Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Farlow is a blast from the past. Dwyer & Dicko are 2 others.
Dicko probably had the best tackle technique I have ever seen & was a sure bet to play 1st grade, if he did he would've been our Radley before Radley. Would cut players inhalf. Shame as his body just couldn't handle the crunch.
MT - totally agree with you re Dicko although his attack was not great, didn't have much speed and was not going to get much bigger than he was however he did have one of the best tackle techniques i have seen also.

RTS at $700+is a much better and more proven option than either Laurie or Staines at around $500
Sort of quality who will make a difference we need to build this team..and is realistcally attainable to WTS subject to Roosters farcically finding yet another sombrero...!!

RTS at $700+is a much better and more proven option than either Laurie or Staines at around $500
Sort of quality who will make a difference we need to build this team..and is realistcally attainable to WTS subject to Roosters farcically finding yet another sombrero...!!
Add another 100k+ to that. He is older but his defence and positional play alone is worth it.

Sheens has handled the Munster thing just right. Said to just let us know if you might be interested in joining WT and we can talk. Munster and Anasta know we can almost certainly match or beat any other offers they might get. Getting someone like Munster would also make us a lot more appealing as a destination for other elite players. That said, still think he's probably off to the Dolphins.

Last edited:
I think he will go to Dolphins mainly because the Mrs will want to be back in qld now they have kids. The one big advantage is we could send someone to Storm in 23 giving Munster his cash early as opposed to Dolphins where he would wait a year.

Are we all taking that Munster comment as a swipe ?

I didn't take it that way.
Thought it sounded positive.

Thoughts?
Nah anything that comes out of the Matty Johns show is usually uses us as the but of all the jokes... really ever since the blow up with Farah a few years back

IMHO, we shall stop signing plodders, and Stains falls into that group.
For winger position we shall target Koroibete, JAC, To'o, Tupou, Codric or an alternative fast young player.
It would be great to dream of RTS, but I would not hold my breath.
Manu would be great at centre.

So my dream signings would be:
Tedesco/RST
Koroibete
Manu

However, the first things first, we need to start with props, as none of the above players would like to sign and struggle behind our current props!

the Munster situation hinges on his wife. if she's willing to wait a few more years to return to Queensland then I reckon we're a massive chance. if the homesickness is too much I'd say the Dolphins are a certainty. I personally don't think we'll get him, but I'm thankful we're having a crack.

the Munster situation hinges on his wife. if she's willing to wait a few more years to return to Queensland then I reckon we're a massive chance. if the homesickness is too much I'd say the Dolphins are a certainty. I personally don't think we'll get him, but I'm thankful we're having a crack.
If someone has her number we can all call her and ask nicely.

Back