save his job compared to Sheens doing the opposite approach of thinking for future.

Both have plus and minus. Look at last year we had talau do season ending injury for little gain.

But this season look like an even bigger basket case and no player will want to come here.

Regardless, I think now that Sheens let those guys crash and burn he should let the majority go and pray to God he can do some player trading

My theory on it has been this
- I don't know he's really got an injury, Or if he did, It's to the extent they've told us.
I think he's been given time off to organise for his baby, Clear his head and freshen up to hit the ground running under Sheens...

I had a thought like this as well.
I think it's a big reason Noffa was sent to the Storm as well.
Out of Sydney & remove the pressure off him
Both have copped it and there is no way it couldn't be taking a toll on them mentally.

It will be difficult to catch the record Brooks sets.
Nofa will finish on 180.
Ava is done isnt he? Unlikely to get past 160 if he is still running about.
Elliot is heading to Newcastle, so he is a chance, but Brooks will keep the margin similar until at least 2024. He may be gone by then as well. Possible for him to overtake.
No one else is within a bulls roar currently.
Elliott will play next week against Melbourne

Reactions: 851
Recruitment is essential but very difficult because :
- every wanted nrl player is already signed with another club to end 2023
There are a handful of guys not signed next year usually because of age
Cant build a future on 30 to 35 year olds
- we've had zero success in last few months attracting anybody because we are seen as a toxic fractured environment
So all we do is fantasy recruitment without addressing the issues which are
How to change our image dramatically . The 3 wise men taking over today must start there . Admit what our problems are, explain major Initiatives to turn things around and sell the club to the Nrl community
Young budding superstars might find their path to Nrl stardom slow at the top clubs waiting in line behind existing superstars whereas at the Tigers a more direct route awaits .I'm talking here about the absolute best in Nsw cup or Qld cup whatever club they normally feed
I'm not sure how this still isn't understood but the players we'll be signing for next season will nearly all be under contract in 23, and get released.
Just like many of our losses won't just be those without a contract but the likes of Liddle, Peachey, Gildart etc who are under contract but we're trying to offload...

I'm not sure how this still isn't understood but the players we'll be signing for next season will nearly all be under contract in 23, and get released.
Just like many of our losses won't just be those without a contract but the likes of Liddle, Peachey, Gildart etc who are under contract but we're trying to offload...
This is understood, and is why many have been calling on recruitment all year long to investigate opportunities. Lets hope this was conducted.

I think it's a noble thing saving Brooks from the last few weeks. No doubt he could of played

That's the difference of the approach from a coach trying to save his job compared to Sheens doing the opposite approach of thinking for future.

Both have plus and minus. Look at last year we had talau do season ending injury for little gain.

But this season look like an even bigger basket case and no player will want to come here.

Regardless, I think now that Sheens let those guys crash and burn he should let the majority go and pray to God he can do some player trading
I hope that is theory only. If Brooks was fit he should have been played. Showing favours for some while others are out there getting caned. Not on - and may explain why their performances have been so disgraceful and Sheens has been distancing himself.

I hope that is theory only. If Brooks was fit he should have been played. Showing favours for some while others are out there getting caned. Not on - and may explain why their performances have been so disgraceful and Sheens has been distancing himself.
100%
According to some on here, Brooks is our best. If we didnt use "our best" for fear he'd be injured, Id want those decision makers sacked immediately before they cause anymore harm.

It's your opinion looking ahead to next year is an opinion too.

If we playing for the finals and not being last or second last I'm sure he would of played

I had a thought like this as well.
I think it's a big reason Noffa was sent to the Storm as well.
Out of Sydney & remove the pressure off him
Both have copped it and there is no way it couldn't be taking a toll on them mentally.

I was thinking it highlights how these guys aren't the problem. If they were the problem then we would have performed a lot better than we did.

Last edited:
Back