Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yes I do. That originated from Jack Gibson via Mick Cronin at Parra. I also remember Rooster FB Alan McKeon doing it a few times.
I guess you’d call it a fad that would be howled down today.
Actually just did some checking and Roosters introduced it( under Jack Gibson) back in 1967 when he took over the 66 team that never won a game. Alan McKeon was the fb in that team.
He then reintroduced it to Parra when he went there in early 80s.And Cronin was the kicker for Parra.
Guess the old memory was a bit out of alignment but I like to get my facts straight.

Look at Klemmer's stats. He's absolutely still an elite prop and a capable pack leader. He generates second phase play and consistently gets over the advtanage line - a lot of this talk about his play being limited is wrong. He may not be the most damaging runner, but I'll take a guy who puts up a quality 150m+ and 25+ tackles a week no worries.
Also tackles with his shoulders

If Doueihi can't defend at 6 - Where's he defending?
Best support in Defence is 3 in... Flank by the centre and second rower.

If you can't do it there - You can't do it.
Except our centres and second rowers are useless as tits on a bull.

Reactions: 851
What's going on with Tommy Talau he plays center for us in 2021. He was sort of ok but he does his ACL and spends entire 2022 rehabbing and now I see he's not even signed for next year ? What's the story ?
He did his ACL, MCL and cartilage damage at the same time. Was a devastating injury, he was ready to go with a couple of weeks left in the season but the club gave him more time. He apparently has re-signed but no announcement yet.

Nah he ain’t that’s just something the Brooks lovers say to try and say he’s worth keeping. There is nothing worth persisting with Brooks apart from failure. Us fans have every right to question why he sticks around when we’ve changed everything except him yet we’ve still failed.
The only thing we have changed is coaches. Every year we roll out a totally crap side with the worst forwards in the Comp, an overpaid winger who thinks he’s king shit and the whole place is run by a laid back private school boy knob from Victoria. Until all those other things change it doesn’t matter who our playmakers are, they are driving around a piece of shit in an F1 race.

They'd probably missed the grand final...
Moses has a rep pack and didn't do much in that game.

The hate talk of Brooks by some on here is so unbalanced and unreasonable its sickening isn't it. If you point out some positives about him your labelled a fan boy and its believed you death ride anyone who may take his spot. I would be deeply embarrassed to be one of those unreasonable pigs that talk about him the way they do.

Back end of the year showed we have zero attack without him and Hastings.

God help us if Brooks has more time and space to stuff things up as he usually does over the years. How many years have we told Brooks to run and he goes missing, like him as a good clubman and yes his defense has improved over the years BUT its time to move him on if its a sound decision in our favour
The whole idea about halfbacks needing to run does my head in. It’s like saying you need a winger who scores 3 tries every week to win, which completely ignores the rest of the game you need to get you into that position.

Mitch Moses is the prime example. When Parra are on the front foot Moses runs. When they aren’t we all saw when happened in the GF… nada.

Halfbacks run when the team is going forward and they have space. Otherwise teams would just play 6 halfbacks and get them all to run.

Time to remove the astrix from IPAP?

The hate talk of Brooks by some on here is so unbalanced and unreasonable its sickening isn't it. If you point out some positives about him your labelled a fan boy and its believed you death ride anyone who may take his spot. I would be deeply embarrassed to be one of those unreasonable pigs that talk about him the way they do.

Evidenced by the fact that he got injured and we still lost every game (badly).

Halves not our issue.

The whole idea about halfbacks needing to run does my head in. It’s like saying you need a winger who scores 3 tries every week to win, which completely ignores the rest of the game you need to get you into that position.

Mitch Moses is the prime example. When Parra are on the front foot Moses runs. When they aren’t we all saw when happened in the GF… nada.

Halfbacks run when the team is going forward and they have space. Otherwise teams would just play 6 halfbacks and get them all to run.
Most important quality is a long, varied and effective kicking game.

You are right but we didn't do much with them either. I don't want to be a downer but there is no way our spine is settled.

Reactions: 851

Its
Attack is all Hastings...Brooks adds nothing .. ,great defender that he may be
and dont even get me started on his kicking game!
Many of us feel Brooks has had more than ample opportunity to make a difference in attack but hasnt delivered,and both parties wld benefit from a fresh start at the Knights or elsewhere

Latest posts

Back