Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Where there's smoke ?
SEN mentioning that Bronson Xerri has signed with a new management company that just happens to be the same management company that looks after Benji.
Xerri is banned until 2024 when he can resume playing he's allowed to resume team training in September 2023.
He'll be 24 when he resumes playing.
Thoughts ?
Does that mean he can only be signed from September 23, due to his ban? Bit different to looking to sign a 23 off contract player for 24 season.

Where there's smoke ?
SEN mentioning that Bronson Xerri has signed with a new management company that just happens to be the same management company that looks after Benji.
Xerri is banned until 2024 when he can resume playing he's allowed to resume team training in September 2023.
He'll be 24 when he resumes playing.
Thoughts ?

Remind me next year. Need players now.

They were originally setup to promote rugby league in the area - that included Wests Magpies football club. They once owned Wests Campbelltown but that club is now a seperate entity under the Wests Group which is not affiliated with Wests Ashfield. Campbelltown funds juniors in the Wests Macarthur competitions but no longer provides funds to Wests Tigers.

They own it as in they have a 90% share and Balmain has a 10% share in the club. Its a different model to Souths private ownership. They could however sell their share or any part of it to a buyer if they wished.

Pascoe as CEO is accountable to the Wests Tigers board. The board is made up of 5 Wests Ashfield board directors, 2 Balmain appointees and Lee Hag as Chairman. The Wests Tigers board could sack Lee and Pascoe if they wanted to. The only way the other 7 board members can be replaced is if they resign or are replaced by Wests Ashfield and Balmain.

So in essence Wests Ashfield board hold all the power and are pulling all the strings. And under their constitution its almost impossible to get voted off that board.
Do you know if West's Tamworth are part of/owned by the Wests Group?

Keen to have Hastings locked in for a few years so we can work out the rest of our spine. With him secured, I'm less worried about our others moving on. I think Doeuhi will stay though. If we can trade Brooks for Klemmer and Staines for Peachey, I'd go for:

1. Staines
3. Doeuhi
6. Laurie
7. Hastings
8. Klemmer
13. Rua

after the dominos fall.

Perhaps Sheens and our recruitment staff see a lot in him just like Tupou - athletic ability height, size, pace and finishing. He seems a Sheens' recruit. He is ex Holy Cross Ryde and WTs U20s so he is a known talent. He may not be the finished product just like Xavier Savage was well known for his pace in athletics.
Correct. Hill also left under the previous regime who gave very very few of our home grown youngsters an opportunity. Madge would never have given Pole game time this year or Matamua

While we are talking NFL I have a book about coaching in that league.
The section on defence makes interesting reading, it talks about “ reading the play” so it’s not just lining up your man but making yourself aware of how the opposition normally plays Attack and adjusting your D against likely implications.
Now I know why they pick NFL guys who have been to college, so they can think and make decisions.
I wonder if that’s possible with our guys ?

Madge was explicitly coaching the
Players to go in 3 in the tackle in
Order to reset the defensive line.
For years. The new rule changes
Made us look bad on several
Occassions especially with the
Speed of the play the ball, we
Let a lot of second phase play/
Offloads screw us all season with
An disjointed defensive line
Because of it. Conceeded way too
Many tries up the middle due to
3rd man/markers tracking back.
There were so many games this
Year where we let the opps run
Into our half due to the fact we
Didn't get the ball runner on the
Deck. it was engrained in the team.

While we are talking NFL I have a book about coaching in that league.
The section on defence makes interesting reading, it talks about “ reading the play” so it’s not just lining up your man but making yourself aware of how the opposition normally plays Attack and adjusting your D against likely implications.
Now I know why they pick NFL guys who have been to college, so they can think and make decisions.
I wonder if that’s possible with our guys ?
Unfortunately our decision making is appalling. And many of our players don't learn from mistakes. Think Nofa defence and Brooks in attack and kicking as a prime example. We don't seem to recruit or try and recruit intelligent players

No, I don't think so.
Sadly, not with the NRL, they are probably the most incompetent organisation in the world, probably just beaten by the WT!
We could only hope that one day the NRL will be good as the NBA, NHL, NFL or English Football League!

Reactions: 851
Unfortunately our decision making is appalling. And many of our players don't learn from mistakes. Think Nofa defence and Brooks in attack and kicking as a prime example. We don't seem to recruit or try and recruit intelligent players
Pea brains in critical positions has been our motto for to many years and how about a consistent goal kicker would be nice

Latest posts

Back