Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Like Matt Lodge did here

No he didn't, and I have previously seen reports of such quotes from Lodge.

I stated "threatening his former coach" and he did not mention that in his media address. Rather, only denying an "altercation" took place and "trying to fight" him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Words matter, especially when particular ones are lacking.

No he didn't, and I have previously seen reports of such quotes from Lodge.

I stated "threatening his former coach" and he did not mention that in his media address. Rather, only denying an "altercation" took place and "trying to fight" him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Words matter, especially when particular ones are lacking.

Words do matter....
Surely a "Threatening to bash a bloke in the carpark" is more than likely to be considered an 'Altercation"
He's also only a prop...

Curious to read some opinions on Xerri.

Good, decent sized centre, very fast (on the juice anyway!), but seemed like a bit of a tool to me.

I believe he'll have served his time, (so clean slate) and he'd be very cheap.

But in saying a clean slate, I think you'd have to be an absolute fool to use PEDs in this day and age (so wouldn't think about it) but interested to hear others' opinions.

Mate - You're drunk on delusion.....
There's a bunch of clubs that will be busting for an Outside Back with that much Potential
And he'll get paid accordingly.

Hopefully it was the Cardio part....
- If he's been playing busted when we're coming last and have a bunch of other available hookers atm, Would be criminal (Not surprising - Just Criminal)

My guess is that's the line - To get the bargaining down, Or they've found something else?

Fair enough. We just have different thoughts on him. I thnk he's fine but not spectacular - I think some of what we kept are not to his level.
100% Just the fact that Maguire selected has-beens like J Leilua and Roberts to Momirovski says enough of his mediocrity and laziness!

Looking at the forwards in the SL, I think these guys would be the only ones that could be on our radar:
  • Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds) - 24, 191cm, 112kg, signed until end of 2025, just made SL Dream Team, prop.
  • James Bentley (Leeds) - 24, 170cm, 95kg, signed until end of 2023, back row.
  • John Bateman (Wigan) - 28, 183cm, 96kg, signed unt8il end of 2024, back row.
  • David Fifita (Wakefield) - 33, 193cm, 120kg, off contract, prop.
  • Alex Walmsley (St Helens) - 32, 196cm, 115kg, prop, signed until end of 2024, prop.
  • Morgan Knowles (St Helens) - 25, 180cm, 96kg, lock / back row, signed until end of 2025.
  • Curtis Sironen (St Helens) - 29, 193cm, 110kg, back row, signed until end of 2023.
  • Kelepi Tanginoa (Wakefield) - 28, 181cm, 101kg, back row, signed until end of 2024, played in Sheens coached 2021 All Stars team.
  • Mike McMeeken (Catalans) - 28, 195cm, 101kg, back row, signed until end of 2024.
I only put Fifita in there in case he comes as a T&T if Andrew gets a 1-year deal with us.

Give the age factor and potential to improve in NRL, I hope we go for Oledzki & Knowles (and Bateman for his experience and proven in NRL).

Anyone who watches SL weekly give any insights on the above?

Also drawing a long bow, Benji Marshall played with Jaydn Sua (at both the Broncos & Dragons) and TPJ (at Broncos).

I wonder if he has a strong relationship with either/both that maybe truth in S'ua rumour a couple of weeks ago.

Looking at the forwards in the SL, I think these guys would be the only ones that could be on our radar:
  • Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds) - 24, 191cm, 112kg, signed until end of 2025, just made SL Dream Team, prop.
  • James Bentley (Leeds) - 24, 170cm, 95kg, signed until end of 2023, back row.
  • John Bateman (Wigan) - 28, 183cm, 96kg, signed unt8il end of 2024, back row.
  • David Fifita (Wakefield) - 33, 193cm, 120kg, off contract, prop.
  • Alex Walmsley (St Helens) - 32, 196cm, 115kg, prop, signed until end of 2024, prop.
  • Morgan Knowles (St Helens) - 25, 180cm, 96kg, lock / back row, signed until end of 2025.
  • Curtis Sironen (St Helens) - 29, 193cm, 110kg, back row, signed until end of 2023.
  • Kelepi Tanginoa (Wakefield) - 28, 181cm, 101kg, back row, signed until end of 2024, played in Sheens coached 2021 All Stars team.
  • Mike McMeeken (Catalans) - 28, 195cm, 101kg, back row, signed until end of 2024.
I only put Fifita in there in case he comes as a T&T if Andrew gets a 1-year deal with us.

Give the age factor and potential to improve in NRL, I hope we go for Oledzki & Knowles (and Bateman for his experience and proven in NRL).

Anyone who watches SL weekly give any insights on the above?
Oledzki is a guy I think could cut it in the Nrl. Obviously a big step up out here but he ticks every box to suggest he would be an astute signing. Bateman hasn’t been near his Raiders form. Knowles is very tough defensively and is ok but not sure how he would go out here. I watch every Saturday so I do see these guys a fair bit.

It's a weird one coming from smith that munster would have announced his intentions by now when smith himself famously went months/years not telling anyone in the media what his intentions were in regards to his retirement.
Agree with your comment re Smith but I think Smiths assertion was that if he was staying at Storm he would have signed by now.
Imo he will go to the Dolphins.

Hopefully it was the Cardio part....
- If he's been playing busted when we're coming last and have a bunch of other available hookers atm, Would be criminal (Not surprising - Just Criminal)

My guess is that's the line - To get the bargaining down, Or they've found something else?
So if Liddle not going is he still on our books. My understanding is he had another year on contract.
That’s money Sheens wouldn’t have been counting on spending, at least on him.

Latest posts

Back