Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Taafe is a half so is Hawkins both are better half's than Illias.
Penrith second rowers will run through Illias next week and expose that poor defence
What I’m saying is, Taafe thinks he’s an NRL quality half. I like the guy as a footballer and have marvelled at his high energy performances since he was about 14. But IMHO he’s not a first grade number 7.

I totally disagree with your assessment of Ilias. While I think Penrith will win, it won’t be down to the Souths half getting trampled.

Yes, Hawkins does look a good player. Surely he’ll soon be snapped up by a rival club.

Do you realise that his family and friends are all dirtbag criminals? The only way he makes it is if he ditches everyone he knows and starts fresh
Did he also come through the Cronulla juniors with the “weak gutted dog” ?

(sorry, just an excuse to revisit Ricky’s - weak gutted dog) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Broncos have 3...
Melbourne have one.

East's Tigers alliance makes sense hey?
I reckon so. Melbourne at the moment have easts tigers and the Sunshine Coast falcons.

Easts are a big club here in brissy.

It just keeps all your good fringe players playing a high level of comp, and your better juniors really exposed to playing men, in a strong competition.

Actually it is good policy to support and develop ties with junior clubs in Qld,then of course you have our group of mental midgets running the club.We can't evem hang on to some of our better juniors
Panthers have partnered with Group 10 & 11, which has been really successful.
Yeo, Burton, Stains and Egan that I can think of.

Tyrell Sloan rumoured to be requesting an immediate release as he’s wanting to be a starting NRL fullback.
Heavily linked to the Dolphins, but surely we try and get him. He’s bigger, stronger and faster than Laurie and at 20 years of age, has potential to be an elite NRL fullback.
Laurie could be ok in the halves, but not enough X-Factor to be a top 8 NRL fullback.
If we sign Charlie Staines that would be great competition for the fullback spot, with whoever misses out to potentially be a starting winger.
Would add plenty of pace and attacking flair to our backline, that’s for sure.
Also Kayal Iro and Declan Casey look to be a quality NRL players in waiting, more upside than any of our current NRL outside backs.

Last edited:
I find it funny that we can be critical of other teams halfbacks when our number one halfback is Luke brooks…
former Dally m halfback of the year ??
yeah I can bring critical Illias is rubbish put him in our team he woukd be exposed for the weak defensive player he is

Latest posts

Back