Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Maybe Niuokra has requested to remain in Australia due to family reasons and that could be an amicable swap proposed to resolve the Ipap drama.

Talk re Joffa not being an impact player.
He came into the game as one with the Broncos. He was a force off the bench, it’s when Siebold decided he could turn him and Pangai Jnr into wide running back rowers that it went down hill for him.

I reckon he was playing at least 5-10kg heavier back then.

If you see him without his shirt, (often in the change room cameras) you notice how ripped he is, very lean muscle for a middle forward.

Pack on the kgs Joffa!
I watched 360 last night after reading this comment and it was a mistake by Kent.
They were just talking about clubs that would improve next year and he said we had Api, Paps and Niuokra and it sounded like a he just got it wrong.

I watched 360 last night after reading this comment and it was a mistake by Kent.
They were just talking about clubs that would improve next year and he said we had Api, Paps and Niuokra and it sounded like a he just got it wrong.

Yeah, Nuikore was almost a question more so than a statement...

From staff writers.. these are his quotes from the article:

The Parramatta star told News Corp about a self imposed deadline to make a call on his future as soon as Sunday’s grand final against Penrith is over.

“(Waiting to make a call) has worked for us. I’m definitely going to have to stick that,” Papali’i said.

“We are just focused on this year. I don’t want to be worrying about that in the biggest week of my career to date.

“But as soon as Sunday rolls over, I’m sure me and my agent will touch base as soon we can. So we can stop all the questions.”

There's no way the Tigers will release him.

I do fear our players would have heard all his carrying on and probably be a bit dirty on him when he arrives. Hopefully it doesn't affect the team too much.

What he's doing is selfish and really reflects poorly on him. For once, I think the Tigers have played it well by "giving him enough rope to hang himself" and staying quiet in the media. Everyone is on our side, so we don't need to say anything....meanwhile he is looking more stupid each day.

Sadly, if he does agitate for a release and we hold him to the deal, I feel he won't see out the 3 year contract anyway.

Hoping this all works out.

I do fear our players would have heard all his carrying on and probably be a bit dirty on him when he arrives. Hopefully it doesn't affect the team too much.

What he's doing is selfish and really reflects poorly on him. For once, I think the Tigers have played it well by "giving him enough rope to hang himself" and staying quiet in the media. Everyone is on our side, so we don't need to say anything....meanwhile he is looking more stupid each day.

Sadly, if he does agitate for a release and we hold him to the deal, I feel he won't see out the 3 year contract anyway.

The Gm of Football from Parra has Said that Isaiah will honour tge contract.

The Gm for football at Parra has said on SEN that he would honour the Contract.

Is the Parra GM Mark O'Neil ?
Mate I thought he was, but I’d be lying if I said I kept up with the staff at Parra.

Have tried to find the segment on SEN, but not having much luck.

If anyone can post a link to the interview, that would be awesome.

Re Papa doubt it is anything about Parra and all about NZ.
Last 2 off seasons he has been hit with COVID restrictions, this year he has the RLWC.
That will be 3yrs or so without being around his family / partners family.
That takes a toll on the best of everyone regardless of the contract he signed.

This will be a bloody important test for Benji about setting us up as a family club on how he navigates around this one. If we keep Papa and he plays well no doubt Papa will need some extended time off after the RLWC or something like that to go back to NZ.

Re Papa doubt it is anything about Parra and all about NZ.
Last 2 off seasons he has been hit with COVID restrictions, this year he has the RLWC.
That will be 3yrs or so without being around his family / partners family.
That takes a toll on the best of everyone regardless of the contract he signed.

This will be a bloody important test for Benji about setting us up as a family club on how he navigates around this one. If we keep Papa and he plays well no doubt Papa will need some extended time off after the RLWC or something like that to go back to NZ.

Borders were opening again when he signed man....
Anything he can come up with be all but an excuse not to be here.

If he goes to the Warriors - We're getting someone....
Curran makes sense.
I can't see us holding him here in that instance.

Still think it would be his plan b not to come here...
But you can't begrudge a man his family.

Back