Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Though initial reports drew plenty of scepticism at the time, in-demand Storm five-eighth Cameron Munster has confirmed that future Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall sent him a text message to gauge his interest in a possible move to the Concord club.
But listening to Munster speak this morning .. clearly saying his family are all back in Brisbane and they are his priority right now .. meaning .. im going to Brisbane and joining the Redcliffe Dolphins .. there are already 3 or 4 other Melbourne Storm players signed by the Dolphins so makes sense to join them.

I would hesitate to apportion blame when the Roosters are involved. If a player does not want to sign (Doueihi is an example) what can the club do?

It’s only 1 man’s fault - you didn’t know?

Seriously, the way people speak here - it’s like Players don’t have a choice as to where they spend their working life…

Id we want them - here’s your money - shut your mouth!!

Every year, every player has 15 other options - and most of those options have more appeal than us.

If we sign Bateman, Leinu and Tedesco, retain Hastings are we a happy lot?

Yes but we won't get Tedesco and Bateman to me is a dud signing. Leinu on fair dollars is a good signing. He won't be a savior though. He might not even make Penrith's best team.

I'd like to see us go all in on Sualli. He could be a game changer signing for us.

Yes but we won't get Tedesco and Bateman to me is a dud signing. Leinu on fair dollars is a good signing. He won't be a savior though. He might not even make Penrith's best team.

I'd like to see us go all in on Sualli. He could be a game changer signing for us.
Suaalii will never be the type of committed player we want here. He doesn't even have that situation at the Roosters, with his annual ability to renegotiate with them. He's also going to be a bit of a mercenary type in my opinion and follow the dollars and the rings, ala, SBW.

I'd love a superstar as much as the next bloke, but a committed superstar.

Bateman possible if we are willing to spend the cash, Leinu again possible, Tedesco no chance, Hastings possible if he sees the club is moving forward
But the question is, would that recruitment outcome satisfy us as supporters?

Can’t go all in on a mercenary man…
We’d have to lose half a side to sign him and then he’d have a get out every year….

Nice enough idea, reality is - it just can’t work

I think Munster was just being polite to Benji, and maybe they do have some sort of friendship.
The fact that Munster keeps mentioning his partner being a Queenslander etc is just giving him an out for anyone but a QLD based side.
I would be amazed if he came to us.
I’m sure Benjis role behind the scenes has been to contact a lot of players but until we hear of pen on paper it’s all speculation.
And WTF thrives on that !

Latest posts

Members online

Back